Cocoon Mode General

How's cocoon mode going, bros? Read any good books or internet articles/journals lately? I plan on seeing the Assassins Creed movie next Monday, very hyped! Cocoon mode general...

Other urls found in this thread:

scotthyoung.com/blog/myprojects/mit-challenge-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doing this is a mistake

first post - best post

Why?

I've been focusing on work (data and systems architecture) and I have a lot of time to read and play video games. I've also gotten into model rockets within the past few weeks.

if only it was a choice

>thinking that completely ruining your social skills and turning yourself into even more a sperg than you already are will make you sexier

Of all the Veeky Forums memes this is by the far the stupidest one.

Cocoon Mode

I have barely any social ties I'm proud of so I'll act like isolating myself is a intentional choice in order to better myself. I probably slip in talk of "cocoon mode" and my philosophy behind it to co-workers/friends/girls thinking they'll be impressed by my discipline when in actuality they will think I'm a loser.

>implying I ever had a choice

>playing vidya during cocoon mode

I feel like cocoon mode is the best but I can't seem to stay away from forums where I chat with others...

Fuck, I didn't know this was a thing. I did this a few years back for 1 semester. Made sick progress, but it did take a while to get social again.
I played loads of vidya during cocoon mode. You have plenty of time to spare time when you have no social obligations.
You can still go on forums. That's part of research.

The point of cocoon mode is to spend time improving yourself that would normally otherwise be spent doing less productive shit. It's not to give your autistic ass a reason to stay inside and play games

Double dubs of truth

>lost my big ass hoodie
>now I can't lift in it
>nothing to wear and ignore people

How do you lose a hoodie?

I blacked out so I don't even know. Some guys I know finally convinced me to come over and drink and we went over to some grills house

Last thing I remember was autisticslly trying to kiss some girl with huge tits, woke up on a couch the other day with my hoodie gone

You can do both. I spent 2 hours in the gym daily and a 4-5 hours on productivity/learning. An hour on hygiene, an hour on basic needs. Still like 6 hours to spare man. I didn't use it all on vidya but a solid hour per day is nothing.

If you're that good at time management, then there's 0 reason to do cocoon mode in the first place.

Again, it's autistic retards making an excuse for being antisocial because
>muh gainz

I wasn't that good at it. I developed my daily routine shortly after entering cocoon mode and experimenting. Figured it out in a week or so. And that kind of time management is not useful for the real world where you don't have time for much of anything.

Doesn't that kind off defeat the purpose? If you have 6 hours to spare a day you could spend that time hanging out with your friends. It sounds more like you'd rather play video games than do that. And a mere 4 hours of productivity/learning a day is a luxury for anyone with a normal job or relatively high intensity studies.

So you're a neet?

The spare time was usually used for productivity as well. It was just time I could use as I wished. I was in grad school at the time, so homework/study load varied. Social life would have definitely eaten into the rest of my cocoon life. It just werked for me man. I don't highly recommend it, just giving my story.

Sure, Im not trying to roast you, it sounds comfy.
I have this vision where I wold just spend every day after school in complete productive solitude - training, eating, studying, working on writing projects etc, but bullshit time-waste tasks and friends usually end up taking up a lot of those hours, so I'm happy if I get 2-3 in.

why would you do this

I drifted apart from my friends after I stopped drugs/alcohol and focused on boxing after 7 years of training but never committing.

>Went full cocoon
>No social life so all I did was work and train 5 nights a week and play dota2
>Win a fight
>Keep training and get fitter than ever
>Theres a grill who trains there, shes into gymnastics too and something called aerial which is air gymnastics.
>Working out is her escape
>Working out is my escape
>I ask her out for a coffee

Few weeks later and we're now fucking and shes really into me. I like her Bros and it's nice to have a fit girl who inspires me to keep training rather than all my previous girls who did nothing but drink and/or do drugs.

I gave up on women because I had a voice in my head telling me I wasn't good enough for any girls, I was too boring now and too judgement on the world and the degenerate. Turns out I just needed to find a girl who felt the same.

I'm not sure if i'm happy Veeky Forums
I have no job, i'm not in school either. i'm 22.
I am a charming brah. But i'm tired of telling people i don't do anything so ive stopped going out.
I'm also very handsome (masc. bearded blue eyes) and tall (6'4), but ive never won over a girl with my status. Not once. Ive always just been eye candy. nothing more. And i'm tired of this.
I've stopped going out to seek pleasure. I haven't earned it. I have a pack of horny gay guys who i friendzone who will buy me whatever i want if i wanted to go out. but i don't.
I stopped seeing most of my friends. Im becoming a laughing stock anyway.
So now i'm just trying to fix my schedule, find a job and operate on normal hours.
Then, when i can buy my own drinks, ubers, and have an apartment to bring girls back too instead of my parents. I will start having fun again.
Do i sound like i have a good head on my shoulders?
Also i'm lifting again.

Literally the best thing you can do for yourself is cocoon mode. You find out shit you like doing, you have to force yourself to be content somewhat alone (as you should be), and you get through the issue of figuring out how to plan the extras such as socializing and more around the necessities like working out, food, shitposting, etc.

Fun fact I spent years in cocoon mode and realized normies can't deal with people who do that because they don't know how to position themselves socially to you. Once you remove yourself socially and reenter as someone who's content by themselves you've removed any influence they have on what you can accomplish or feel comfortable doing as yourself (you were too scared to practice piano or whatever because you sucked and they were decent so whats the point etc).

Best part is all your snakes in the grass will reveal themselves by talking shit about you throughout the time you're not visible and when you show up completely different they get buttafuco'd. It's like a social time bomb

How do you get over FOMO.
What good is cocoon mode if you're constantly jealous of others having a good time and getting laid.

