I am done with powerlifting style training

From Day 1 I wanted a bigger upper body and proportional legs. So tell me, how in the fuck did I ended up doing Sheiko programs for that? I will be honest with you boys - I don't care about my total. I am not a powerlifter and I have no desire to be one. I just want bigger gunz and wider shoulders.

Fuck this.

Then stop doing it ya mug

What the fuck did you expect? You've wasted your own time

Yeah I will stop - I am more pissed off at myself than anything else.

If you literally only care about increasing muscle mass, just go the PPL route and progressively overload with volume instead of weight.

That's what I was thinking of desu. I will keep the Sheiko bench because I like doing it and use the leg press instead of squats and rack pulls instead of full DL.

I will up the weight at the end of the 3 months.

Other than that, I will go nuts on the upper back, shoulders, arms and pecks.

You're probably some retard who thinks doing compounds = powerlifting style training

You don't stumble upon an elaborate training cycle by accident

>Do SS
>Get strong
>Do Madcow
>Get stronger
>Still not aesthetic at all
>Do a light Push/Pull routine focused on 8-12 reps with moderate weight
>Do push ups every day too, and some cardio
>Start to get aesthetic as fuck within 2 months
>Literally just do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says

Biggest problem was that I listened to Veeky Forums when starting out and I ended up doing SS but after I it I wanted to lift more weight because strength = aesthetics but I don't like squatting and deadlifting.

Look man, I am retarded but I didn't know better.

You should still squat and deadlift for hypertrophy, and they will help your upper body development a lot. Long winded programs made up mostly of high rep isolation work won't do shit for you if you're not on gear. Strength does translate to aesthetics in most situations unless you're an advanced strength athlete or bodybuilder. Obviously you don't need to be doing SS forever or only focusing on the three big lifts, if what you want is to build upper body mass you should be doing shit like rows, pull ups, dips, overhead press as well as a few isolation exercises to help out lagging muscles. Also focus more on volume, 5x5 or 3x8-12 are pretty much tried and true.

Also just a quick tip, if you don't like squatting try switching from low bar(which I assume you were doing since you were on SS) to high bar and/or front squats and do full depth - focus on form, not weight, you might find it's a far more enjoyable exercise that way. And personally I don't like deadlifting either, I only do it every other week and instead do cleans and romanian deadlifts on my pull days.

Squatting doesn't feel right for me. I like training my legs because I don't want to be reverse T-rex but I don't want to do high volume squats again. I can't deadlift well - I am a sumo puller because I can't conventional.

I was thinking of using the leg press and a partial pull to get the benefits of the movements. That or box squat but it's very hard on my lower back and knees.

What are your numbers?

190/100/200 at 80kg

I'd look in to doggcrapp training. It's similar to what you're accustomed to and it's the most effective BB type of training I've used in the 15 years I've been at it.

I don't know why this matters considering I DON'T WANT TO BE A POWERLIFTER. I don't care about my total.

What is this?

Basically rest pause training.

I read the T-nation article and it sounds a lot like SS. I didn't like the fact that I had to up the weight so much. I liked Sheiko more because I wasn't failing stuff and I could work to my heart's content. You seem knowledgeable - is there training for BB that is like Sheiko only with not so many squat and DL?

Not that I'm aware of. However a common BB replacement for deads are rackpulls. Plenty of pro body builders build impressive wheels without squats, but as a natty one would find it challenging.

Rackpulls are what I am going to use. For legs if squats are that necessary I'd rather go for the front ones because the back ones fuck up my lower back. To get depth I have to squat like Layne Norton but more forward because I am 190cm.

>I have to squat like Layne Norton but more forward because I am 190cm.
You either have shit mobility or an extremely unfortunate build.

I'm taller than you and squat extremely upright.

Dunno - I tried GM both seated and tall and it didn't help. I just can't do squats and dl well and since I am not PL I'd rather do things that I know I can do and get the benefit from.

I also have no upper back or back thickness.

I'd recommended box squats. Just squat off a height that feels comfortable. It's not like you have to go parallel for BB training.

Tried them but it gets too much torque for my lower back and knees. Can I do the front ones?

Yeah do whatever you want. You just have to go to failure on whatever you do. That's the major difference between BB and PL training with most people.

Sounds simple enough. Can I also do drop sets - I really like doing them.

Yeah to failure. Everything to failure. Compound or isolation.

Okay - thanks man!

That doesn't really matter THAT much, shoulder mobility moreso than anything.

You might just have unfortunate morphology though.

Hypertrophy is no joke, sure you're not getting strong with high rep training but you look great and you're in better shape then almost everyone you know

Desu I think that training legs for strength and upper body for hypertrophy is the absolute best combo, you have the ability to move heavy ass weight if needed with your legs, but you don't look like a dyel oly lifter

Just do heavy compounds in 3-5 rep range and progress on that shit. After you do that rest is lift and pump in 12 rep range.

Either ppl twice a week or upper/lower twice a week.

Powerlifting routines are shit. Powerbuilding is where are most gains made, you get stronger(slower than plers for sure) but get the aesthetic look like bbers.

Plus you will always be more stronger and more aesthetic than regular lmao once a week 5 day split natties.

I gym 3x a week. Two of the days are heavy compound barbell stuff, and one of the days is high volume dumbbell stuff. Am I doing it right?

That's what you get for not doing accessories and sticking to the bare sheiko program. It's powerlifting specific, but there's literally nothing that says you can't add a set of curls, chinups, or DB press each day.

Tried it for a month - it was meh.

Look man, it's not even that. I don't like doing squats and deadlifts because I can't do them properly or I am not built for them. I don't want to compete in powerfliting and I don't care about my total. I was doing PL because on forums I was told that it builds good body but I got a big ass and legs.

It's not something I like doing - is it that hard to understand. My friends are PLs and I can see that it's their thing but it's not for me.

You're not a powerlifter with that total you fucking twink.

That's fine because I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE and I DON'T WANT TO TRAIN LIKE ONE. Is it that hard to understand. English isn't my mother language but I think you guys can get the jist of it.

Fuck off you cuck.

Check out Allpro beginners program. It's a volume program and more aesthetic focused.

I've done it and SS, alternately. AP lifts are lower but my energy level was much better... 3 mo of SS and everything I did made me tired.