I can only do a single push up or two if I really murder myself before being unable to lift myself up

I can only do a single push up or two if I really murder myself before being unable to lift myself up.

Should I just kill myself or will I actually make progress failing like this? Should I try easier push up variants until I can bang out 5 normal ones at least?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEgzumrUC_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

swallow your pride and do them on your knees, or 3/4th pushups

A-alright. How many should I aim for before moving to full push ups?

I'm reasonably strong but push ups are kicking my ass for some reason.

>>reasonably strong
>>can't do 5 push ups

Have a seat I have some bad news 4 u

For a girl, anyways. I'm pretty capable. I think there's just a certain muscle that's failing me. I've never really done push ups in my life.

My legs are my strong point.

Why did you not say you are female lol. Just do knee push-ups

L

O

N

D

O

N

Not OP but I would say that is probably why

Weak girls are cute. Doesn't even matter. Good job on getting set on easy mode for life.

Just don't eat like a cow and walk/jog a couple times a week.

You dont need to do pushups to target chest and triceps. You could just do bench press. Focus on getting stronger on that. Bench for a while, add a bunch of strength, and your pushups will go up.

When I started out I really struggled with pushups. I just did knee ones until I built up enough strength to do them properly. However, the best thing you can do is buy a pair of those push up grips. They are padded handles that you use instead of putting your hands on the floor. It makes pushups much more pleasant and clean and not so fucking horrible on your wrists. They are only like $7 or so. Best equipment investment I made. I'm not talking about the meme ones that spin as you push.

Could I just do bench press instead?

I guess the three main lifts you should do are barbell squats, deadlifts and benchpress

Mix other stuff with those three.

Because I don't want to be treated like a female.

I don't plan on being weak forever and relying on others just isn't my thing. I'd like to pursue being a police officer or something.

Sure! Thank you for the advice.

I've never heard of such a thing. I'll look into it.

try losing weight first

I'm 5'7 and 57kg. Weight isn't really an issue for me.

if you have access to stairs, start with pushups with your hands around your belly level (3 or 4 steps)
>achieve mastery
>go down on the floor like normal pushup

if you have no access to stairs, start with kneeling pushups, achieve mastery move on to normal ones

also, do tri pushups not those shitty wide arm ones like this youtube.com/watch?v=CEgzumrUC_E

bwg fag here, I'll lurk if OP is still around

google grease the groove method and do it

Please be in London

Straya m8

from personal experience, for push up girls tend to have weak wrists

Why is everyone in Australia fit as fuck? I have a buddy who lives there and every picture he posts everyone is jacked or otter at the least

>why is straya fit
how else would you survive?

Haha, are you joking? If I remember correctly we have a huge obesity issue here in Australia. I think it's especially a problem amongst children.

I do have very small fragile wrists. How can I give myself more support in that regard?

that's the best time to train. I really liked the time when I doubled my progress every few month.Now it's a feew weeks for a few lbs on my squats and deadlifts.

careful what you wish for

I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not, but I swear my wrists got bigger, when masT posted his wrists being 7" I measured mine and they are 7.5" I was auschwitz for 25years then skinny fat for a few until I started working out.

I think training grip helped me with wrist thickness, talking about grip, due to some accessories I started doing for it, I noticed that pushups work my forearms, so that might be related.

I don't know your routine that works your forearms, but I bought COC #1 and boy they are hard to close, when I did manage to close fully with my right arm, I fucked up my forearm real good, so I use them mainly for warm up now before lifting.

tl;dr just work on wrist stretching first, refer to earlier post about push ups

It doesn't feel like I'm progressing very well though. I'm consuming plenty of protein too.

Hmm, alright. I was wondering if I could bandage my wrists for support. I bandage my ankles since they're pretty small and lean in a bit and it's a nice bit of extra support for sports n stuff.

Oh, then you might want to try pic related.

Are you depressed? 6 months ago when I was at my worst I couldn't even do a single push up. I could barely do anything physical.

I started at zero and do 12 dips now, stay strong

I could bench +1pl8 before I could manage more than 3 pushups
Even now im reaching 2 pl8 i struggle for more than 20