What did you do to hit cigarettes/kill cravings?

What did you do to hit cigarettes/kill cravings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PY9DcIMGxMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quit** sorry

I quit in a weird way I've never heard anyone else do.

I quit by location. First I stopped smoking in my car. That was easy.

Then I stopped smoking at home. That was significantly harder, but if I craved a cigarette, I could just go out somewhere. At first I would leave my house 10 times a day but eventually it got less and less.

Then I stopped smoking in public, but still smoked, leaving only work. I would still sometimes make excuses and head to work off the clock just to smoke, but eventually that got less and less too.

Then I stopped smoking at work, by far the hardest but I eventually got it done.

Entire process probably took 3 months.

I'm gonna try that it's just hard not to smoke doing manual labor. I still make good gains smoking all in all if I'm gonna exercise everyday why the fuck am I smoking cigs? After this pack I'm gonna try.

Went from cigarettes to dip to nicotine gum to patches to nothing.
Haven't used nicotine for five years now.

I had quit once before without any issues, just stopped cold turkey, since then I've only smoked when I was drunked, which was quite rare (once maybe every 2 months)
recently started again due too stress from uni and shit, if I'll want to quit again and find myself struggling I'll definitely try what said

I literally just stopped and ignored the cravings.

Mind you i have gone through opiate withdrawals countless times so cigs was ez.

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone managed to quit?

Became aware of the cravings and had to keep telling myself I wasn't depriving myself of anything my body needed.
Eventually the cravings would just go away

Just stop, throw away your last cigarettes and stop buying them. You can crave them all you want but as long as you don't have any you won't start smoking again. Just don't be a faggot. If you crave just get some water or something to change your mind and make sure you don't fucking walk to the store to buy some.

Addiction has everything to do with habits. Avoid things that lead to smoking.

Smoking when on computer? Stop being at the computer.

To fill out more of my post
youtu.be/PY9DcIMGxMs

I stopped snusing two times. Both when I moved to a new place. My body wasnt used to snusing there so I did not crave it as much.

fuck me

Started rolling my own

>Process is much slower but fun, you need to make the cigarette before smoking it
>Dropped to 6-7 a day because you don't have a ready cigarette whenever
>Tobacco taste is much better
>Quality papers + quality tobacco means better smoking experience, at half the cost
>Half the disgusting smell
>Lotsa grills seeing you rolling and asking if they can try themselves

It's pretty fun

Jesus christ man that's like 4 packs please man whatever the reason just quit, cardiovascular problems are nasty as fuck, and i am not even talking about heart attack

Any pouch tobacco i tried is significantly stronger than any commercial cigs so you cant smoke as much anyway

Throw them and all the paraphrenalia in the trash, piss on all of it (not kidding), be a MAN and never allow yourself to buy any more, suffer through the withdrawal LIKE A MAN. Or are you WEAK?

>Throw them and all the paraphrenalia in the trash, piss on all of it (not kidding), be a MAN and never allow yourself to buy any more, suffer through the withdrawal LIKE A MAN. Or are you WEAK?

When people say stuff like this, I wonder if they've ever truly been addicted to anything.

I smoke

why is this still asked vape it up

Anything but the following: smoking a cigarette

>fingers become far more yellowed than with average cigs
>fingers stink far worse
>breath smells like 1950s scotland
>tobacco grit gets absolutely fucking everywhere
>"hey brah can I roll one"
>after 2 weeks tobacco is dry and very harsh
>not sealed, resulting in direct smoke inhalation

and I could probably go on honestly fucking overrated tbqh senpai

Dutch pipe tobacco chopped really fine and rolled up in premium papers or pot (if you're inclined thusly) is semi acceptable

vaping is actually the most cost effective if you make your own flavours and can commit to the investment of actually buying a vape that will have enough output to make you want to not smoke.

The yellow fingers from rolling tobacco are so fucking gross.

t. former handroller (approx. 3 years)

The answer will be no. Keep in mind, physical addiction is not an excuse, very few drugs have physical withdrawal symptoms that last after a week of non use. Psychological addiction is much harder to kick.

bought a vape and used it sparingly to avoid ostracism.

2 months of gradually lower the nicotine levels i'm off it.

I find gum helps the oral fixation smoking causes.

Yeah, I am someone who has quit smoking (dozens of times!) and have been cigarette free for something like 3 years now.

Just hearing someone grunt "Stop immediately and just be a MAN" and not realize that's the most useless advice ever is always kind of stunning for me. People need strategies, coping mechanisms, and backup plans for when they inevitably relapse.

They don't realize addiction is a lifelong thing, it doesn't go away. There's really no way for them to understand without having experienced it.

It might sound gay but I told someone I really cared about that I would never buy another pack again and then took responsibility for my own words.

