If steroids are so amazing why doesn't the military give them to soldiers?

If steroids are so amazing why doesn't the military give them to soldiers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_doping
nbcnews.com/id/3071789/ns/us_news-only/t/go-pills-war-drugs/#.WFjLgX2xwfI
newrepublic.com/article/112269/112269
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They do.

if this board is so shit why do i keep coming back

Do you have any proof?

My dad used to tell me and my brother stories about how the Nazis gave their soldiers meth to fight longer.

1. illegal

2. affects different people differently

3. asides from testosterone, usually costly

4. does not build cardiovascular endurance as well as it builds strength and density

5. potential for misuse and serious damage

They did, everyone at the time was on that mirical drug. How do you think the nazis got shit done so fast?

allies also did that

Marine here. Steroids are zero tolerance. USA is natty.

everyone took meth in WW2
if a real proper war broke out (not spanking camel shaggers) they'd be handing it out like candy today too

dumbass

sensational rebuttal my good sir

Because the ethical, public relations, health and cost problems aren't worth it for the majority of soldiers.

SF get put on plenty of shit, pilots and tank crews get pumped full of meth or other stimulants when need be, the same goes for soldiers: My dad served frontline for 3 years (not US military) - whenever there was a battle that dragged on and they couldn't be relieved by another unit they would just get handed out a bunch of pills and never were told what they are, judging by the effects it was probably meth or something similar.

>Because the ethical, public relations, health and cost problems aren't worth it for the majority of soldiers.

This.
How useful is the physical side of war anyways?

If we still engaged in epic sword battles I could see the use of super strong soldiers, but as it is it seems completely useless being as war comes down to tactics and tools.

they can make your cardio worse, military is probably like 70% cardio

>implying guys in military dont use steroids

dude, during ww2 steroids and drugs were used widely. Now maybe its not official but there is literally no reason a soldier shouldnt take roids and drugs

Yea it was the norm then. It's funny when the media rolls out it's Hitler was a drug addict stories every few years when it was perfectly normal medicinal practice at the time especially for a man in a Hitler tier stressful job.

I don't think they issue steroids themselves but they certainly don't crack down on them very effectively as there's plenty of xbox huge guys in all branches. Especially POGs.

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/27879888/rise-in-soldiers-testing-positive-for-steroid-use
>Professor Chris Cooper teaches Biochemistry at the University of Essex and explains that any positive aspects of taking steroids would wear off very quickly.
>"There is a massive increase in power for the soldier, but that is going to have a limited benefit.

Canadian Armyfag here. Steroids aren't technically against the rules to take in our military, and they don't test for them in drug tests. There are quite a few people I know who take them and our special forces are filled with juicers.

Million dollar organisations like the NFL, MMA, IWF and others can't find every roider in their rings with random off season tests. How in the fuck are the marines supposed to find roiders with preschedulced dates for blood tests?

Agreed on all points except 2.

Steroids are synthetic testosterone, and if 100% pure, affects people exactly the same way as normal testosterone. Remember, doctors regularly prescribe anabolic steroids for various conditions.

How do your SF guys ruck it across 20 km of rough terrain with 30 kg of gear when they have no stamina and more muscle than what is required?

My guess is meth is unlikely. Very destructive on the brain and body.

Probably standard amphetamine.

I heard it was cocaine, not meth. I'm sure cocaine lozenges were a thing given out back then

Pervitin the drig used by the germans is methamphetamin in pills

Still one person might get high BP, another get acne and another get no sides. Don't be stupid medications affect everyone differently, doctors are there to monitor the effects and if needed adjust medication to alternatives.

>when they have no stamina and more muscle than what is required?
They don't workout for size, their workouts are usually a crossfit style mix of low rep strength training with high rep endurance work. Their workouts are similar to crossfit but without the shit form. Any doping that they are doing would be more in line with what a pro athlete would be doing than a bodybuilder.

