My squat max is 415 but dead lift is 335... I squat 2x a week and dead lift 1x a week...

My squat max is 415 but dead lift is 335... I squat 2x a week and dead lift 1x a week. Will my dead lift catch up if I do it 2x a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You either squat high, or don't know how to pull heavy.

I stop at parallel but for some reason this gets Veeky Forums's panties in a bunch

Most likely training frequency/proficiency with the lifts.

If you want to deadlift heavier then deadlift more often.

This is what I was looking for, thank you. Any recommendations on a dead lift routine? I currently pyramid 8-6-4-2-2-4-6-8

This is how I increased mine

Deadlift twice a week.

Work out your 5RM.

Basic weekly deadlift:
First deadlift session is your 5RM for 5x3+
This means 4 sets of 3, and then a final set of as many as possible (at least 3) but stop if you think you are going to hit failure and have bad form. I usually try to keep one or two reps in the tank to make sure I'm not over reaching.

Next session is 3x10 with 60% of your 5RM. Get some decent volume in with plenty of reps to drill form properly.

Deadlift progression:
Increase weight every week for your 5x3+ by 2.5kg or by 5 kg depending how the final set went. If you just managed 3 on the final set then increase by 2.5kg, if you managed 5 or more then increase by 5kg. Calculate your 3x10 weight as 60% (rounded down) of that weeks 5x3+.

Dealing with stalling:
When you fail your 5x3 repeat the next week. If you fail to get 3 reps in the final set again then change your rep scheme to 6x2+ progressing as you did previously.

When you stall with progression on doubles then deload by 60% for a week, then go for a new 5RM the following week and start the cycle all over again.

I forgot to mention, if you fail the 3x10 then reduce that to 3x8 for the rest of the cycle and when you fail that reduce to 3x6. Reset this when you retest your 5RM

Thanks a bunch man, will start this right away. Did you make this workout scheme or find it somewhere?

It's based on the GZCL method, treating the heavy lift as a T1 and the 3x10 as a T2 accessory

>My squat is so high!
>B-but I don't actually do a proper sqaut, i-it still counts right?
>Why does fit get upset when I say this, desu?

Your squat is not 415.
/thread

You know how I know you don't compete?

you lift pretty heavy for a baby, mirin'

I'm not an oly lifter, there's no need to destroy my knees

Olympic lifters don't squat.

And in competitions you only go to parallell

Oly lifter high bar squat for quad gains senpai

OP isn't even breaking parallel is his squat is almost a plate ahead of his deadlift at such low numbers. I do compete.

You're squatting high. Your deadlift will catch up to your squat when you try breaking parallel and fix your form.

>> Olympic lifters don't squat

you're a retard, an absolute retard and you must be trolling

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

Squatting below parallel is unnecessary

Your deadlift will never catch up to a quarter-squat.

For example, my deadlift is 220kg, my full squat is 200kg.

I have quarter-squatted 300kg (walkouts in the powercage, with safties set to quarter squat height, for shits and giggles).

It's like asking why your bench is the same as your OHP, when you do a fucking split jerk.

Nothing is "necessary." Doing full squats is necessary if you want to draw any meaningful conclusions about your squat:deadlift ratio.

+1 this response

This thread is full of memes. Squat more, Deadlift more. Always do it sub maximally. Don't fall for the forever cycling peaking program meme. That simple.