Are one hand push ups and one hand pull ups the ultimate bodyweight chest, back and arms workout?

are one hand push ups and one hand pull ups the ultimate bodyweight chest, back and arms workout?

Do if I get top chest, arms and back if I focus on those two exercises?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOC3cCFB28o/
instagram.com/p/BOSoPMYBmwx/
instagram.com/p/BNXHu1ah2u5/
youtu.be/Np0jGp6442A
youtube.com/watch?v=JY8fYWUcF5Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPV2NMfrttM
youtu.be/ZSlNs_v8Krg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.
And not really. They are strength movements that provide amazing strength benefits.
But if you want mass you have to split the difference between strength and endurance. Not just pure strength.

I'm sure they build mass.
I'm 65kg.

I'm sure a one hand push up will be like doing at least 40kg in a lat machine for one arm.

One arm chin ups are the hardest pull motions calisthenic that I am currently aware of.

Theoretically a one armed lever pull up would be harder, but I know none that can do it.

Planche push ups are harder than one armed push ups and one armed planches harder still (but not a full push motion)

instagram.com/p/BOC3cCFB28o/
instagram.com/p/BOSoPMYBmwx/
instagram.com/p/BNXHu1ah2u5/

yeah, I can do 100 pushups easily.
still trying to do diamond push ups.
but I think I'll move to one hand push up.

Hardly can even do half one, just trying to do 3 shit half one hand push ups, where I simply try to flex my arm, but fail.

Dunno how they don't build mass.

Let me give you some perspective.

Multiply your squat or deadlift 2 rep max by 150%.

Do three half-assed reps of that and make four sets of those half-assed reps your whole workout.

You won't improve your numbers. You won't out on mass.
Have a more linear progression (this is the problem with strict calisthenics)

I got to my 1 rep one arm chin up with a pulley. In less than a year I can now do 3x5 one arm chin ups.

Good, full, and controlled reps in higher numbers will put on mass.

Calisthenics doesn't do as much mass anyway. It gives neat proportions and crazy strength, but not crazy mass.

not looking for mass, looking to look natty and clean.

I ddon't know a single person that can do a single arm pullup.

You've got to be strong, lean and light, breh

If you've got all 3 you're doing something right

Then you're on the right path.

Find a progression, that's how you'll make the most progress in the long run.

Planche push up is superior to one arm push up.
To achieve a one arm chin up work with these parameters

3*10 with 50lbs added on your chin ups

Then, start working backwards.
Use a pulley that hooks onto a climbing harness that you wear.

Do 10 singles on each arm and decrease the resistance by 5lbs - 2.5lbs every workout.

Finish each workout with one arm lowers(also known as negatives). 3 sets of ten on each arm for this alternating lowers. Use half of the resistance of whatever you started with.

You may also need to work on hanging one-arm shrugs for scapular prehab.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Is doing bodyweight the same as using a machine or lifting weights?

A simple one hand push up is easily at least 40-50kg.

It would be the same as using a dumbell that weights at least that, right?

1 handed push-ups are a party trick
It's about how you set up and is like 20% harder than a single pushup
Once you know how to do then they're easy as fuck

>one hand push ups
No. 4/10 difficulty at best. Easy to achieve
>one arm pull up
Yes. Ultimate vertical pull exercise. 9/10 difficulty.

I used basically barbell principles to get a one arm chin up (and multiple reps) faster than anyone I've read about.

It's neat if you want a hard goal and a kick-ass trick.
Not a lot of people did it the way I did. I've only read of a few low profile people that used similar methods. All saw the same superior results.
Strictly bodyweight?
>Not as good as bodyweight with assisted progressions

Bodyweight (with assisted progressions) vs Barbell
>Depends on if you think bodyweight is fun.
Bodyweight works big groups like compounds, just in different ways.

I do a mix of both.

>Push
OHP
Weighted push ups
Planche

>Pull
One arm chin ups

>Legs
Deadlift

How did you get to 1 arm chin up?
Im doing weighted chin ups rn and im at 82lbs for 4 reps

Where is your recommended go to for people looking to seriously get into Calithstenics? Like, absolute novie teir. The sticky shows me nothing

I got into it because I loved climbing and thought it would help a lot.