Care to elaborate, user? Every time I stopped I did it cold turkey, resulting in being smoke free anywhere from a day to 3 months. I always fall for the "rewarding myself" trap, buy a pack on something like my birthday and suddenly it's like I never stopped.

>Smoked over a pack one night getting drunk and felt like shit the next couple days.
>felt disgusted with myself and didn't smoke next couple days due in part with being hungover as well.
>"well if i've gone this far why not try a bit harder".

Now limit myself to one smoke a day from five and smoke what i want to smoke when i drink (surprising not much because the tolerance of feeling like shit goes down). My next goal is to quit smoking one a day and only smoke when i drink and then stop. a complete reverse of how i started smoking

If I've learned anything from the friends/family who smoke habitually; you never really stop. The craving is always there and you're one night out from being right back in there.

I smoked a pack a day for 8 years. Vaping was the only thing that helped me quit. I didn't want to be a public mouth fedora enthusiast so I just do it in private.

I would recommend it to anyone who has tried and failed to quit before. It hits all the psychological tics that are so hard to break (feels enough like smoking, you're lifting something to your mouth, you can do it after eating) that other methods like the patch don't address.

I did this for years. Even if I went cold turkey, fight the withdrawals and make it a few weeks or months, I would always think "hey I'm doing good, let's just have one smoke and a beer" and then it was fucking over. It's not something I expect a nonsmoker to ever understand.

My dad hasn't smoked cigarettes in over 35 years, and he says when he eats pizza even today that's all he wants to do, light up a delicious cigarette after he's done. He never does it, and he never mentions it unless I ask him about it, but when I ask "So do you still want a cigarette after pizza?" he smiles and says "Of course I do."

A few things I would do if I bought a pack:
Smoke one or two and then immediately throw the pack out. It had to be outside of the house / my vicinity in like a dumpster or public trash can too, otherwise I would dig it up within an hour because I'm gross. So 1 or 2 cigarettes would cost me $7 or whatever a pack cost at the time, I don't remember. I had to really want a cigarette to pay that.

Sometimes instead of buying a pack, I'd just bum. I have that social anxiety though, so approaching someone and asking was punishment in itself.

I also started using an e-cig at one point and would take a few hits if I got an intense craving.

Also, this is kind of pathetic, but I made up some dream guy (I'm female) in my mind that I would one day meet but he was grossed out by girls who smoke. So I just imagined him being grossed out by my smoking anytime i had a craving. It worked most of the time. I still haven't met him though.

Bought some Fishermen's Friend and always took one if I felt the cravings.

I have smoked on and off for 15 years and will verify. It never seems to go away. There are still acts you associate with smoking. It also becomes like part of your identity and it's hard to let go of. I sometimes get a twinge when I see "the cool kids" out smoking during work.

On the upside, the first cigarette after you haven't had one in a while is absolutely fucking revolting, unless you're drunk and numb to taste already. I don't drink anymore, but I will still occasionally have a cigarette after a superbowl or when work is really stressful and I can usually only finish half of it before throwing it away in disgust.

Of course, that one cigarette is a bit like playing russian roulette. I was once super stressed and allowed myself and smoked past the first cigarette and onto a second and onto a third and wound up smoking for the next 6 months and had to quit all over again.

My problem with vaping was that you don't realize it, but a cigarette is really like a unit of time. With e-cigarettes, I never felt like I was "finished" because there was never really a stopping point. It was just....well now is about the time a regular cigarette would be over...so I guess I'll go back inside?

It was never 100% satisfying.

Thanks.

I tried nicotine free vaping, but it doesn't do anything for me. It really is just the nicotine craving. But I feel like if I vaped it instead of smoking it, I wouldn't get off the actual addiction.

The trick can trick sounds nice, though. I'll try that.

You'll find your guy, user.

I quit by not smoking like a retard in the first place

18+ website

*trash can
Jesus, I'm tired.

I know what you mean. Vaping doesn't have a concrete time for both starting and finishing it. It lacks that satisfaction of "got something done, time for that cigarette".

Oh my e-cigarette had nicotine. I would just take a few quick puffs to satiate the craving and move on. The craving had to be hardcore though - it was basically either take a puff of the e-cig or go buy a pack bad. I wouldn't let myself just puff away on it all day. E-cigarettes don't really satisfy me, so this may not work for anyone who finds them an acceptable substitute.

It was just a cheap $10 blu cigarette I got at walgreens.

kek

how do you even have time to smoke 75 caggerts a day???

just use nicotin patches.. easy as fuck man.. 2 1/2 smoke free without any cravings

Cold turkey is not a meme.

Never buy another pack. Never accept/ask for random fags. You'll feel like shit, but don't break on this principle.

It sucks the most, but is also the fastest way to get over cravings and quit for good.

Rip the band-aid off fast instead of peeling it off inch my inch.

