Stronglifts is telling me to do some srs dyel tier lifts at the start. what do /fit?

stronglifts is telling me to do some srs dyel tier lifts at the start. what do /fit?

when i was in first year i was mildly not /dyel (pulled 150kg and squacked 110kg for reps). i'm almost done my degree and i'm a chubby dyel again so i wanna do stronglifts again. but it's telling me to squat 75lbs on my first day. i don't want to like a total faggot.

Don't care what other people think

The point is to accumulate volume and increase work capacity.

Your 6 RM is usually 85% of your real max so if youre doing a 6 rep set and its baby weight easy you need to really push up your 1RM

You should feel like dying after a real set of 6 for example.

also i just wanna say how great it is to be posting here again. nothings really changed in 3 years. these "high test" threads are new but thats about it

Yeah they said to start with like 50% of your 5RM.

it's your fault for thinking mehdi is a better strength coach than rippetoe.

He says to start with the bar.

mehdi does, yes. rip doesn't.

Rippetoe doesn't. Rippetoe has an entire section dedicated to telling you where to start.

I was in the same boat. Just did it as it said. Why? Muscles will bounce back quickly. Ligaments and tendons that have been stagnant will not. You tear them, you're fucked.

there's a difference between starting with fairly light, but reasonable weights (like SS) and ridiculously easy weights that cause no adaptation and waster your time (SL).

>there's a difference between starting with fairly light, but reasonable weights (like SS) and ridiculously easy weights that cause no adaptation and waster your time (SL).
It's to practice the form retard. You faggots are in such a rush to get weight on there to keep your fear of being ridiculed away.

Then do dyel tier lifts
Gotta start somewhere faggot

you have plenty of time to practice form on SS, dumbass, and there's absolutely nothing that stops you from doing extra sets with an empty bar either. stop trying to rationalize this shit. mehdi is a marketer, not a strength coach, and you're a moron for defending his stupid shit.

>having online coaches
>one is called 'ripperstoe'
>mfw

If the load isn't high enough, you can't practice your form properly, particularly with squats and deadlifts. Doing 10,000 reps with 65 lbs on deadlifts to achieve "le perfect form" will not be helpful if your 1RM is actually 250. You need to actually have a load that is large enough to somewhat mimic a working set, or you're just wasting your time.

Nobody is saying to jump straight into your 5RM, retard. But there is no reason for somebody to spend 3-4 weeks working their way from the bar to finally get into range that is actually useful for developing strength, hypertrophy, and good form habits. Rippetoe's way is infinitely better.

Vs pic related.

You people act like you can't change the weights.

That wasn't rippletoe you fucking tard
That's roger estep

Pic related is rippletoe, kek

>That's roger estep
Wrong.

Fuck off nigger slime

Changing a program is a big no no

>That's Roger Estep.