To get the one arm chin you need both endurance and strength!

You need endurance because as I've listed in this workout detail you will be doing a minimum of 10 singles (if you can't do them all at the same weight do three sets of 5 with a bit more help) and 60 assisted chins with one arm lowers at the end (so you can get 3*10 one arm lowers)

Over time you will decrease your volume a bit. Right now I do 45 reps of the one arm chin up on my workout with 3*5 of them being without resistance and two other sets of 3*5 at increasingly more assistance.
Watch the Wim Hof interview with Joe Rogan.
His breathing technique absolutely helped with my rest periods.
youtu.be/Np0jGp6442A

Treat it like starting strength but with your preferred movements.

It's not just about adding weight (although for some exercises that's perfect).

You change angles over time, add resistance bands, etc.
If you want a good platform to start from work up to three sets of 10 chin ups. Three sets of 30 push ups.

While you're progressing start figuring out what stuff you want to do (planche push-ups interested me and so did the One arm chin up) and just read as many articles as you can by as many authors as possible.

T-nation
Ido Portal
Marcus Bondi
Gymnastics bodies
Defying gravity

Find the forums, scour the web-perfect the form, and you may even pioneer a new progression.
I treated it like a new science and said that I would be the best at it.

That's what you have to do, if you want to do the really hard stuff. That's what all of the greats do.

They can be, if you don't use garbage form like the pic.

Keep your shoulders parallel to the floor, and legs not splayed 4 feet apart.

one arm pullup:

youtube.com/watch?v=JY8fYWUcF5Q

I can do a couple one armed push-ups on each hand, but somehow my left arm is stronger than my right.
I've also started doing index finger and thumb push-ups, trying to move onto thumb push-ups, but they seem near impossible at this point.

Unless you're extremely light, seeing progress on that exercise will take a long time. Try pressing your fist into your thumb like you're doing that politician hand thing Bill Clinton popularized. It should help drive more force into your thumb

Harlem, NYC.

Lots out outdoor playgrounds.

>mind the locals.

You sure you're doing them right?
Keep in mind you hold diamond lower than you keep your hands during normal push up. Search for a video, there's milion "how to" videos on YT.
If that doesn't work, maybe try doing incline push ups to build up more strength?

Good routine for a start.

>Are you natty?
Congrats, you'll always look natty
>Have you showered today?
Congrats, you're clean

>65kg
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

you ment to say
>one arm muscle ups
right?
RIGHT??

I have yet to see 1 arm muscle up done with good form.
Hefesto is a good example of a move thats more advanced than a 1 arm chin up but still real.

there was at least one dude posting in /bwg/ who was progressing on it

I thought we were talking about difficulty level here? Hefesto looks nothing like one arm muscle up -_-

I know its not even close.
I was just saying its a good example of a pulling exercise harder than a 1 arm chin up.
Also most 1 arm muscle ups are done with a lot of kip and awful form. Not that I could do any better but still its not realistic to shoot for it.

I was just saying that a one arm muscle up is harder than one arm chin up
Also that Hefesto looks less biceps intensive move than a chin up

How? You basically have to bicep curl your entire bodyweight into a dip. Its much more difficult than a 1 arm chin up.

can you link a good example then

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPV2NMfrttM

yeap, I though my search gave bad examples, like I thought, his arm angle doesn't change much, maybe 5degrees, so it's not really a curling move

If not the biceps then what muscles are used?

Any idea who this gymnast is, lads?

looks like shoulders are rotating, so deltoids?

that might be a shopped photo or he's just a random dude

>no mention of hollow back press

No, pistol squats are

-balance
-flexibility
-strength

Then working it up to one legged shrimp squats once you've mastered pistol squats with progressively higher offset

>pistol squats
>chest, back arms workout

go to bed breh

Yes, I am currently putting a lot of work into bench press, overhead press, and pull downs with the hope of one day being able to do one arm push-ups, handstand push-ups, and one arm pull-ups.

For most, these three will just be "performance" and not training. You must use strength progressive overload and technical training to get to this level.

One arm push-up inspiration:

youtu.be/ZSlNs_v8Krg

As other user said I don't think I've seen these done without kipping.

One arm lever pull up I think can be done with good form. Like a reverse hefesto.