Cacoon mode is amazing if you have the discipline and drive to grow as a person. If not, all it means is that the time you spent with others is now spent on fucking around in some form.

Cocoon mode is retarded. It is most effective to keep time for social stuff at the end of the day.

scotthyoung.com/blog/myprojects/mit-challenge-2/
This guy did a pretty effective job of educating himself while still having time to go to the gym and hang out with friends at the end of the day.

You can't level up your education and strength exclusively without going down in social skill levels twice as fast. You gotta smoothly level all 3 at once

>One day fashion expert

>You have to smoothly level all 3 at once

You do realize how much easier it is to socialize once you know what you like, what you're talking about (via doing those things), and also make aesthetic gains making it more enticing for people to come speak to you.

Tinder threads where "ay bby u wan sum fuk" has worked to get aesthetic/10 dudes laid should be evidence enough that social skills only need to be at a bare minimum to enter and succeed

I think the thing about cocoon mode is people confuse it with autism mode. It's not isolating yourself from social events all together, just the negative ones.

The point is to work on yourself dedicate nearly 100% of your time to please your future self, not your present self. Instead of going out to the bar with coworkers, you are at home studying a Udemy course. Instead of smoking weed in the morning with (loser) friends, you have a cup of coffee and read international news. Instead of going out to party and getting wasted, you are at the library learning to program.

So yeah, you might have to cut off social events but only the ones that don't do shit for you. Going to a local meetup and networking with those in your field gives you an advantage in your career vs partying every night and rolling off mdma.

It's up to you whether you want to end up at 25 where you'll be like "Yeah Uni was the best time of my life got so wasted bro" and the highlight of your week will be an Instagram video in the club with broke ass people.

i have been doing this for six months now. after i broke up with my gf i pretty much lost all my social circle.
i am med student so i still have to socialize cause of that. but since i am an autist i cant go beyond simple "heys"

so in my experience cocoon mode is not worth it. i was an autist and shy person pretty much all my life but i could still pull of girl friends. i could talk with girls like a normal person more or less.
afterr 6 months of forced cocoon now i cant talk to girls.and i cant find anything to say to other people not just girls. i have become more shy more autistic.
but gains man. gains are amazing. pretty much everyone asks me if i roid. and my answer is always "y-you too" thank you cocoon

Congrats you don't have a job dead beat

it's a bad idea because you completely neglect social development, which lets be honest, most people here are lacking in more than anything. Focusing on learning and hobbies is great, but set aside a day a week to do something fun with people, and make sure you talk to and connect with people you see daily, like at the gym. Even just saying "hello" is enough.

If Cocoon mode is cutting off all social contact like an autist, what do you call the useful kind of Cocoon mode when you cut off useless social contact like said? Chrysalis mode? Pupa mode?

I completely agree with you but with a caveat, it only works for strong willed people. If youre a r9k type with no drive, all that time you should be spending to advance yourself will be spent reading manga or some weeb shit.

Thanks for the advice man. Taking it to heart.

The useful cocoon mode IS cocoon mode. If you are cutting off all social contact because you are just trying to confirm your NEET faggot self, then that's going autism mode. Fine line between the two I guess.

go out when you want to or if there's something to do, you don't have to do cocoon that hard that's insane to me

why next monday

It's my birthday.

>Ass Creed
But why? Not memeing that movie looks like trash. Coming from a guy who played 1 on the PS2 and loved it. That franchise has completely jumped the shark homes.

Anyone who says this doesn't work is a fucking idiot. You just need to be focused and be productive about it.
>be me circa 2014
>23yo, homeless living in a friend's closet selling drugs while playing in a relatively unsucessful band in my college town
>bartending illegally for cash under the table
>alcoholic, 255lb lardass, 115lb bench, never squatted or diddlyed before
>decide enough is enough and move home with my parents
Went cocoon mode for that whole time until recently. Making friends brought me out of it a bit.
>be me now, 25yo
>195lb, 205lb bench, 255 squat, 335DL
>business analyst at a fortune 500 company, just got a raise to 72k/yr base salary
>becoming a person who isn't a total loser netted me tons of friends and an active social life
>recently acquired qt gf who also went cocoon mode for a year and frequents the chans, lost a ton of weight, has same hobbies and interests

I swear I'm not making this up, and it genuinely feels like my life is some cheesy lifetime movie sometimes. You have to hit rock bottom before you realize that your life sucks, it's your fault, and only YOU can change it.

>qt gf who also went cocoon mode for a year and frequents the chans, lost a ton of weight, has same hobbies and interests
>Implying this is a girl and not some post transition sissy trap

You ever asked her what else "she" lost during that cocoon mode?

It seems comfy, plus I like Fassbender. And I agree, newest games have been trash. Reminiscing about AC2 and brotherhood.

>not wanting 24/7 access to qt sissy boipucci
>not wanting free protein whenever you want just a few sucks away
fucking faggot

>It seems comfy
Bro no it doesnt. It looks like a michael bay abortion. Nothing but CGI and corny one liners.
Also
>Fassbender
Ya hes good and so are alot of the other actors, but that doenst mean anything. Cramming a bunch of stars into a shitty movie doesnt make it good.

Take it from me, its a yuge mistake

Welp, I've been in cocoon mode for 4 months and didn't even know it.

How to get gains, if you don't leave house?

Cocoon accidentally too comfy
Am now stuck in cocoon
send help

Home gym is god-tier brah

>tfw poor

Your mind cannot transform without social interaction. Do you seriously think cutting yourself off from talking to people and socializing will somehow IMPROVE your confidence/social skills?