They'd probably hand out adderall instead of straight meth nowadays. Same ability to get you wired and focused, but you're less likely to end up with an actual meth head in your ranks.

I don't know user
It's split between retarded shitposting and feels and 1% lifting
I just don't know

Because they'd rather just send you to a bunch of countries where they're legal and let you buy them yourself.

Unless they actually catch you, or are going after you for something else, no one's getting busted for juice in the military. Tests are expensive, and if there's anything they won't do, it's spend money on grunts.

Anyone know if its true if they test for it in the British army, I know guys who are jacked on gear and nothing shows on their cdts.

some roids litterally shrink your brain.

Found the bitter POG who has no shot at SF and has to make up excuses.

>military
>caring about whether something is legal/illegal

They don't give them cause it's against the laws and it would cause a lot of controversy, but they definitely allow it to happen in between soldiers. I've got a friend in the army and according to him, it's a roid fest.

>POG
Projecting are we? I'm armoured recce. I'm not bitter, I don't have anything against roiders I just call it as I see it.

shows how much you know. they synthesized test after the war

what do you think military issue 'go pills' are?

>consider myself out of shape as fuck
>bulking since summer 2015
>87 points.

Guess I'm not that fucking fat yet.

Leave with your shitty reaction images cunt

They did back then,

Everything from Meth to LSD.

Nowadays it's too easy to whistle blow and there's more regulation.

It's also a huge scandal/risk.

Its called Panzerschokolade

>muh stamina

>literally every long distance olympic runner is on something

LMAO

the truth is that lifting is just not that interesting.

after about 1 year of active reading and research, you should know most everything to need to know. what is there to talk about?

Imagine a lot of angry, roided up people with guns watching their friends die.
It would not end well

The effects of cocain only last around 40-60 minutes and cocain can only be made from coca, which only grows in neo tropical rainforest. Amphetamines can be made entirely synthetically, and the effects can last up to 36 hours. This is anecdotal but I think cocain would discourage teamwork as well

Soldiers take it on their own to pass tests

they actually used to call meth "panzerschokolade" which roughly translates to tank chocolate

Why would they. They aren't fighting with fucking swords nowadays, they don't need strenght. On the other hand, as stated in the thread, there other things that are more important. Amphetamine to stay focused for long periods of time, or heroin like they did in Vietnam.

Fun fact, when they came back, a very small minority became addicted. When you are thrown into hell, you just want to scrape by and survive without losing your mind. Come back home to your comfy standards and that will be as much pleasure as heroin in the fucking jungle. Well, unless you don't have home to come back to and you become a fucking bum, like many did, without any help from the country. So good job America.

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg

Whew, ain't that a knee slapper?

I can understand NFL, MMA, IWF being full of roiders, they're competitive sports with millions of dollars worth on the line, incentivizing the use of PED. The military, on the other hand, isn't as competitive an environment, and 'teamwork' is.more important than being swole. Also, with a gat it don't matter if he's smaller or bigger. You don't even need to be that fit to be in the military, just not be a fatass. SpecOps aside.

Cost efficiency, dumbass. They won't even give us new holsters even though the ones we got have been known to malfunction.

At any given command there are 1-2 dudes on prohormones.

My command had 3, two were Chiefs

except, there are 'steroid' like drugs that improve your cardiovascular endurance and skill; just like ones that foster muscle growth

Would be pretty expensive and I don't really see the advantage of everyone in the military being able to squad and bench huge numbers and walking around with roid rage that will cause fighting

>skinny guy 18y/o
>literally the smallest but unending stamina
>through basic getting larger
>putting on shitload of muscle
>even looks taller
>always getting "b12" Shots
> the guy came out of basic like 40 lbs HEAVIER

I'm pretty sure he was juicing.
He's also a solid 3 inches taller but I didn't think hgh does that.

amphetamine was considered a performance enhancer.

