Day 2:Chest, biceps, forearms
Bench- 2x5 1xfa
EZ Barbell curl-3x10
Palm down EZ barbell curl- 3x10
Hammer curls- 3x10 (per arm)
Wrist curls- 3x10 (per arm)
Palm down wrist curl- 3x10 (per arm)
Preacher curls- 3x10
Chest flies- 3x10 (neutral, incline, decline)
Bent arm dumbbell pullovers- 3x10

Rest/cardio

Day 3:Quads, abs
Squats- 2x5 1xfa
Front squat 1x5
Leg extensions- 3x10
Dumbbell Lunges- 3x10
Landmine 180s- 3x10
Crunches- 3xfa
Knee raises- 3xfa
Barbell ab rollouts- 3xfa
Barbell side bends- 3x10

Day 4:Shoulders, triceps
OHP- 2x5 1xfa
Lateral raises- 3x10
Front raise- 3x10
Reverse flies- 3x10
Car drivers- 3x30seconds
Closed pushups- 3xfa
Incline tricep extension- 3x10
EZ bar skullcrushers- 3x10

Rest/cardio

Day 5:Hamstrings, calves
Deadlift- 2x5, 1xfa
Natural glute ham raise- 3x10
Hamstring curls- 3x10
Dumbbell calf raises- 3x10
Dumbbell seated calf raises- 3x10
Glute thrusts- 3x10
Glute kickbacks- 3x10 (each leg)

Every day do the following (to ease soreness and assist in pullup progression):
Pullups- 3xfa
Pushups- 3x15
Crunches- 3x20
Bodyweight squats- 3x20

I need a good end of day stretching routine as well. Thoughts?

bad

Everyday:
Squat

Squat 3x5
Bench press 3x5 / OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5 / Barbell rows 3x5
Weighted chinup 3x8 / Weighted dips 3x8
Weighted situps 3x15 / Leg raises 3xF

intermediate strength levels, I've been doing push&pull before, but decided to check if a strength routine will work better for strength and mass

But why is it bad?

>decided to check if a strength routine will work better for strength
An interesting experiment, indeed.

Don't really need a day for abs I don't think.
You'd probably be better off doing like 3 sets of abs after your workout every so often
I do between 3-5 sets of abs every other day and I workout mon-sat

So what's your recommendation for that day? I want to fill that empty space with something.
I will probably do more ab work throughout the week now that we are talking about it though.

>3 row variations
>pull-ups and chin-ups
>all on the same day
>just 3 sets of bench a week, 3 sets of flys
> 6 FUCKING CURL VARIATIONS

Wtf are you doing man

I feel like the best bodybuilders don't feel like they absolutely must stick to a set routine and follow it every single day and every week
You have a lot of lifts that you want to do so suggesting a PPL might seem weird because you're gonna be going Rich Piana 8 hour workout mode.
Instead, go for a PPL - get the big compounds in every time and then switch up the other lifts you want to do when you feel like doing them.
You don't have to do every type of curl every week on 1 arm day, but you can get a good variety on by doing different ones on your pull days. See what I mean?

Are you on steroids?

I do this PPL I found on reddit.
I've been doing it for 6 months, ready to try something else. Btw, its PPLPPLrest

Monday:
1h15min cycling
3x15 Lat pull
3x15 barbell OHP
3x(sit-ups, push ups, plank, sideplank)
15min jumping rope (short breaks included)
15min rowing

Tuesday:
long run (1h-1h15min)
2x(sit-ups, push ups, plank, sideplank)

Wednesday:
1h15min cycling
3x12-8 bench
3x12-8 Lat pull
3x12-8 barbell OHP
15min jumping rope
15min rowing

Thursday:
intervall training on track (e.g. today: 6x800m)
in total ~8km running

Friday:
2h cycling
15min jumping rope

Saturday:
rest

Sunday:
2-3h cycling
1h30min swimming

how strong are you ? intermediate level already ?

day 1: dl 3x5
squat 3x5
bp 3x5
ohp 3x12
barbell row 3x5

day 2: dl 3x5
squat 3x5
bp 3x5
ohp 3x12
barbell row 3x5

day 3: dl 3x5
squat 3x5
bp 3x5
ohp 3x12
barbell row 3x5
day 4: dl 3x5
squat 3x5
bp 3x5
ohp 3x12
barbell row 3x5
day 5: dl 3x5
squat 3x5
bp 3x5
ohp 3x12
barbell row 3x5

the overhead press I just do for fun though. Sometimes I do barbell curls and chinups and pullups. Rate.

I'd say. Squat 225 DL 325 Bench 180 OHP 110. I can't make gains on OHP for the life of me. I'm 5'11" 185lbs. I know, I'm a fat ass, but at least I'm doing something

idiotic

Low frequency and unnecessarily high volume.

>intermediate
>sub BW bench

Maybe someone who weighs 160 would be intermediate with your numbers but certainly not someone who weighs 185.

Keep it simple u cunt.
Squat, ohp and row to daily 1 rep max everyday and eat a fuck ton of food. Get strong as faurk at 1-3 movements and then pick some other movements.

how so? I only have access to a barbell and squat rack but this is pretty much all you need unless you want to make your legs especially massive, but who wants that?

Squat 3x5
RDL 3x5
One arm push press 3x5+/5+
One arm row 3x5+/5+
Kettlebell swing 2x30

Nigger are you pretending to be stupid or just practicing?

why do people do 1 set of deads? Is this a meme?

Idk I tried it and lost all my glute ham gains from doing RDLS

You warm up, do a couple of moderately heavy not-exactly-warmup-but-not-work-sets-either, and then a final ball-busting work-set. This one should drain you to the point where you can hardly stand up, let alone do 4 more sets.

5 pounds off nigga give me a break.

