>rippetoe
>art of manliness

lmao cuck city

make sure you never look like you lift

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_l79Xtf4bg
youtube.com/watch?v=6UVMFrik_WQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He only says that because he's a short fat little manlet who couldnt hop if his life depended on it. I mean I guess he's right in a sense his fatness is his genetic failure and holding him back from jumping higher.

this

there are manlets like clarence that can dunk

im just confused why rip says explosiveness cannot be trained, then he says the power clean is a exercise of explosiveness, and then proceeds to teach it all in the same video. no troll me pls explain

hes an idiot

so which part is he wrong about?

its either
A) power cannot be trained and i should not bother with cleans
B) power can be trained, every athletic vertical jump test is flawed, and i should learn cleans

>why bother training the power clean then?
it's used to display power. not develop it

He means that every person has a certain amount of fast muscle fibers. You can't increase the amount of them. Its in your genetics, how explosive you are (how many of these fibers you have (how many you can active in a short burst of time). But you can increase the size of these fibers by training, which makes them stronger. Also training is learning, you learn how to move and use all your muscles effectively.

Explosiveness definitely has a lower genetic ceiling for the majority of people than strength or endurance, but it can be trained just like anything else

That's bullshit. You don't naturally know how to use your lower body explosively, that's why you train how to do it in every sport. You don't naturally have a well trained CNS to fire those muscle fibers rapidly and together, that's why everyone who does power cleans for the first times are slow, even with good coaching.

If you want to be explosive, you have to practice it.

you can't. get over it

so why would i want to LEARN to display power? you are saying if i dont learn how to display power, i will have a lesser amount of it. that means if i keep doing it, i will have more. is that not the same as developing it? you are weak and you do it many times and you are strong. wtf?

Thats kind of the point. If Rippetoe would lose weight, his vertical would go up, but his explosiveness would stay the same.

>so why would i want to LEARN to display power?

so you can display it. Perhaps you want to do OWL or perhaps you play contact sports......think nigga! THINK!

Well yes its fucking stupid and Rippletits is giving everybody the wrong image.

Think about strength. What are noob gains? The reason everyone has a great progress at the beginning is CNS adaptations, you learn to use strength. One could say that "you don't get stronger, you just learn to display it", since humans have the ability to lift stones, but our CNS doesn't allow it.

that greentext is taken out of context of my whole post. i am saying theres no difference between "learning to display power" and "developing power".

both of them are the same. you are weak, you keep doing the thing, you are now stronger. so that user wasnt making sense

Thats true. YOu cant train it. You can gain a few inches through strength training, but you cant take a 15inch vertical jum and turn it into a 35+ inch vertical jum. it wont happen.

>He means that every person has a certain amount of fast muscle fibers

No he doesnt. Its your nervous system that determines how explosive you are.
The peopel with the highest %of fast twitch muscle fibers are sedentary people.

The powerclean is to learn to display the power you got from your strength. So it gives more of a carry over.

>you are weak, you keep doing the thing, you are now stronger

strength =/= power placement

>No he doesnt. Its your nervous system that determines how explosive you are.
Doesn't make any sense, because you can train your CNS but not the amount of fast muscle fibers. The more you have those fibers, the more adaptations you can make in your CNS. Something like jumping doesn't require much strength (CNS) but is a great test of your genetic ability (fast muscle fibers), which is why its a great test for athletes.

Its a common thing for coaches to look our for people who are better suited for endurance or explosive sports depending on their dominant muscle fiber type.

you are contradicting yourself exactly like rippetoe, i think.

first you say you cant train it, then you say you have to learn to display it. that is training. because if you didnt train, you cant display it. the more you train, the more you display. so what exactly do you mean?

can you stop trying to dig so deep.

you have to learn the movement.

you can't train to develop more power

end of story

im not trying to dig deep, im just trying to understand wtf i should do this for since rippetoe CLEARLY SAID you cant train it so why tf am i doing it?

if i told you that you cant train telekinesis because it doesnt exist and then i promptly showed you spoon bending mind exercises would you not question?

>tfw too intelligent to lift

yeah, well WHY do i have to learn the movement if i CANT develop more power? can you answer that simple question?

You have already answered your own question.

Strong person = has the potential for power

Power clean = training your CNS to use that power

So that you can effectively use the power you already have and for the fast movements to be on par with the slow movements like squat.

Just like men generally have a CNS thats able to fire muscle better and faster than women, some people are better at it than others. Just because of genetics.

No matter how strong the 15 inch vertical jump guy is gonna get he will NEVER beat an untrained guy with 30+ inch vertical in jumping.
Fast twitch muscle is a small factor, but like i said. Sedentary people have the highest amount of fast twitch fibers, yet, none of them are breaking speed records.

You can get a little more "explosive" by increasing your strength as your bodyweight will become a smaller factor as your strength rises. The powerclean is in the program to make you better at using what you already got and give your strength a better carryover to your jumps and fast moves.

Skill is also a small factor in jumping, but it wont give you a lot.

Its stupid to say
>to make you better at using what you already got
I bet it sounds good to slow strength "athletes". But no, you don't have it, if you can't display it.

Call it training or "learning to display", but you are not explosive if you don't move and perform explosively. If you were right, it would be easy for powerlifters to transfer to explosive sports, but for some reason they happen to be be slow..

gotta learn to read before you can write brah

You just took that completely out of context.
The TL;DR version of what im saying is. Explosiveness is mostly genetics.

Im agreeing with you and saying the same thing, yet you argue like im saying slow people can become quick.

so whats the point of training explosiveness by doing power cleans if its all genetics?

Well have you ever played sports? Can you explain why at my gym the guys who have done oly lifting for +5 years move so fucking fast compared to others. It can't be just genetics, since i know i am getting faster and more explosive all the time. But its just crazy how fast those guys are. I don't really care if its training or learning, because i just want to get better

youtube.com/watch?v=n_l79Xtf4bg

Are you even reading what im writing?

The biggest component of explosiveness is genetics. Then you have other factors like skill and strength. Which ALSO affects your esplosiveness

For your strength to miximally carry over to fast movements you need to practice fast movements. Power clean fullfill this role. This DOES NOT mean you will double your vertical jump. But it will maximize your potential.

Strength training and practice of fast movements is required for anyone to reach their genetic limit. Even for very explosive people.

This makes me feel so bad. I never had any desire to be a professional athlete or anything but just knowing some skinnyfat piece of shit sitting in his house is more explosive than me really grinds my gears.

Those people in your gym are probably in the upper end of explosive in the normal population. I dont know. I havent seen or met them.

Pluss when it comes to weightlifting, experience and skill will make them look faster in those movements.

And you will clearly see the difference when you compare normal people with a genetic freak. Where they will have the same speed or do it faster at their 1 RM Than most people do in their warm up sets.

And one of the guys in your video is known for being a very quick lifter. youtube.com/watch?v=6UVMFrik_WQ

A.) He's right.

B.) Power cleans and olympic lifting in general help develop speed strength, not explosiveness.

C.) I fucked you're bitch, pussy.