Any BJJ fags here?

Any BJJ fags here?

After spending several years primarily lifting as my only fitness activity, with the occasional running mixed in, I wanted to try something knew.

Went to a BJJ class because UFC and JRE convinced me it would be awesome, and it turns out it pretty much is.

Been training a few months now and have barely lifted since I started, every time I lift I end up underperforming in BJJ the next day or two because I'm too sore.

Anyone with experience doing both have tips? Or do I need to kiss my gains goodbye to switch focus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=POJ2T023M4I
youtube.com/watch?v=KzXQGMqY8_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your gains will fade away but you can still stick to strength based lifting and make gains. 5/3/1 does wonders.

bodybuilding is gay, just do some bjj specific conditioning exercises when ur rested and it wont interfere with bjj sessions

BJJ will make you better in every way. Bodybuilding is for faggots.

Lifting is great for grappling, don't give up your gains just yet, look at high level wrestlers or judo men, all fucking jacked

Just do both and sleep more. EZ.

>Bodybuilding is gay
>rolling around on the ground with another man isn't

When I started martial arts, it was difficult for me to eat enough. BJJ is surprisingly consuming, you need to eat like a fatso even when cutting, and when bulking, well...

Look into calisthenics

tell me how gay it is after getting choked out by someone wighing 130 lbs

I do bjj and that doesn't happen. Some 130 pounder is going to get fucking stomped by a 200lb person.

As far as i can say for myself, i grapple 2h on mondays and 1h+ saturdays, and i clean and jerk on wed or thurs in the gym.

Lifting to me is just a way of being better at grappling/mma (stronger grip, which is a huge advantage, better balance...) so it is up to your own objective.

I picked up karate 5 years ago and completely stopped lifting, which was a mistake, but with fighting sport lifting once a week is already very demanding

Not him, but I weighed 140lbs when I was in BJJ and regularly tapped out people twice my weight even in the same belt class.

when i was a white belt i got tapped out on a daily basis by pruple belts etc. and iwas about 220 lbs and lifting.

fake martial artist nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=POJ2T023M4I

Stop pairing off with bloated land whales and maybe we'd be impressed

bjj is gay too.
Do wrestling or sambo if you want to be a man again.

>bodybuilder playing tuff guys

youtube.com/watch?v=KzXQGMqY8_E

sambo is some real shit but bjj is right up there
Wrestlers can basically tap out a lot of grapplers if they learn some submissions

I started grappling about 2 years ago
I could tap 99% of you in less than a minute.

I'm gettin a little better, I could probably last a whole minute 30 before tapping bruh

Been Bajajeing for about 1.5yr now.

Do it on my off days from the gym. Your body eventually adapts. Make sure to eat correctly and get enough sleep.

Lift on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Bjj Tuesday, thursday, Sunday. Saturday is a rest. I lift heavy on friday, and Monday, Wednesday is medium. Gains slowing down slightly, but that's OK because it's difficult to maintain a good rolling speed if you have a lot of muscle mass taxing your cardio.

No such thing as overtraining. Only undereating and undersleeping.

Been doing bjj(4x a week) and hypertrophy routine(6x a week). Making gains fine. Take bcaa's if sore. Make sure to deload every 4th week. Supercompensation plateaus about every month for me.

>Start doing BJJ
>Enjoy it more than lifting
>Do it for 2 1/2 years
>Haven't lifted in months and cross training to run a marathon

I'm two intellegent two not transcend lifting

You sound like people with no grappling experience that just suck desu

The second guy literally said that he didn't have grappling experience

I don't pay attention to what pure jewjitsu fags have to say

I only do BJJ for the (((((((((you)))))))))s

Your claim is /asp/ tier.

so i did a year of wrestling in highschool

the first time i rolled in bjj class i got put against a 13 year old girl. i was nervous and assumed that she was going to destroy me so i double legged her as hard and fast as i could.

realized later that a 100 lb female white belt is not as deadly a warrior as i thought and i later apoligized to her (and the old woman who i also double legged extremely hard)

to all the people saying they're twink mode and tapping out guys twice their size.

if there was striking allowed you would be demolished by any man with over 50 lb of bodyweight on you, plz dont think that your bjj skills mean you can take on a nfl player tier physique in a fight

If the person knows how to strike, then yes. But most people, twink or jacked, swing their arms like retards but claim to know how to "street fight". Bjj guy would win against an untrained larger person

I do bjj and love it just make sure you keep your spine healthy cuz I fear I have made a trip to snap city

I bulked up from 130 to 170 while doing BJJ and it was absolute SHIT. It is hard to strength train while doing BJJ because your performance will suffer in both BUT it all becomes worth it when the technique and strength come together.

Purple Belt, training 5 years lifting for ~4 years

Do 3 days lifting 3 days bjj/mma

nothing is more /fit than being able to combine both skill and raw strength to force another man to concede

>Go to Thailand in a camp
>Get destroyed in clinch by 15 y.o. kid 50 lbs lighter.
Muay thai. 15 years ago most of the camp were Thai only, but for one farang per camp.
Bjj, as MT, is nowdays tame compared to what you had 15 years ago. Plus most of the people now know bjj. I have witnessed the 220 lbs guy get choked and armbarred repeatidly by the 160lbs white belt then. It was fun

Wouldn't call muay thai "tamer". I'd say it's just more accessible

Yeah it all depends where/who you train with

I do 5/3/1 any bjj. Seems to be the most complimentary type of lifting program for bjj imo.

This.

> did mma a few years ago
> 90 min bjj class
> followed by 90 Muay Thai class
> Muay Thai started with 30 min of cardio/body
> Mfw

People rarely rolled over into the next class because is was pretty damn grueling. Started working out about 2-3 months ago so I can go back and not die on my first day back.

just a fan at the moment, has a few rolls in the military to get a taste but I've not done it for years.. Hopefully start at a gym within the next year sometime.

Nick Diaz mode incoming

You'd be right if not for the eight years of martial arts, boxing, and military combatives on top of the BJJ