Assuming those are 5RM and not 1RM
>barely intermediate bench
>novice squat close to int
>intermediate DL
>novice OHP close to int

Do SS/SL for a bit until you hit intermediate (assuming those are 5RM shouldnt take you long if those are 1RM maybe a bit longer). From there you can choose what you want to do I guess something like German Volume Training is nice although I've never done it myself. If you want to get even stronger Madcow or Texas Method is good. My personal favorite is Canditos 6 Week Strength Program since you can modify it in a way that it is a good program for strength and size (atleast for me personally). Might have slightly slower progression than Madcow/Texas Method but like I said it is a great program.

r8 me Veeky Forums

PPxPPLx

Pull
Dead lift 6x4-8
Rowing machine 3x8-12
Lat pulldown 3x6
Behind neck lat pulldown 3x6
Hammer curl 3x8-12
Bicep curl 3x8-12
EZ bar curl 3x8-12

Push
Incline bench 3x8-12
dumbbell chest flies 3x8-12
Bench press 3x8-12
Standing OHP 3x6
standing behind the neck OHP 3x6
Shoulder flies 3x8-12
Arnold press 3x8-12
Tricep pushdown pulley thing 3x8-12
Standing dumbbel pullover 3x8-12

Legs + Abs
Squat 6x4-8
Leg curl machine 3x8-12
leg extension machine 3x8-12
calf raises 4x10
Decline sit ups 3x15
Plank 1:00min+
Torso rotation machine 3x15 each side
some times ill add pushups and pullups on this day.

you are wasting a lot of time in the gym but if you like it it's fine I guess. You could easily remove 2 of those 3 curl variations and probably half those presses/flying movements as well. Also 6 sets of Deadlifts is gonna take you FOREVER unless you move bitchweight and have short rest intervals.

By the time you hit intermediate/proficient level on the basic lifts you should basically have an idea of what routine you want.

It should be built around
>What barbell lifts do I want to be good at
>What calisthenics do I want to be able to do
>What muscle groups/aesthetics do I care more about
>How do I incorporate all of this into a routine that effectively cares for my whole body?

Once you get to intermediate/proficient you will have a decent understanding of how to
>research form for different lifts
>adjust programming for specific strength goals
>Eat properly

It's immersing yourself in the fundamentals so that you are prepared for more advanced goals.

really? the most ive spent is about an hour and 20 minutes on average it takes me an hour

stats ?

It's PPL not PP, do PPLxPPLx or PPLPPLx
Don't need 3 curls per day, pick 2 and then rotate them each session. Also I'd recommend fewer sets for diddly's, e.g. 5x5, but that's just me if you're hitting the weight you want then you do you.
Same with push, mix up flat and incline on a session basis instead of doing it all in one day.
Legs and abs are pretty good and if it works for you then cool, abs can be worked more often like every other day which is the only thing I'd say to that and since you're currently doing legs once per week progress might be slower - if it works though good stuff.
Generally, my personal rule of thumb is 5x5 for big compounds, dl, bench, squat and ohp then 5x8 for everything else.

only been lifting for a little over 6 months but,

OHP 95lbs
Bench 155 lbs
Squat 185 lbs
Deadlift 275 lbs

i used to workout legs twice a week, but i find leg day boring and opted for once only. I should probably go back to twice

Basically, I'm doing GSLP but I do some more alternations, like both back and front squats or alternating hammer curls and BB curls. It's more fun with the variation, and I figure my muscles don't get used to the same excercises since I try to hit the same ones but in different ways. Still make sure I progress, though. Thoughts?

MON
Standing OH Press / Bench Press (alternating)
Back Squat
Bent Over Rows / T-Bar Rows (alternating)
Incl. DB Bench / Seated DB Press (alternating)

WED
Deadlifts
Chin-ups
Tricep Cable Pushdowns / Skullcrushers (alternating)

FRI
Front Squat
Barbell curls / Hammer Curls
V-handle Pulldowns / Wide-grip Pulldowns (alternating)

mixing on a session basis sounds good, ill try that out. ty user

Well who doesn't, it's ok if you find your legs are getting ahead but you don't wanna end up a leglet and be mocked on Veeky Forums now do you

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
BOR 5x5
Dips 3 x F

Deads 3 x 5
OHP 5 x 5
Pull Ups 5 x F
Curls 3 x F

One on/one off. Never take a weekend off

what do you do on the days you skip leg day, is it another rest day?

Yeah it can be like PPxPPLx that'd be ok, but I personally don't skip leg day so I couldn't say friendo

Doing almost the same, with a shitton of accessories/isolation thrown in here and there. So far I like it, can't talk about effectiveness because just started with this.

Personally I found that cutting back a bit on accessories let me lift more on the mains. 4-5 different excercises per session, tops. I do abs on cardio days, though, and throw in some neck and wrist work sometimes, that I don't count to the work-out proper.

Day1
-90 minute walk
-squats
Day2
-90 minute walk
Day3
-90 minute walk
-overhead press
Day4
-90 minute walk
Day5
-90 minute walk
-deadlifts
Day6
-90 minute walk

10/10

You are hitting just one muscle group per week and you have to much exercises 6-8 is optimal.
Try to orgnaize your plan in PPL and do it 6 times a week (Push, Pull, Legs, then Pull Push Legs etc)

Legit one of the best routines I've ever seen.

I think you could progress way faster with a more minimalistic program. I mean on your 4th pressing movement of the day how intense can you really make it at that point ? As a beginner it is better to do less exercises but go all out and add weight to the bar constantly. You should be adding about 5lbs every workout at your stage.

I add weight after each set If I can manage it. But I will change to something more minimalistic and with different sessions. I'm considering doing Pull A/B and Press A/B days

*braces self*