I'm really disappointed there isn't one post about Gene doping. You know...super soldiers?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_doping

This is the only guy here who actually knows anything. Plus the training for med techs and corpsman to actually be able to apply this shit weekly/daily would be unreal. Most of those mouth breathers take 4 tries to stick an IV

protip; the DoD has been dosing the food in the mil since the 80's.

all the meat is grown with steroids. what do you think happens when a soldier eats it 2-3 times a day?

They do retard. Hardly anyone follows a pct. Adding to suicide rate.

so true

the military (SF especially) heavily uses steroids, but of course being the government, it's not allowed. You basically only get caught if they see the vials during a room inspection or something.

>LSD
source?

you do realize that LSD was created by the US government, right??

posture maybe?

why would they give it to soldiers though? were they microdosing them? lmao

They were experimenting on LSD for mindcontrol and psychic stuff.
It was mostly successful.
They actually just pushed all of their mindcontrol shit into the ancient DUDE DRUGS LOL culture. No seriously, Jerry Garcia was a cia man.
Entire feminist movement was ran by the cia back then too...

>tfw the Chinks do this before anyone because everyone else is too hung up on morality and niggers

>created
lsd was FOUND by albert hoffman (swiss)

right, i knew about the testing, i was talking about giving LSD to soldiers in the field or whatever. nevermind this then.

because they use them on their own

but lance armstrong used roids and hes the definition of a cardiobunny so the argument that they dont use roids cus they need endurance more than strength doesnt make sense to me

Kek. My marine friend said half the people he deployed with juiced. There was nothing else to do out there

To expensive,
They need the budget for weapons

just imagine what the population would look like with Eugenics with the goal of creating the best humans possible AND gene doping

Underrated

>Most of those mouth breathers take 4 tries to stick an IV
Hey fuck you guy. Don't let one or two shitbag Docs generalize all of the corpsman out there.
I at least actually know my shit :(

But yeah, roids are a phase 1 drug. Good luck un-fucking the public normie mindset behind roiding just so we could give them to our guys in the field for that extra edge.

You're better off just roiding behind the backs of your CoC.
And do your fucking PCT, devil donut

>Why would they. They aren't fighting with fucking swords nowadays, they don't need strength.
This.

>Amphetamine to stay focused for long periods of time
Nowadays, Modafinil would be a more logical choice. Less side effects. Cats are awesome. Even Jihadists agree.

>nigger on roids while white guy is clearly natty

full retard detected

Right. The worst thing the Diaz bros get hit for is weed. They're super talented fighters who don't train nearly as hard as some others do to achieve the level of skill they have.

They have no reason to, they are only put into areas where they have massive advantages. Plus steroids don't help a soldier anyway.

Special forces however are given whatever they need to win.

Yes and soldiers just march, run, haul heavy equipment, set camps, build stations for optimal firepower over the battlefield with nothing but rations and holy spirit?

I don't remember where I read about USA give amphetamines to pilots so they can fly for more hours.

Back in my time with the special forces..seal team 6..army rangers..berets. You name it.

We were given so many pills brother. A pill to sleep, and a pill to wake up. We were always wired. Always on edge. Stay frosty.

Not quite amphetamines, but close enough.
nbcnews.com/id/3071789/ns/us_news-only/t/go-pills-war-drugs/#.WFjLgX2xwfI

Back in WW2, before the negative effects of some drugs were known, it was anything goes.
newrepublic.com/article/112269/112269

There's physical endurance and strength, and there's mental dedication and fortitude. The latter can temporarily substitute for the former, and that's why military training is focused on the mental aspect, developing that "never quit" attitude rather than hours of daily PT with recovery supplements to become joicy as fuark.

Because steroids are not amazing

the chinks bombing pearl harbor were tweaking out of their fucking mind.

Except it's not true, so shut up. The reason they don't do it is because they do do it, but they don't tell you.

>75 score minimum

so I don't have to run or bench? weird evaluation