Intermittent Fasting (and other weight loss stories)

Guys I've just started IF 23:1.
I always thoughts it was a meme but apparently science disagrees.
>HGH lvls 2000% after a 20hour fast
>LH lvls up 67%
>Test lvls up 180%
I'm convinced, I started yesterday but I couldn't fucking sleep at all.
Does anyone else have trouble sleeping because of hunger?
If so how did you fix it?
Also does anyone doing If mind giving me a rundown of what it's done for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gz_0ivp2X38
youtube.com/watch?v=4UkZAwKoCP8
youtube.com/watch?v=dVArDzYynYc
burnfatnotsugar.com/assets/if.pdf
silverhydra.com/2011/03/cheat-mode-the-official-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a (former) fatty who's lost 14kg since July, but now I haven't lost weight for about two weeks.
Starting IF to see if it works.

Are burgers sleeping right now?

Could try a ketogenic 23:1 and you don't get hungry on keto.

But tell me more about this 23:1? I like extreme novelty diets like this, gives me motivaton to cut.

Has it effected your lifts? And what time of day is your 1 hour

My 1 hour is basically dinnertime.
I eat a fuckton of food, basically as much as I can.
Yesterday I was lethargic as fuck, lifting went okay but cardio was pretty shit, however, being lethargic is supposedly only temporary.
As your body gets better at burning fat (gluconeogenesis in the liver stops, insulin sensitivity increases, HGH rises, LH and T rise) your metabolism kicks into overdrive causing you to actually be more energetic.
Humoral it makes sense, but it sure feels weird not eating at least 3x a day.
Makes me appreciate the fuck out of food though.

Anyone here on IF?
I'd really like some anecdotal information if possible.

Cats can't taste sugar.

I bet you're not even a real cat.

>gluconeogenesis stops
Meant to say it starts.
Your liver stops storing glucose and starts producing it from fats and proteins.

yeah I do these and also have a 7k calories cheat day every week, ive been losing fat a good rate. not sure how desu maybe I just shit out all the food I overeat

Underrated

When eating large quantities of food the body starts being less efficient at absorbing them.
The more food you eat, the less will get absorbed (percentually ofcourse).
There's a pretty famous Japanese girl on youtube that eats literal fucktons of food but never gains weight (Yuuka Kinoshita).
She also doesn't purge.
The reason she never gains any weight is because of a genetic malfunction in her GI tract, causing her to basically shit out 80% undigested food when she eats too much.
Pretty interesting, although I don't think that you have the same genetic malfunction, maybe something of the sort is happening in your body.
Have you noticed any weird shits after binge-eating?

well that can't be the case to me since I was obese 4 years ago. Yeah the following day is pretty much spents in the bathroom pooping since 6 days are of keto and 1 of massive carbs intake.

it makes sense I think, I mean there has to be an amount of fat the body can build in a day just as there is to muscle and going over that shouldn't do much?

I do IF with a 7 hour feeding window, big lunch and dinner with workout and a shake in between. I'm very comfortable with it, and allows me to control hunger and cravings better than when I did a fuckton of little meals through the day.

Have you noticed a gain in strength/metabolism?

>amount of fat the body can build in a day just as there is to muscle and going over that shouldn't do much
Yeah, that's basically it.

Im on IF

eating 1800 cal a day. 3 hr eating window from 3 to 6

What you need to know?

I've lost 16kg since June without fasting but now with christmas parties I've been fasting all day before going and then just eat whatever I want there, I'm getting easily 1800kcal in one meal but since I don't eat the rest of the day I still lose weight.
I'm only doing it so I seem normal at these parties, the other days I eat normally.

1. How fast are you losing weight?
2. Have you noticed any increase in strength?
3. Have you noticed any increase in mood/energy?
4. How are you holding up?

>16kg since June
Daym good job (former)fatty, you almost done?

Just 10kg left.

This summer I was cutting for around a total of 6 weeks, but I cheated a LOT. Feeding window from around 12-8 give or take an hour. Went on a pretty low cut some days even though I'd run and lift on the same day sometimes. Lost 20 lbs in that 6 weeks, I'd say it works well but I think I lost more muscle. Coffee helps keep you from getting fatigued and it kills your appetite

Nice, same here (basically).
Lost 12kg, only 14kg to go.
We're gonna make it.

