WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTINE TO START BODYBUILDING WITH

WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTINE TO START BODYBUILDING WITH

dont wanna get meme'd into SS

starting at like skinnyfat 160 lbs 6'0 good frame tho

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would personally recommend lifting heavy weights several times a week.

You're a fucking moron.

Just do ss and add in Pullups curls and some meme exercises boyo

I am not a professional bodybuilder.

That being said, I don't see the harm in just doing a SS type progression with arm exercises at the end of the workout. After half a year you will make big gains and be a lot stronger and even look better. Then switch over to a full bodybuilding thing.

I very much like the picture except for Oliver Cromwell or whoever that is.

SS, add in arm accessories starting week 3

dyel skinnyfats have no place doing anything other than a strength program so they can learn to actually lift weights

idiot

why

SO the general consensus is that SS isnt bad or what?

SS is a meme is a meme

SS is a good program for beginners. Just dont do gomad, that's how you get fat. SS + decent diet and youll be good to go

SS is the greatest thing that ever existed. I remember being a newbie and doing it and making crazy strength/size/looks gains in just half a year. It should be required before you graduate from High School.

thanks for the replies guys, i will obviously stay away from gomad

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

You could do PHUL or PHAT but I'd suggest doing SS for a few months until your progression stalls. You can throw in accessory lifts after each workout if you want to work a specific muscle.

It isn't a meme, I did SS for a year and a half. You'll get your "newbie gains," and from that point forward you can look to doing a bodybuilding routine.

Yeah seriously, don't listen to these faggots trying to sell you on a some split. they are trying to ruin you. diet and SS like everyone says and youll seriously be fine.

im tired of this board trolling with splits like what the fuck guys we are supposed to help out our fellow men

>im tired of this board trolling with splits like what the fuck guys we are supposed to help out our fellow men
If other people look worse I look better by comparison.

Is that why you recommend SS?

if you're really deadset on not doing SS, GSLP is a little more upper body focused.
You could do Candito's linear U/L program, but if you're just starting out, jumping into split routines isn't going to be as effective as 3x full body

SS with arm accessories like curls, weighted dips, weighted pullups and chinups. Throw in a 1 cardio day a week and make sure to always be at a caloric surplus at +300 or +500 and youll be fucking godtier.

Even people that got "meme'd" on SS didnt really get meme'd they got strong but they got fat BUT they got discouraged and DIDNT lose the fucking weight. If somehow you get fat and overbulk you can always cut down.

very true, i always just hear SS will make you fat and strong, like a power lifter, but obviously that has everything to do with diet

only do deadlifts, squats, ohp, conventional bench, pull ups/pulldown machine, bodeyweight dips. maby throw in some biceps and triceps isolation exorcises. do 5x5 on compunds. eat tuna brocoli and oatmeal

I have a great variation for SS to you that worked wonders for me. 3 Days a week, same workout:
Squat 3x3
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Benchpress (I prefer dumbbell) 3x5

Add in some ab-exercises to fatigue your core fully then continue with:
Rowing 3,4, or 5 x 8-12
Side lateral Raises 4-5 x 8-12
CAble crossover low to infront of you 4x8-12.

You get strong and hit the hypertrophy range after. Do this 3 times a week.
Skip Squats some days if you feel too tired.
Dead lifts are mandatory.

Don't listen to them op, a brosplit with 6 workouts a week is the only way to train for aesthetics. Chest/shoulders/triceps/biceps/left side abs/right side abs

Do stronglifts 5x5 you skinny phaggot.
Add in pullups, dips, calves, forearm work. And abs, every training day do abs.

You missed half your body bruh.

Deadlifts covers your forearms and calves just fine, at least until you lift for 1 year.

