Hey Veeky Forums, doyou think a limited tobacco consumption hinders your performance and totally fucks up your life?

hey Veeky Forums, doyou think a limited tobacco consumption hinders your performance and totally fucks up your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3878772/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why even do it

I don't know man I took one gay, one thing let to another and now I'm talking to you so you tell me

style and flavor

>working out to get fit and healthy
>but at the same time poisoning your body with tobacco

do you know that its poisoning if it's really moderated?
don't you drink a pint or two?

>don't you drink a pint or two?
Never aquired a taste for alcohol. It always seemed strange to me.
>tasted beer and wine when i was younger
>didn't like it
>turn 18 and can legally buy alcohol
>didn't care
>everyone else around me who turned 18
>fuck yeah time to get drunk

To be honest, even a limited cocaine consumption won't hinder your performance or fuck up your life.
Just make sure it stays limited.

alcohol isn't supposed to be tasty, it's supposed to fuck your shit up. If it becomes tasty then you got a problem

Occasional pipe or cigar-smoking has fewer adverse effects (since you do it more rarely and don't inhale the smoke) than smoking cigarettes, and the relaxing aspect of the whole ritual is actually healthy. Picked up pipe-smoking when my depression was really bad; there's a meditative aspect to it that really calms you down, but unlike real meditation you're also enjoying something and giving yourself a treat. I smoke once a week, tops, usually a sweet Southern blend.

Not always a problem. You start with drinks which are more easy to get used to then you start enjoying god beers, red wine, champagne. Whatever it is and eventually the taste of straight vodka is OK. Not good but its not a bother. Like getting used to olives etc. Atleast thats how it was for me.

>If it becomes tasty then you got a problem
>tfw I can drink sljivovica directly from the bottle and find it delicious while even the biggest boozehound I know can hardly swallow a single sip

>Occasional pipe or cigar-smoking has fewer adverse effects (since you do it more rarely and don't inhale the smoke)
>don't inhale the smoke
How does that work?

That's how pipes and cigars have always been. You hold he smoke in your mouth, not inhale like a cigarette.

Yeah, the goal is to enjoy the flavour, and you have no taste receptors in your throat or lungs. You just do the classical "puff" to get some smoke in your mouth.

Overdoing it can still carry the risk of cancer in the mouth or tounge, but an occiasional smoke will only lower cortisol and might even slightly raise test.

Hey bud enjoy your vacation from school. I think it's really neat you like Veeky Forums but there's better ways to spend Christmas break.

Nicotine is a poison.
Smoking of any kind does nothing but harm.
You're self-destructive if you do it.
You can't claim to be Veeky Forums or 'fit' for that matter if you smoke.

Don't listen to the smokerfags, they're either trolling you into fucking up, or are so thoroughly addicted to their filthy self-destructive habit that they've rationalized the fuck out of it and won't ever admit it's anything but OK to do.

Nicotine is absorbed into your bloodstream through your mouth.

that shit is nasty mang

Whattabout weed muh mang?

I was wondering how you got the smoke into your mouth without inhaling, but this guy answered it.
>You just do the classical "puff" to get some smoke in your mouth.

Serb here
Any type of rakija is like water to me, while people around me start breathing fire.
I was in Istra this summer, I outdrank everysingle Croat and tourist in a cafe bellow my apartment.
Good thing is I don't drink often.

Hehe hrvati su pizde... I rarely drink, but it's like my body gains ancestral strenght when drinking rakija specifically.

>tfw recently gifted uskladistena domaca s granama duda...

Cigar smoker here.
Usually robustos every 2/weeks or 1m or so.
Got picrelated lined up for my nephew's birth in Feb.

What I see in the cigar world is that most people don't smoke nearly as often as cigarette users do. Cigars also don't have all the chemicals/stuff.

zyzz smoked

Can a smoke a pipe in public without looking like a vaper*100?

Nicotine dispite common belief does in fact have benefits. it increases heart rate, muscle blood flow and also has a positive effect in cognitive function.

Of course smoking tobacco isn't worth the effects on the respiratory system but using snuff and such eliminates such damage to the throat, mouth and lungs. You are still at an increased risk of cancers relating to the transport method. For snuff this is nasal cancer.

"Muendel et al. found a 17% improvement in time to exhaustion after nicotine patch application compared to a placebo without affecting cardiovascular and respiratory parameters or substrate metabolism. In this sense, nicotine seems to exert similar effects as caffeine by delaying the development of central fatigue as impaired central drive is an important factor contributing to fatigue during exercise."

"Nicotine activates the sympathoadrenal system, which leads to increased heart rate, contractility, vasoconstriction and a rise in blood pressure and the level of circulating catecholamines during light exercise. Nicotine also increases muscle blood flow and lipolysis due to enhanced circulating levels of norepinephrine and epinephrine as well as direct action on nicotinic cholinergic receptors in adipose tissue. The effects exerted by nicotine may be beneficial in a wide variety of sports and it is suggested that nicotine is abused by athletes "

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3878772/

What mode is this?

zyzz died in a fucking sauna, you don't transcend to valhalla from dying in a sauna

the buzz man

shit's so nice

My friends and I smoke a Pepin Garcia or Rocky Patel once a week on my back porch.
Like said occasional enjoyment is not going to do anything to you. I've made the best gains of my life the past few months all while regularly enjoying cigars.

short answer, yes, it will.

i bet you have heard of the moderation-fags that are like "i only smoke when i drink" or even the i wont get cancer fags "muh grandpa lived to 90 and smoked everyday".

the addiction starts through moderation, i don't know ANYONE that buys their first pack of smokes and smokes all 20 in a day (assuming they haven't smoked before). it really does stem from bumming that first ciggy.

and to those grandpas that lived to 90, i can show you 1,000 more grandpas that DIDN'T live to 90 or are 55 and have a tube down their throat.

pipe/cigar smoking once or twice a week won't do anything

hell you can go months without either and not feel anything, it's not like a cigarette in that respect

Started smoking in august when in class for my Navy A school.. now im approaching a pack a day.. feels bad

The worst thing about smoking is you know it's killing you. I wake up every morning, slam a shake and work out in my gym but then I have a dart. I am a fucking moron.

It's practically fucking retarded, I'm paying money to kill myself. I have nothing to show for it and it costs a packet. But every time I try an quit, I get a few months in and then I cave because I'm a weak filled faggot who can't say no when I'm out and about.

When that anxiety hits or the anger comes, I don't reach for valium or wine, I want a dart and until I have it; I'm a total cunt. I'm not about to start vaping, I don't care if people claim it's healthier; you attract attention to yourself and you look like a fucking autist sucking an electronic cock all day.

I only have one regret in my admittedly short life thus far and that's taking a dart from my old man at fifteen. I'd strangle the fuck if he wasn't already dead. The tablets, patches, sprays, gum and lozenges do absolutely fuck all for me. Cold turkey with seroquel is the only way I can actually get off it and that's by putting myself down for a week.

Fuck addiction and fuck smoking and fuck me for ever lighting a smoke like the colossal fuckwitt I am. Fuck.

Smoking a pipe infrequently will not hamper you in the least, it's probably the best form of using tobacco. Also checked

This.
All benefits of a cigarette minus the guilt.
Plus it tastes better.

>basing your life on a single opinion on an online forum notoriously known for unfit people giving advise about fitness

can you inhale a cigar like a robusto? Or is it ill-advised?

I mean, you can.
But it wont be enjoyable, even cig smokers can have trouble inhaling cigar.
Plus more nicotine and no lung damage when just held in the mouth.

>implying I dont lift for sloots

Why don't you just quit?