>tfw basically grew up without a father
>tfw it fucked my whole life up

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9EuKeOKXXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You fucked it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9EuKeOKXXM

>overcontroling, never satisfied, always irritated, nervous and non-caring about other's needs and problems
my dad destroyed my self-confidence and left me with numerous dumb biases about life
But I cant blame him anymore, it's all up to me now

>Afirmative action queen telling it how it is

Fuck off.

Damn, I hate Oprah but she's got a real point there

keep crying. cry baby

Kek

My dad died when i was 11, about 8 years ago. I miss the guy

It'll be alright user, you'll make it through

>tfw not seen my dad in a decade
>tfw he sends monthly threats because I decided to get on with my life

kek, but it also hurts a bit

My Dad died when I was 17 and I'm 24 now

We're all gonna make it

I know the feel too well.. He died this august, motorcycle accident. We spent all summer fixing up an old car, teaching me the basics of mechanics as we went. He had so much left to teach me. Now I have to finish this thing by myself.

My dad died when I was 12.
We're all going to make it anons.

That's the worst part. I wanted him to watch me make it.

she's to cute for him

My father is still alive. But my grandfather passed about a year ago in a few days. He taught me to how work hard, carpentry, and many other skills. Keep strong bros.

Man i would love a gf like her... or one at all...

literally are you me

I know exactly how you feel my friend. Its been 13 years now and it still hurts. I take solace in knowing I am very much like my father
My brother was too young and did not really get to know him, which makes it harder to relate to my brother.

Shut the fuck up! She or you for that matter has no idea how it is to live with having your whole childhood conditioned a certain way and then try to function in normal society.

My father passed away when i was 5 and my mother is a psyco. She would use emotional terror to have me do whatever she wanted. It included yelling, beating and threatening. To threaten a fucking child to throw them out on the streets and not feed them is fucking unhumane. And by whatever she wanted i dont mean i was an obnoxious cunt. I mean micro managing my every action. How i hold my cutlary. How i brush my teeth. Which cloths i wear and how i wear them. If i didnt comply? Yell loudly, which scares the shit out of a child. When that stopped working? Threaten or beat.

Completly fucked up punishment for small random things.
And this i had to endure for 13 years before moving out. 13 years of my most impressionable time of my life. Do you think im left uneffected? IS IT MY FUCKING FAULT? Ignorant piece of shit

I live every day with crippling anxiety. Ive got a hard time interacting with other people because i expect them to fucking spaz our any second. Ive got no integrity to speak of. Im easy as shit to convince into things because deep down im afraid of the backlash of having an opinion. My whole life feels like im out of breath, on the edge. My girlfriend asked why my fucking breathing is hasitant and choppy and this was when we were relaxed as fuck alone together.

Despite this ive got an education, a high paying job, a gf and a lovely group of friends. But ill never be able to escape the shitty fucking programing. AND ITS NOT MY FUCKING FAULT. FUCK YOU

I think thats the point

My dad psychologically tormented me in my adolescence and finally assaulted me when I was about 15 years old. That's when I could finally break free from him. My family was against me breaking contact with him at first but lately they have started to realise what a fucking cunt he is and always has been.

Turn your hate for him into motivation. I will succeed in life unlike he did. Use him as an example of what not to become.

Tfw that guys a 4 and Im like an 8.5 and Ive never gotten a girl that pretty.

It is not your fault and Im sorry this happened to you. Glad you seem to be doing okay. Ignore that asshole, user

Thanks man. Means alot.

Boo fucking hoo. I went through similar shit nut with my father instead.

It doesn't excuse giving up on life, life will never be easy for any organism, be it amoeba or man. You need to fucking grab life by the balls and make it the way you want it to be. You think you can't? Well then you'll just be weeded out with the rest of the losers from the gene pool.

Your situation isn't unique. I probably won't ever understand how you feel truly but you are in control now. It is up to you from now on

Focus on process, set atteinable goals, meditate, and use conductive psychology on yourself. Maybe pay a visiti the psych and get sunshine pills.

13 years of torment can get arround with 13 years of love. I wish you the best.

>job
>loving gf
>caring friends

what are you talking about? He seems better off than 1/2 fit

who here /getalongwithfather/

>drink local brews with him all the time
>complain about liberal weenies together
>show him my cute tinder matches

Reeeeeee get out normie!!

>tfw grew up without a father more or less, father was abusive and my parents split when I was 10
>was stuck with my mother and sister, raised by women
>tfw I don't think it really affected my life at all that much, I turned out pretty much fine
I mean I think I might be bisexual but I'm not fucked in the head like a lot of those girls with daddy issues are.
I'm a well adjusted individual with no baggage whatsoever.

It's not your fault, shitty things happen to many people in their "programming" years. So reprogram. It's great that you understand it's not your fault, that's the first step, but by staying in that mode only, you, to an extent, are accepting punishment for it. This is keeping you in a subconscious mentality that it is your fault. Do not believe your life is fucked because of it, it's great that you have all what you do, but to truly overcome you have to claim you are better than what happened. Not accept, claim. Take power, no one will give it to you. Don't do things out of the fearful, "no one will hurt me again," mentality, but out of the conquering, "I will destroy what stands in my way," mindset. If you can't have peace, have passion, gain strength and power, and your victory will break your chains. You are fucking better than the thing, user, you don't need to go on a screaming rant to defend yourself against fucking Oprah or some other user. Destroy your pain, let your anger be your power, but focus it, don't spaz out and throw tantrums or oppress those who don't deserve it, because that's what your mother did. Be greater than her, be greater than what she did to you, and you will find your life free from her influence. It's not easy, it won't be, but it will be worth it.

Im not talking about giving up on life.

What im saying is no matter how much i achieve, how much social experience i get, i still feel like im inadequate. Ive reached every goal ive set. (except DL and bench) I still feel so fucking empty and anxious.

Its not about "giving up on life". Its about getting to live without constant torment.

I know its "up to me from now on", i just wish i knew where to aim my attention to rid me from the pain

Ive achieved alot of my goals (gf and job), and ive looked into alot of ways to ease the pain, psycology and meditation are amongst the things im still doing. Working out too. I dont think ill ever try pills. Im easy to get addicted. Thanks for the kind words

Plan is to continue alot of things because they make things marginally less painful.

>don't spaz out and throw tantrums or oppress those who don't deserve it, because that's what your mother did.

One of my greatest fears. If i ever became that person id start considering exiling or killing myself. The circle cant continue

>grew up with my father basically ignoring me
>haven't talked in almost a year because anytime I try to reach out to him he doesn't even try
>just want a normal dad

What is it like to love, bros?

I sometimes get really sad because I realize that I really need someone in life that I can look up to, that I can ask about questions that I have in life and that I have deep respect for.

But then I realize that the chances that my father could have been such a person to me are really slim.
If you look around, almost no one has a good and deep relationship to their parents.

So I lost nothing.

It's his sister.

What's the secret, dude? How do you get a son that is still willing to do stuff with you in his adult years? Tell me.

Treat your son as a close student, you're practically his mentor

>tfw maybe I would've turned out more alpha if only my alpha dad was around
ah well