Why is squatting harder than the leg press?

Why is squatting harder than the leg press?
It's the same movement and muscles.

squatting requires substantial core strength and control that you dont get from cardio bunny ab work and leg press.

Due to core involvement, stabiliser muscles for balance and the fact that the leg press machine is at an angle, making the movement about 30-50% easier depending on the angle

>It's the same movement and muscles

Not really

>It's the same movement and muscles.

except its not.

leg press is quad dominant movement
leg press barely uses hamstrings/glutes/lowerback

the squat is harder because it requires the hamstrings, glutes, quads and lower back to all be engaging properly, the leg press only requires your quads engaging.

sin(45) = .707

so, 30% the weight you have loaded, but the track its on removes balance and you just have to push like some kind of retard and it will go up.

*70% the weight you have loaded

It is, except you're not supporting your body weight and stabilizing your core constantly.

Also, the movement is angled differently relative to the direction of gravity - you're pushing weight diagonally instead of vertically.

Two pretty big differences.

Yeah except its not the same movement or the muscles

then i just have to double the load for the same results as squatting?

No you have to divide it by 0.7

you mean multiply then subtract

Not everyone is an indigo child math genius user

>why is using my legs to push bodyweight+barbell+lmao pl8s harder than using my legs to push lmao pl8s

one of the worlds greatest mysteries

>not counting the weight of the leg press machine

When you're doing an angled leg press you're actually pushing the entire weight of the earth backwards at an angle which requires more force than simply squatting straight up and down because the area you're pushing is greater.

how do I delete my post?

>It's the same movement
no
>and muscles
no

lmao pl8s?

Oppsite for me.

I hate doing leg press, feels like my legs are gona snap, i hate the fact that I am only pushing it with my legs.

I loke squats because of core and ass involvment, much natural.

I ditched the leg press and added 12-14 reps of squat either front or back on my hypetrophy days.

because the weight's on ur fucking back

leg press should be banned from exercise equipment for being retarded. if you can't squat learn to hack lift or get a hold of a trap bar. both shit on leg press.

>babby's first free weights vs machines discussion

Squatting takes a huge amount of core strength to be able to not fucking get crushed while sitting down and standing up with weight your back, while leg press literally has your entire back supported and is at an angle and is a machine.

Squats are all about form (bracing, mental cues, how much breakdown is allowed, fixing form issues, learning better form, seeing what works for you and won't break your back) and working around personal body types (stance width, grip width, bar placement, femur length, torso length, etc). All these factors make squatting heavy a particularly difficult task that takes years of practice to perfect. Trust me, if you haven't been lifting for 3+ years and you take squatting seriously, you'll always be trying to fix your shitty ass form.

Leg press is literally sit down and bend your knees and push.

I think you can tell which one is harder.

Also -
>"yeah bro I can leg press 1000+ pounds easy"
>can't squat 3pl8
People like this exist

never heard of the lmao 1pl8 meme?