Help me lads...

Help me lads, I've been doing Greyskull LP and boxing training on the side and I feel like I keep failing at most lifts each and every week. I assume it's because of issues with recovery. I'm thinking about trying out -> 3x5 -> 5x3 - > 3x3 for a few months instead of deloading all the time, worth it? I will add that I run for 20-30 minutes after each training session, so it looks something like this. Also, even with 5x3 and 3x3 for example I will keep the AMRAP as the last set. I figure I get enough hypertrophy from warming up before my heavy sets with 3-4 increasingly heavy steps where the steps are 1x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4, 1x2 and so on.

Monday -
Bench or Overhead Press - 2x5, 1x5+
Squat - 2x5, 1x5+
Pendlay Row or Pulldowns - 2x5, 1x5+
Cardio - 25minutes, 5mph / 8km/h

Tuesday -
Boxing, sparring, 1 hour.

Wednesday -
Boxing, light sparring and heavy(ish) cardio - 1.5 hour.

Thursday -
Deadlift - 1x5+

Saturday -
Squat - 2x5, 1x5+

I might throw in some more boxing on either Friday or Sunday, but that is optional depending on my mood and if somebody wants to come down to the ring and spar without a judge/trainer around.

Other urls found in this thread:

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that ricegums sister?

Looks like a possibility, probably isn't. Would tear her up though.

>tfw no kazakh gf

holy hell boi dat booty meat got me cryin

>I'm thinking about trying out -> 3x5 -> 5x3 - > 3x3 for a few months instead of deloading all the time, worth it?

Not a bad idea, but you might as well try 5/3/1, which is just that but properly periodized. Here it is:
> jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner

Eat more

Also sauce

Who is this fluid druid?

The thing about that is that I still think I can squeeze a little bit more out of a linear program, I am looking into trying 5/3/1 in the close future though.

I eat enough, trust me mate. I also make sure to get 8-10 hours of sleep a day, so the food and sleep part is not the problem. I really just think I reached the point where I can't continue on 3x5, my ability to recover is failing on me. :(

@aya_shalkar

Her name is Diana Korkunova if im not mistaken.

>I eat enough
Then eat more than that

Still need sauce

Let's say I can't possibly eat more, seeing as I have no intentions on rolling instead of walking will 4x3, 1x3+ or 2x3, 1x3+ be viable?

Then do a proper cut and start bulking again in 6-8 months

Thanks for the help, dork.

Bump, need more knowledgeable help.

Brehs

thank god thic girls do not wear those at my gym I would had nutted myself instantly

depending on how much you actually lift, there will be a point where you cant focus on lifting or boxing as much. Obviously we can tell you to eat more but that is easier said than done.

But may I suggest doing what I do when its the busy season for my work and I'm operating with little to no sleep and nutrition is out the window. In the GSLP book JP suggests doing the base program on a two-day per week schedule:

Tuesday
Bench Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Deadlift 1 x 5+

Friday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

So for example your week could be:
Mon:
Squat - 2x5, 1x5+

Tues & Wed
Boxing/cardio

Thurs
Deadlift - 1x5+

Fri & sat:
boxing, cardio or rest.

Sun:
Deadlift - 1x5+

The general idea here is that your frequency and rate of development in the gym is a bit slower, but you will be allowing your body to rest with at least 2 days of no weight training. this is from my experience, far more optimum than going to gym and failing 3 days a week whilst feeling like shit when doing cardio.

I hope this makes sense, GSLP is a great program and I always try to help people with it as best I can.

Good luck brah

here dont listen to:

BRO YAAA GOTTA EAT MORE HSP'S!!!, DEY'S GUDD FAR YA HEALTH. DEN DO A CUT CAUSE YA DOING BOXING AND WEIGHT TRAINING MAKES YOU SHREDDAR CHEEZE FOR STEREO!!!!

I do more cardio and lifting than that and still make good gains. Make sure to eat more and sleep more. And seperate cardio and lifting.

If you struggle with the eating then ditch some cardio on lifting days or keep it light. Your goal is to gain a slight bit of fat. Then you know youre in surpluss.

boxing is an incredibly difficult sport, you will not be able to give lifting your full attention if you intend to continue boxing

I suck at this but have you tried 4x3, 1x3+, deadlifting 1:1 to squatting and instead of increasing the weight every workout just increase it once every week you do one lift twice.
Week A:
Bench 2x - Increase weight
Overhead Press 1x
Squat 2x - Increase weight
Deadlift 1x
Pendlay Row 2x - Increase weight
Pulldowns 1x

Bump, I'm in a similar situation and I want assistance on it aswell.