Why are strongmen so dumb and ugly?

Honestly fit, is there a sport more heavily involved in the sloppy form ego lifting than strongman?

This is a sports based on a TV show from the 1970's that pitted Lou Ferrigno against an Olympic weightlifter...

Eveyone knows who Lou is, but I can't even remember the name of the guy who won, because he barely won, and he was a fat ugly piece of shit.

Yeah functional strength is nice, but there is a serious diminished returns on what it can do for you. Nobody needs to regularly pic up 700 pound stuff. Get a few normies to help, teamwork fucker.

Even the guys who train for aesthetics are still far stronger than normies. If you can do reps with 3pl8 DL without grip straps then you're strong enough for any basic use.

Also, even notice how the best strongmen have the most unaesthetic structure?

They tend to have relatively narrow clavicles, a wide waist, big pelvis, thick joints, and the face of an Ogre.

Guys like Connor Murphy who have enough muscle to look good without frying their CNS trying to tow jumbo jet and big rocks. They ought to call them retard rocks. Congrats, you can pick up big rocks. You now have tard-strength. Somebody get this guy an ice cream cone a balloon and a C-pap.

It's no shock this sport is so popular in the Inbreeding capitol of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/To9FQa2O65Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but they can drop out and be king of the oil rig any time they want. but seriously why do you have to shit on others goals user

Cuz I'm on a treadmill, I'm bored, and I'm a fucking Troll. Sheesh gotta fucking explain myself on Thai cooking forum.

>Elliot Hulse was the smartest guy to compete in this sport
>But he still wasn't smart enough
>youtu.be/To9FQa2O65Q

>being that big is a hate crime in Yuropooria

You can't make this shit up.

>Eveyone knows who Lou is, but I can't even remember the name of the guy who won, because he barely won, and he was a fat ugly piece of shit.

I'd wager more people know who Halthor is than any bodybuilder competing in olympia currently.

I know this is a bait thread, but the strongmen who compete in WSM usually already have wives so there's no real need for "muh aesthetics" and you can use the whole "Nobody needs to regularly pic up 700 pound stuff" for pretty much any physical activity/sport.

Why would you train to be a good basketball player when in real life you will never have to put things in a net xDdd

>they look ugly

>Its almost as if they are prioritizing pure functional strength over aesthetics in order to compete in their preferred sport.

>Its almost as if people have differing goals when it comes to weight training.

>really makes you think

Yes I know this is a bait thread

Ur the tard here. Nothing wrong with strongman structure.

Hafthor's shoulders are wider than any bodybuilder's. His clavicles are exactly what to expect for a 6'9" man.

He's also not doing the bodybuilder "front relaxed" pose where they puff up their rib cage, flex their lats and rest their arms on them.

His hands are almosr supinated, his elbows are slighlty back, and his lats are pulled back too.

If he were to do a propper diet, get under 10% and learn to pose right he'd actually look a lot more aesthetic than you think.

>the only reason to desire an asthetic body is for women

Sigh

>I know this is a bait thread,

You think?

No one needs to pick up 700lb shit and no one needs to look asthetic so just train for what you desire

Whiny R9K fag detected.

Okay thanks for agreeing with me? great post

The thing I took offense to was this

>already have wives so no need for asthetics

Because of the implication that every that's training for size is a turbo beta cu.ck that is lifting for girls.

It's not true senpai

>Already have wives

Rules of sexual market never stop. The moment she can fuck a hotter guy than you she will. Go ahead and go up to 20% body for muh strenfth.

You're gonna find your wife is fucking a leaner man on the side.

Women aren't into huge traps with a big belly and ugly tattoos and body hair. Turning into that is almost asking her to go ride a different meat pole.

is cuck wordfiltered?

>The moment she can fuck a hotter guy than you she will.
go back to /r9k/

Fuck, I wish they would just do HD releases online of WSM already.

strong world is coming bitch. rockhead world. you will never be one of us

Wow what a teenage post Mr teenager

what if:

a) she loves you

and failing that,
b) you at your most unattractive is still the best she can get

Not interested in your blogpost, just came over to say this.

if matters if youre a fireman and carry heavy shit everywhere and might have to carry people multiple people or debris out the way. didnt think about that did you! YOU FUCKING MORAN

>c) she's scared you'll kill her like you killed her cat if she tries to leave

love doesn't fucking exist.

-_- I should know...

Too bad you won't be going into a building because your 350lb body with 100lbs of gear is going straight through that now very weak burnt out floor.

>huur durr guiz luk at me im a trol

>Guys like Connor Murphy who have enough muscle to look good without frying their CNS trying to tow jumbo jet and big rocks.
>Guys like Connor Murphy who have enough muscle to look good without frying their CNS
>have enough muscle to look good

look at
it can be used in daily life hell some careers even ask for it. why are you so mad someone is stronger than you? lmao getting outlifted buddy?

thats called the hazards of working in a first responder role rertard you could die at any moment. the point is to be efficient and save people
>be 145lbs otter mode
>cant carry full grown man and his wife out the bulilding.

stay looking good pretty boy :^) youll never be a man

Some women like different things to your R9K image of a woman. For example, some like thin guys and some like the strongest guys around, like Hafthor.

>They tend to have relatively narrow clavicles

Even if you train for aesthetics, so long as you are doing basic compounds and can 3pl8 DL for 10 reps you are plenty strong enough to pick up and carry most people plus your equipment.

Most Firefighters are not anywhere close to competitive strongman strength.

Yes it would help you out, but you don't need to be 350 pounds.

Plenty of 6'2" 200 pound firefighters who are around a 4pl8 max DL and 3pl8 max BP. Probably quite a few even less.

>bodybuilder roidcel cucks
>attractive
In this case, the big, hairy strongman does in fact win in terms of attractiveness.
>a) she loves you
LMAO