Anyone else here a college athlete? Seems like literally everyone here just bodybuilds

Anyone else here a college athlete? Seems like literally everyone here just bodybuilds.

Yeah I'm a qb.

what division? I'm d3 soccer

SEC

>d3
Is that like rec league?

lol no we're one of the best teams in my state so no. Any d3 team is pretty good.

I assume its like club sports where you just get shitfaced before every game and have parties with the girls teams on weekends

Can you peg Nick Saban in the head one day? Any way you can is fine. I will forever be in debt to you if you complete this side quest for me.

We already played them. Maybe I'll get a chance next year I'm gonna be starting again.

>Trips
Kek will be with you that day.

>one of the best
>in my state
lol

sure..

nope we actually take it seriously contrary to popular belief but we still party on the weekends after games

I used to play college basketball now I'm in the NBA. Shit's cash.

I'm a 7k carry player on my college's dota pro team.

I used to play college ball

...I'm in Virginia which has a lot of schools and that's actually pretty good. You obviously don't play college sports so your opinion doesn't matter anyway

lightweight rowing (technically varsity, but d3 school so probably more similar to club than the big schools), fucks with my gains a little bit unfortunately, but it's pretty fun. im bretty bad socially too so an automatic friend group of those type of guys is great

Nanomachines son

BSJ it's time to get off Veeky Forums and get back to learning monkey king before he gets nerfed

I row at Gonzaga.

Lmao. D3 is shit m8 admit it.

It's competitive sports for athletes who aren't going anywhere after college. One step above a club team. No one watches the games.

Too late

>Maybe I'll get a chance next year
don't think so
roll tide

He lives in the next neighborhood over from mine.
He was giving out Snickers bars for halloween

kek

dotabuff pls

D1 XC and Track

>skelly mode

WHICH TEAM

How do you become an athlete post school?

I like going to the gym, but I want to start putting my energy and work ethic towards something, but I'm not in school anymore.

I was thinking of taking up rock climbing or parkour, but a team sport might help my social gains too.

go to a YMCA and find the group of dudes playing basketball; join a softball league etc

What school?

I do indoor and outdoor track at WVU

Yeah for some prissy Ivy League College!

Rugby flanker for my uni men's club, I gotta do more cardio tbhfam

I do crew

I'm the coxswain

sure i played some ball

Anyone play rugby here?

Backs don't count

you misspelled "manlet"

TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, COULDA GONE PRO IF I HADNT JOINED THE NAVY

oh shit me too senpai. what school? Columbia here

GCHS? If so, Christian Tabash is a god.

had no idea i would see this many 4channers involved with rowing lol

I wrestle at the division I level

pretty much, d3 is like a half step above club teams lol

D3 is literally shit stop kidding yourself and enjoy your hobby. There are plenty of highschool girls teams that will put you in your place.

DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR

I play lower division college basketball. Like, only slightly better than high school desu.

>girls put you in your place

KEK if this happens kill yourself.

Third division high school team wiped the floor with the premiership women's team for my district
Women can't compete with casual men playing let alone look like beating them

confirmed for not knowing shit about college sports.

>club

eurofag here. does going to a D1 school automatically mean you're getting a degree from a reputable uni ie a good quality degree and why would someone go D1 surely you won't have enough time to study adequately to get a high GPA

I played for the rugby club at my college. We had the decency to wait until AFTER the matches to get drunk.

We were also probably among the best all around athletes on campus. Only the actual football players were decidedly better. Swimmers were usually small and weak (though a couple gained some weight and joined the rugby club when their swimming eligibility ran out), basketball players are all cookiepuss faggots, soccer players were basically rugby players who cried instead of lifting.

Oh god. When I joined my college's club, they put me at winger because I was 190 lbs and had never played football before. Then they realized I wasn't as fast, but was considerably stronger and better at tackling than I looked (thanks, SS), AND I gained 20 lbs over the winter break because I was sick of running back line plays all goddamn practice and wanted to play forward.

They originally moved me to flanker. That was a bad idea. Not enough cardio, and about zero clue as to what I was doing because we hardly ever had a full team at practice in order to work on position specific things like that.

THEN I got to play hooker, and was much better at that.

>Backs don't count

Neither do League or 7s players. Union forwards only.

Any advice for someone think of joining the rugby society?

5 months into SS
BW 92KG
SQ 110KG
Dead 130KG

what position should i train for?

Linn?