Start with GSLP to focus on learning the proper form. It's similar to SS, but you don't need to squat every workout like a retard and have some accessories added.
When you feel comfortable with every exercise lifting a weight that feels heavy for you and you still can remain proper form, hope on something like Push-Pull-Legs, Upper Lower or even a bro split. You need to test what works best for you. Don't fall for the strength routine meme if your goal is to just look better though.

fuck off rippletits

Seconded, a good start. every part gets hit twice.

post body.

Only muscles that count are the one you can see in the mirror/selfie cam brah

Just fookin deadlift twice a week, and you're good!!! GODDAM bro-splitters.

haha, a fucking newbie running on noob gains giving an advice

never ceases to amuse me

> Track Calories. Unless you’re very active, you’ll need about 5000kcals/day to gain weight. You’ll get this doing GOMAD + eating every 3 hours.

>you’ll need about 5000kcals/day to gain weight

Wtf, that's like double my tdee. I'd be fat as fuck

> Buy 7 gallons of whole milk each week

Kek! This is comedy gold. How the heck am i going to have room for 7 (28 litre) of milk in my fridge? No wonder it's called go mad

not really. it's double your TDEE as a skelly when you're not lifting. once you start lifting your TDEE increases, and once you start gaining muscular bodyweight your TDEE increases even further. combine that with the fact that novices can grow faster than anyone provided they get enough stimulation and calories, and the relatively large initial surplus makes a lot of sense. the surplus gets smaller and smaller as you gain weight and lift heavier, and after a few weeks you scale down on the milk as well. GOMAD done by the book will not make anyone fat. misapplication of the protocol will make people fat, but that's their fault.

My tdee (office job) is 1.600. then i exercise 4 times a week (no cardio).
5000 sounds overkill. Though the program do tell me to stop once I gain my goal weigh (80kg). It just seem like 3000 kcal would be enough and not fill my fridge with milk.

Read this OP
www . aworkoutroutine . com/ectomorph-hardgainer/

push pull legs

At this point, SS is a meme is a meme is a meme is recursive.

Did it for ages, got to a decent size and plateau'd. Taken a little while off but I don't wanna go back to it, it's so boring. Gonna try PPL again.

Do you want to compete in bodybuilding?
Do you want to inject steroids and pose almost naked and oiled up for a bunch of old men?
If not, don't do "bodybuilding".

Also, Lemme tell you:
"Aesthetics" is literally just low bodyfat.
You can become "aesthetic" by doing pushups, pullups and situps every day as long as your bodyfat is between 10-15%.
The advantage of SS is, you will not only gain a good amount of muscle that will make you aesthetic in the mentioned bf% range, but you will also gain a shitload of strength, which is never a disadvantage. Also you will learn the lifts.

But be aware that SS is not a long-term program. (No matter what Rippletits says). Do it for a few months to build a strength base and then move on to a routine more specific to your goals.

Anyone who tries to justify 5000kcal a day is fucking retarded, Just do 3000kcal

3 or 6 months
Fatty here

you're not supposed to go back to it after you've plateaued you're supposed to start running an intermediate program

Ss for 4 months
PPL afterwards

>all the big guys at the gym do splits
>all the guys recommending SS do so even though they didn't start with SS themselves
>the coaches recommending SS style training are fat or look like candito
>b- b- but SS is better on paper it's more exercises per week it has to be better!!!!
I don't know OP, do you want to the internet's lab rat? You'll be the only guy at your gym not doing a split but that's because they're not in on the internet secret club wisdom... Dumb fools...

You could probably run it for six months, simply because you have more reserves to build muscle and strength even in a caloric deficit. Though it depends on how fast you cut and how far you keep making progress. If you stall after 3 months, there is not point in trying to drag it out for longer.

>Deadlifts covers your [...] calves just fine, at least until you lift for 1 year.
Just what the fuck am I reading

A
Squat
Bench
Row
Tricep isolation

B
Deadlift
OHP
Chin-Ups
Bicep Isolation

Do this 3x a week for a few months. 3-4 sets. 8-12 reps.