Lost more muscle than on a normal cut you mean?
Maybe you weren't eating enough calories?

youtube.com/watch?v=gz_0ivp2X38
youtube.com/watch?v=4UkZAwKoCP8
youtube.com/watch?v=dVArDzYynYc

Related

>1. How fast are you losing weight?
3 to 4 lbs a week
>2. Have you noticed any increase in strength?
Using it for cutting only. So no
>3. Have you noticed any increase in mood/energy?
Think about sex more, everything else os normal id say
>4. How are you holding up?
Im doing fine i wont go back to regular eating through out the day because it feels like im always hungry. Saturday i eat maint with a 6 hr window. (Only so i can enjoy a day eating out with my wife)
Ive been testing the waters and i lose the same weight eating healthy or eating straight junk food.
So its nice you dont have to give up your favorite foods and thats why i wont go back to eating grass and nuts and shit.

Been eating 16/8 for about 2 years although recently I've gone more hardcore at the gym and reduced feeding window to roughly 20/4

The following are some of the benefits (assuming you have nailed your macros and you have been doing it long enough for your body to adapt to the new meal times - i doubt this would be more than 1-2 weeks)

>visible day to day fat loss once reaching around 11-12%bf
>all lifts are going up
>massive mental clarity increase during fast
>"feel" leaner - hard to explain but never felt this during traditional bulk/cut cycle
>food tastes better
>can tell actual hunger vs psychological cravings
>not obsessed with food
>can eat massive meals and I fucking do
> don't feel in any way deprived
>more motivation to go to gym due to energy during fast
>fasted training is my new favourite thing in this world (take 10g BCAAs before - Leangains fasted protocol)

ask me anything

Bump

>So its nice you dont have to give up your favorite foods and thats why i wont go back to eating grass and nuts and shit
One of the biggest reason I'm doing it too, thank you for your input.

>ask me anything
Actually, you were pretty fucking clear about everything.
Thanks for the info.

>Think about sex more
>Test lvls up 180%
Confirmed?

Yes all the confirms

do you have to only train while fasted? thinking about doing this, but i'm on a sports team that trains at 1600, which would be within my eating period

I also want to answer this because I have been doing IF for 91 days

1. I am losing 1 pound a week because I am tracking my diet closely and want to lose as little muscle as possible

2. I have increased strength at the exact same rate as pre-cut. Lifts above 4/2/4

3. It is easier to wake up in the morning and my workouts never feel groggy (I used to get a "bad" workout once every couple months but I haven't in 3 months now)

4. Very well. It has been very easy. It is even easier to eat less while totally abstaining from food throughout the day. I eat everything from 7 pm to 10 pm

I avoid sugar as much as possible but IF allows me to eat pizzas and stuff while still tracking macros and eating clean 90% of the time

I tried IF but it didn't work for me; it sent my appetite crazy and I always felt tired after big meals and obsessed over food.

What works for me is having small 300 calorie meals every 2 - 3 hours. 45% fat, 45% protein and 10% leafy greens.

Before that, I ate high protein low fat and my appetite was out of control; it was only since I introduced fat into my diet that things changed for me. I never used to eat cheese, butter, full fat milk, eggs or fry anything. A typical meal might of been chicken and veg, or tuna and brown rice.

Now it'll be tuna, cheese and spinach, or chicken, advocado and spinach and mushroom.

>I avoid sugar as much as possible but IF allows me to eat pizzas and stuff while still tracking macros and eating clean 90% of the time

I don't believe the part about eating clean; if you were eating clean you'd keep a decent diet instead of stupid time restriction. You've already mentioned you eat pizza.

I'm actually doing it now.
Works obscenely well.

And I only eat in the evenings, after I workout so that my body will be more ready to absorb and use the calories.

Lost a ton of weight while maintaining and building muscle.

Not essential at all- most consume one pre workout meal. Check out Martin Berkhans site.. most influential and underated fitness site out there leangains.com

Well here's to hoping I'll finally break out of the fucking plateau I've been on.

I don't do IF because I'm a fatty who can't control his appetite. I came from skelly and had trouble eating enough for a couple years and IF made me ravenously hungry so that when I did eat I could eat everything I needed to very quickly and easily. Quite clean as I make all my own food and track macros

I want to do IF but I feel like my schedule is too wacky to plan an eating window. Wat do?

Can anyone link me to IF and whatnot? Or at least just gimme a run down of what it is, exactly?

As far as I'm aware it's just "don't eat for 12-18 hours and then eat a lot and then stop for another 12-18"

or something

Food staples senpai?

