Sleep apnea

>tfw complaining about fatigue, ADHD, and pain for years
>go for a sleep test because I've fucking tried going though everything all my doctor's put me through and wanted to rule the last thing out
>turns out my BP jumps to 160 and I'm not breathing during the night
>now I need to wear a CPAP machine to sleep at night
wtf I thought only fatties had sleep apnea

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What were the symptoms of this user? I was curious if I had this shit because I wake up with a dry as fuck mouth like every morning and feel like shit for the first 5 hours of the day

>fatigue, ADHD, and pain
learn how to fucking read, retard.

When you say fatigue, how much "sleep" were you getting per night? I've been wondering about this, I sleep fucking 9-10 hours a night and still wake up exhausted

CPAP made a huge difference in my fatigue levels after I was told I had apnea. Even healthy body weight people have it. I'd suggest any anons who wake up tired to go for a sleep test.

Go get tested, you probably have it

12-15 hours a day with naps included throughout the afternoon and evenings. I went through an entire gamut of bullshit with my doctors from CFS to getting brain MRIs and thinking that an EBV infection from when I was 16 was still active. Sleep apnea was so severe it put me out of work for half a year.

k cunt I was hoping you could be more specific than "pain". And ADHD is a symptom? You are an autist

what kind of CPAP are you using? thinking of getting a nasal pillows mask.

snoring like a motherfucker

Pain is pretty vague, and ADHD is hardly a symptom you twat

>ADHD is hardly a symptom
deduce from the amount of symptoms that can fall under ADHD to lead you to your answer, you simpleton.

Airsense 10

how do you like it?

I had it too and i used to have the same symptoms. Even if i sleeped 12 hours straight i felt fatigued and i couldn't concentrate on difficult tasks. Also lost some weight because i felt more active and could train better.
I'm 23 years old and in shape, doctors tend to associate sleep apnea with elder people and fatties

M O U T H B R E A T H E R
O
U
T
H

B
R
E
A
T
H
E
R

>had it
did you get surgery for it?

anyone on Veeky Forums who has sleep apnea want to let me know what their CPAP is and how they like it?

It's OK. The humidifier resivoir isnt large enough for a 7-8hr sleep for me. Quiet operation though.

Do you get night sweats and wake up with a pounding heart ever?

night sweats were a thing, but I never heard a complaint about snoring

so im 99% sure i have sleep apnea. can i just skip all the bullshit tests and just get a CPAP machine? where would i find one?

That sentence doesn't make any fucking sense, please go back to >>>>/reddit/

enjoy hematoma

Mine was caused by a deviated septum, never could breath right out of my nose. Once I got that checked out/fixed the sleep apnea went away.

how'd you get your nose fixed? surgery?

I'd get my septum fixed too, but I'd rather just go with the CPAP and fix my nose later

>i'm sorry fitizen
>go on with life

>you'll make it

>bro

Yeah

Get to a PCP and ask for a sleep study.

Getting a CPAP machine will be useless if you don't know what setting you should be using it, plus if you have some good insurance it can cover part of the expense.

Just get the surgery, it's usually quick and recovery time is basically immediate.

and you won't have a CPAP machine just sitting around afterwards.

Yeah surgery, overall it wasn't too bad. Dude don't waste your time with the CPAP, do the surgery. It may or may not completely cure it (I'd say I'm breathing about 90% normal now compared to maybe 30% pre-surgery). It was worth every penny and day of recovery. Actually it was mostly covered by my insurance anyway.
But I can attest that my way of life has improved 100x. No longer wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck or wanting to puke, don't fall asleep at work or in class, started making gains in the gym.
The surgery was probably the best decision I've made in my life. The CPAP is like a band aid, but its not actually fixing the underlying problem.
Do the surgery brah, I can't recommend it enough. At least go see an ENT.

I have a deviated septum too, this thread is making me paranoid. I do have a problem waking up feeling like shit all the time, i get enough sleep but wake up feeling awful most of the time. Don't know if its just the depression combo and not wanting to even get out of bed. But it's definitely not like when i was a kid and would wake up, and literally be 100% alert with lots of energy.

Makes me self conscious as fuck too having this crooked as nose ruining any facial aesthetics i have. Could i really have sleep apnea, i never wake up in the middle of the night unless to take a piss.

Deviated septum surgery, what do they put inside instead of the cartridge? Is it some plastic shit, i can't see that lasting my lifetime. Can i just break my nose and reset it.

Sleeping 15 hrs per day is what makes you tired jesus lad. You only need 7-8hrs on workout days, and 4-5hrs on rest days.

nah bro go str8 for the bipap its for leet cunts

symptoms of sleep apnoea are morning headaches, changes in mood and cognition, feeling sleepy all the time, loss of libido. also snoring but can only tell if you have a partner

You're not a smart person

since we are on the topic of sleep... is it possible to have insomnia AND sleep apnea ?

>no amount of sleep makes me feel refreshed
>naps make me worse
>wake up feeling like I was in a coma
>once I have a shower I am fine
>cant go to sleep unless I've been up for at least 14 hours straight, body absolutely will not shut down.
>wake up a lot in the night
>always go right back to sleep easily
>always dream vividly
>no high BPM, no sweats
>wake up feeling dehydrated
>drink coconut water before bed
>have to pee in the middle of the night
>wake up middle of night really hungry no matter what I ate previously.

Pros: I can stay up as late as I need to and not feel sleepy
Cons: waking up is a nightmare.

Sorry I'm just a meathead, I wish I could be an intellectual like you :(

That's OK, I'll explain to you user.

He told you that the symptoms of super fast twitchy autismo are the same as the symptoms that he (the original poster) has.

Do you understand this or you want me to use simpler words user?

>if you have a partner
>on fit

That's a big fat if

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs

I got my CPAP machine a week ago and haven't been able to sleep since. Last night was the first time I've gotten over 4 hours of sleep with that thing on. Fuck this shit dude.

CPAPs are $1000+ without insurance.

>super fast twitchy autismo
Oh, thanks user! I am euphoric from your enlightenment~~~

The knowledge you have shewn me is as to be a wondrous benefaction towards my savvy.

You're welcome big guy