Pre-planning gains

5'7", 250 lbs fatty here. How many situps/leg ups/crunches should I do daily so that by the time I lose all this weight my abs will have some definition? I'm planning to lose about 1.5 lbs a week.

Started 4 months ago, 250lb fatty as well. My routine includes Planks, Penguins, leg lifts, scissor kicks, crunches, and situps. Focus on stuff that obliques, upper and lower Abs seperately. It'll be easier to get around the belly.

Good luck bro. We're all gonna make it

Ab wheel and planks, crunches will strain your spine long term

you already have abdominal muscles. if you lose enough weight, you will "have abs."

go lift and stop worrying about these gay isolation waste of time exercises.

Thanks guys.
I want them to be well defined. Abs are still muscles

Oh also I can't lift atm, shoulder injury.

i get that, but don't you think you have bigger priorities at this point? definition will come as you lose weight dude.

Isolation exercises for weight loss are a meme. Isolation exercises to build muscles that have been neglected are very helpful. I've been working on hips and shoulders so I can start squatting properly.

Us fatties actually need to target some stuff when we begin weight lifting

Oh well of course I'm doing fork put downs and cardio, but if I can do more, why not?

I'm 5'7 and started cutting a week ago at 187lbs. I don't have abs ATM but will at about 160-165. But ive been lifting for 5 years......so you would prob have to get down to 140s to have abs as a nonlifter at 5'7.

140 seems kinda light to me...i remember in high school at 160 I was at normal weight. Didn't have abs but I dont think i wanna get down to 140. I wanna be lean but thicc.....

I am pretty heftily built even for my weight. Very broad shoulders. We shall see if I get abs or not...we shall see.

140 is not "light" for a non-lifting guy at 5'7.

Lifting adds +20-25lbs LEAN to your frame over a couple of years.

140 to 160 are both acceptable weights for someone at 5'7.
160 is pushing it but not terrible.

about tree fiddy

Honestly man, here's what I would tell you to do.

Don't do any lifting until you've lost some weight. Get to a point where you look just a bit overweight (I'd imagine this would be around 150ish at your height, but I don't know for certain), and then start lifting heavy.

Sure you could do "more", but let that "more" be extra cardio. Also, remember to eat less - half the battle is done in the kitchen

Lol. God you people are stupid

you need to lose weight, and even then you might be SOL. i was a former fatty myself and my fat distribution was mostly in my gut - i have the gut of a 30% BF fat fuck but an actual BF of 13%. it fucking sucks, but i really dont take my shirt off all that often in public so whatever.

ten 2 fifteen

Don't fucking comment anymore.

OP, start lifting now. Beginner lifters can increase their lean body mass while losing weight and eating a deficit. If you lose a bunch of weight without lifting you're gonna look like a skinnyfat mess when you're done. You will gain/retain much more lean mass if you lift and eat a high protein diet while you cut. Not to mention the strength gains you'll make in the meantime.

START LIFTING NOW.

OP, diet, salads, boiled chicken breast for protein, treadmill 1.5 hours a day. Curling bar; deadlifts and curls, keep it at 60lbs and 30 reps a day until you can lift more.

DELET

Good god you are retarded

Never comment again

150 at 5'7 isn't overweight anymore at all.

RTS

Ex 320 lb fatty here. Left pic related was when i was about 250 lbs right is me now. Ask me questions and i will answer them

How long has you been far? Ages? Loose skin?

How long did it take? Also you seem to have limiyed loose skin, nice!

Had you been fat**

Looking great, keep going

I started my weight loss journey earlier this year on march 10. I took pic related that same day (I know i fucked up on the date stamp) but that was when I was at my heaviest at 320 lbs. When I started I was 17 years old now I am 18. Honestly, im not too sure what i did to not have loose skin.

How long were you fat before deciding to lose weight?

Well user, I got fat from being in a relationship with a fat girl. Before that i was big but nowhere near obese for my height (6'3") I was maybe 215 lbs. But all we would do when we would hangout is go get food it eventually became a daily occurance. And she had a family that loved to feed me and gave me all sorts of access to food so i fucking ballooned up and gained 105 lbs after a year and a half of dating her. Broke up with her in March about the time i started losing weight because I saw how much she poisened me and I am now im down to 195.

Were you fat as a kid or what? Give me approximate years/ages of being overweight.