"allen carr's easyway to stop smoking" book helped me immensely, go read it faggot

>ask for random fags
I don't think that memes want you think that memes

i've always wondered what was in that book that helped people. seems like a meme. how can a book make you not want to smoke?

Hookah smoker here

At my high point i was smoking about 4-5 vortex bowls a night mostly when i was playing vidya. I've found that SLOWLY increasing the intervals between smokes makes quitting much easier.

On a semi-related note, has anyone here quit both cigarettes and hookah? if so, how difficult is quitting one in relation to quitting the other?

Buying the occasional pack to satisfy my cravings usually helps stop me from going further. I take maybe 3 drags, feel like shit because the nicotine fucks up my stomach, and throw out the pack.

I was never up to a pack a day when I did smoke. Maybe half a pack at its worst, and for the most part it was a few cigarettes a day. The worst thing is the cold-like symptoms I'd get whenever I'd go 24-48 hours without a cigarette. Like there'd be days when I'd be convinced I was coming down with a fever but then I'd realize I haven't smoked for a day.

COPENHAGEN LONG CUT

I'm in the dip phase. I love a cold wedge of Copenhagen first thing in the morning.

Wintergreeeeeeeeen

Maybe try READING THE BOOK?

Its a load of shit. I downloaded it and its basically a shitty hypnosis suggestive thing. Every paragraph has BY THE END OF THIS BOOK YOU WILL QUIT SMOKING. Its blatent as fug, though it seems to have worked for a lot of people. Ive probably ruined your chances of it working for you though, sorry mang.

Started smoking a pipe and sometimes cigars.
Its not healthy, but it doesnt destroy your lung capacity like cigs.

Been off smokes 26 days. Gotta use ur lungs a lot. Remember how bad u need them. Wind sprints.

i don't know what you read but it is not like that at all lol.

you have to read it to fully understand it, but it kind of breaks the logic people tell themselves on why they need to smoke.

an obvious one was the "stress" relief of smoking. he says it's like wearing a tight shoe for the day just to take it off at the end of the day to feel the "relief". why wear the shoe in the first place?

another one was "withdrawl pangs", mentions that if withdrawal was so strong, then why doesn't it wake you up at night. people can go a full 8 hours of sleep and not need to smoke (or be waken up from withdrawl), but yet how come they can't go 2 hours awake without needing one?

i think i'm really butchering what he said, but if you read the book he explains it 100% better.

The fact of the matter is that these "cravings" indicate as instant gratification and you are down to a primal level as a human. Smoking should be seen as an activity or a "tool," if you will, for situations and occasions. There are times when cigarettes help meet people or has led to opportunities. Why would I give that up?

>quitting cold turkey
If you find that you can't stop talking to a specific person, giving up video games, or ever stop cursing, then you sure aren't going to quit smoking. Those are not the things to blame, it's you and your self-discipline skills. At this point, you consider the following:

"Sow a thought, reap an action.
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny."

That being said, smoking is not something I'm "quitting." I simply take a stronger control over it as a person and know when to enjoy it. But you're not me and aren't living my life, so take what you will.

That was a great quote user, thanks for posting it. Where's it from?

A maxim that stuck with me for years, posted by another user right here on Veeky Forums.

Started having panic attacks. They're prob unrelated, but I stopped drinking and smoking altogether after the first few scares. Genuine fear of death kinda breaks any psychological addictions you might have I guess.

>after this pack
Never gonna make it
Just throw that shit in the fucking trash you weak ass faggot

Did a overview of how much money I am spending on it when I realized I had less and less money each month (smoked for 6 months 1 pack a day, neurotic as fuck), then I decided to stop because holy shit.

Had intense cravings for a few days, cigarettes entering my subconcious especially after meals, but it went away.

I quitted at 17 after smoking a pack minimum a day for 2 years straight. I just didnt smoke anymore. It just costs lots of money and you get a minimal buzz, unlike weed where when you smoke you get fucked. Up. So didnt make sense to me to smoke anymore

I stopped because I started boxing and realized it was holding back my cardio and endurance

it's been 9 years and I still don't smoke. At first I'd only smoke when I went out in town and then I stopped that too for my fitness.

Over the years I've smoked weed a few times; but now I'm 27 I've slowed down and gotten too conscious of my health to drink or smoke.

That's heavy

When you go for a run while being a smoker, you feel it in your lungs, its like a weight on each breath.
Its awful, and a big part of what got me off cigs.

The way I quit (3 years ago) I started dipping.. I did this to ride the habit of lighting up.. After about 5 months of dipping I gradually cut back on dip till I just stopped.. And never looked back... Used my children as motivation, young one 6 and 2 and my oldest never knw I smoked... I do smoke weed however but that's not nicotine so yup yup

I quit smoking already so nah.