It basically just means having a small eating window every day. Like limiting all of your calorie intake to 3 or 6 hours. That's all

Helps some people reduce over active appetites and it's also good relating to insulin release

I drink about 4 cups of coffee in the morning, as soon as I wake up. Maybe 8oz of milk between the cups.
I use this to skip over having a breakfest, and then try and put off having a meal until as late as possible and then eating something filling and tasty. Drink another 35oz of black tea with milk again once I get home and have something small but filling, like steel-cut oats. Works pretty good for a decent deficit , saves money, and helps cut. Down to 193lbs from the 205 plateau I was at before.

Even still lifting heavier weights, just hit a 2pl8 squat today. Btw, my meals aren't exactly the best, since I dont have the space to meal prep. Its something I have on campus, so its in no way is it any good for bulking. Sometimes family makes some decent food which helps. I dont really feel, or look any slimmer but other people have noticed. Shooting for a cut down to 180.

I lost 10 pounds without trying with a 12-10 PM window
I'm also a skelly tho, but its worth a try

>eat 20,000 cal
>can't put on weight

I would kill myself lol

I just try to eat tasty foods. On workout days my protein is usually chicken, tuna, whey and carbs will be whatever goes - rice, cereal, high fructose corn syrup, whatever takes your fancy

I don't tend to eat a lot of sugar as I feel I crash when I do but sugar isnt something you should avoid when doing IF and it certainly won't affect any gains

On rest days where carbs are low and fat is high I eat a lot of peanut butter, chicken wings (I work at dominos), fish with sauce, literally whatever

The takeaway is that IF allows you to be very liberal with what you eat. If there's ONE drawback of this approach it is that it can be quite hard to get 180-200g (whatever you need) of protein per day if your eating window is 4-5 hours like mine. 8 hours it really shouldnt be a problem.

Hope this helps

I've been on IF since September. I do 16:8 Have been a bit loose with my fast these past couple of days.

It works. The first week will suck, but your body will adjust. You feel more attentive and more primal. It's hard to describe, but you feel more like a human ought to be.

As for strength gains? Haven't regressed at all. I've actually progressed. I'm a rock climber so it's hard to gauge with traditional weight lifting exercises, but despite eating less I'm still getting stronger.

I've also worked out 14 hours into my fast, and was just as capable at performing. All I need is to stay hydrated and I'm good to go.

My job is blue collar which requires a lot of physical exertion and I bike to work. My commutes take me all over the city so sometimes I have to bike a considerable distance. Despite all this I'm able to keep up and at times outperform my co workers.

IF works. I've done it for 3 months now and have experienced no drawbacks.

That kitty. HOLY SHIT I'M DYING IT'S SO CUTE!!!

What, you mean this kitty?

Looks like my cat

Pff dude, you wish.

Cute cat tho.

>mfw fit people call "skipping breakfast" "intermittent fasting" near me

readjust calories. Your tdee has probably changed and your maintenance is probably lower.

Im IF 15:9, feel good, no hunger, cutting and slowly but noticeable getting leaner.
Training 5/Week for 1.30 hour.
Contra, i dont get stronger, can not increase weight!
Doing it for 6 Weeks now.

Thinking of doing IF 18:6

it's not about what you call it.. it's about the effect it has

underrated.

thank you.

i tried it for a while

i got cut as fuck, in a short period of time, i didn't even think i could get any leaner as a natty than i already was/am.

it's not ideal for muay thai though

forgot to write that im eating mostly RAW.

my cat

burnfatnotsugar.com/assets/if.pdf

I fast 2 days and feast 1, down 20 lb since October, all lifts have increased, ama

Do you train fasted?

Resistance train on feed days, cardio on fast, always eat before lifting

This is the explanation
>silverhydra.com/2011/03/cheat-mode-the-official-guide/

here's mine boys. rate?

CUTE KITTY FUCK
9/10

>make IF thread
>turns into cat thread
Here's my cat.

When I was younger, I ate like crap, fast food and soda all the time. I got fat but looking back at it, not nearly as fat as I probably should have. I was like 20 pounds overweight but honestly I should have been 100+ the way I was eating. I think this was because I routinely skipped breakfast.

I started just grabbing a protein bar on my way to work in the morning, because I read some normie article about how a high protein breakfast helps you stay awake or some shit. And I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time, but THAT is when I started packing on an extra 40 pounds.

So when I got Veeky Forums I lost 60 pounds, back down to a "normal" weight. I've bulked and it's about time to start cutting again. I think I'm going to try this.