Depends what kinda position you want to play.
Are you fast/agile?
Are you strong and wanna make big tackles?
I'm 6'5 220ish and play second row so my height gave me an advantage especially as I started at 20.

Leaugue is shit tier. Backs are pretty boy soccer players

D1 is mainstream sports league,
I'm pretty sure University of Kentucky is in that, and the only reason people go there is for sports / dumbasses

Cat 4 Cyclist and a recreational rower.

Watching my strength wither as all my winter training is beefing up my lungs and quads ;_;

Ive bulked up from 78-92, but I was quite quick originally. I feel like with my height (6'1) and weight I could play a forward, but I haven't learnt to tackle correctly.

I've played winger before mainly as a 'strong' winger instead of a 'speedy' winger. Just asking if there is a possibility of me transitioning to a forward, but I haven't learnt to tackle yet.

But why risk injury/getting a shitty degree/barely being able to afford food (I did some googly) just to play for 3 years?

Surely going D2 is the best mix

do you not know what scholarships are?
You play a sport for the school's team, you get your tuition paid for by the school

Surely you get the same at D2/D3?

yeah, but sometimes you'd want to play on winning teams, sometimes the college you're playing for is pretty reputable like UCLA or something

Final Q; are top school like Harvard/Princton D1 schools?

Ok so you've played before and obviously know the positions.
Just join your club and start at a lower grade and work your way up.

lol

I do cheer, 6'5" 230lb
It's fucked both my shoulders though
(pic not me but you get the idea)

d3 athletes don't get scholarships, and d2 schools are mostly shit academically

totally not worth it, shit degree, shit gpa, who the fuck cares what your sport is good luck getting a job out of school unless your STEM.

do you get to fuck the flyers?

totally not true, d3 get's scholarships all the time.

wtf is the point of shitty schools unless youre getting a full ride to a STEM degree. Or you're super smaht and going to grad school

yeah, some aid may find its way to them in some form, but division 3 schools are not allowed to offer "athletic scholarships" (unless things have changed).

and you will never see a d3 athlete get a full ride like they do at d1

I wish, we get cucked by FB/BB, they fuck the flyers while we're pretty much the girls' handlers/accessories.
Every game/event/charity/appearance, people only want to see the girls, only time we're needed is for stunting/throwing them, and acting as bodyguards against the drunk frat fuckboys.

I'm not complaining, I mean 'hot college cheerleader' is prime market pussy, of course the top athletes are going to scoop them up, and we get to fuck all the thirsty hot normies so it all works out.

>D3 is literally shit stop kidding yourself and enjoy your hobby.
In many cases, not true. I knew a few kids who chose D3 over D1 scholarships. I didn't get any scholarship offers because I was injury-prone, but I got a lot of D1 attention. I did it for a year and then transferred to a D3 school because it was taking up too much of my life and preventing me from doing the major I wanted.

ITT: Lots of salty no-talents here trying to trash people for not being as good as pre-professional athletes.

Nope, that's very explicitly banned by the NCAA. However, schools can to some extent factor a kid's athletic ability into their "favorability" as an extracurricular or something, so that kid can get preference for financial aid if they actually need it (and if the school isn't already need-blind and full-need).

I wish people around here learned how to work a search engine.

I ran D1 and D3 XC and track & field.

>Surely going D2 is the best mix
What benefit are you suggesting a D2 school has?

I'm guessing its not as competitive/intense allowing you more free time to actually enjoy being in university or free time to work or spend it how you wish

Yeah, it can be as competitive as you want it to be, but:

* your coaches' jobs do not depend on your performance, so they won't hound you or overtrain you as much
* you can take any class or major you want at any time with no friction
* the school will probably make it clear to your coaches that your life is not to be dictated by your sport

I went to a small "elite" liberal arts school. This stuff is likely at least somewhat different at less academic D3 schools with super intense programs. My team was very good, but it was cross country and therefore naturally more academics-friendly.

Oh, wait. When writing I thought you were asking about D3 programs.

In short: no. If they're paying you to compete (i.e. gave you a scholarship), you damn well better compete and compete well. The division doesn't matter much in that regard.

With all due respect, you don't seem to know what your talking about, so I don't know why you're arguing with that other guy so aggressively.

*when writing

I wasn't arguing at all i was trying to understand the university divisions and why they are seen as such a big deal. In the UK sports are seen as something you would do for fun after lectures or just to keep fit.

Basketball at a small d1 school then xfered to a d2, mainly for education tho