High protein foods you might not have known about thread

mfw I learn that almonds have 21 g of protein in 100g

post other foods people might not know about or your recent findings here

so that's what an activated almond looks like

vegemite is like 60% protein haha
a jar of it is 200g of protein

100g of almonds is nearly 600 calories, not exactly a very efficient source of protein if you're on a cut

Higher than spinach per100 g. Really help me to reach macros

lentils have 25g and less kcal than almonds.

Forgot pic

>not having 3/4 of a jar of vegemite spread over 4 pieces of toast every morning

>576 kcal for 21 grams protons

Yeah I'll pass.

> lentils

tasty, full of proteins, but I can't eat too much of that, I get feeling stuffed rather quickly

damn, really nice macros and micros
I wish this stuff wasn't crazy expensive here in Brazil

bump

The treats my cat gets have 44% protein

It's bulking season brah

>21g protein per 600 calories

yeah boy, you sure educated me you RETARDED FUCK

>tfw don't have Vegemite in my cunt

What does it even taste like?

I heard bean sprouts are good

Pumpkin seeds.

It tastes a bit like pussy, or fish like, it's fermented, a bit savoury.

Seitan. Just finished making a honeyglazed "ham" from it, it was delish. 75% protein in the dry stuff.

Timeconsuming to make it from scratch but damn worth it.

underrated first post

I just discovered steak. I wish someone had told me about this before.

ribeye
0 carbs
69g protein
lil bit of fat, but I won't post the actual number. it's not a lot of fat, trust me I would tell you if it was a lot of fat and something to be concerned about, but it's not. really don't worry about the fat it's not that much.

good shit

I'm not going to waste 600 kcal on fucking almonds. I'll bulk on something actually appealing.

Why not just, you know, actually have ham instead of a shitty substitute?

Kek

Eggnog has about 10 grams of protein per cup. More than milk.
>gallon of eggnog a day

meat?

why dont you look up what seitan is before dismissing it as a shitty substitute? it has less fat, cholesterol and is overall better for you. also look up how much protein is in it compared to ham before doing your vegan protein meme

>120 grams of protons for 80 cents (1kg flour)
>Tastes good pan fried with some curry.

But kinda worried for unbalancing my aminoacids with so much gluten or become intolerant

Salty coins

Plenty of people dislike it because they eat it wrong

>Dat vegimite and peanut butter combo

Gotta get the right brand though. I got some gourmet brand and it was like 400 calories a cup only 4 grams of protein

All the protein in seitan is gluten?

I've heard a ribeye steak is part of the "meat" family despite it's appearance resembling a vegetable.

It's a shitty substitute because fake meat never tastes similar. I wasn't speaking of the macros.

>thinking fat and cholestrol is bad
>thinking gluten is anywhere near meat protein

Oh, you're just a vegan memer. Should have realized that sooner when you had Seiten instead of ham.

Like the other poster said, more protein, less fat and also it's, you know, different. Nice to shake things up a bit in the kitchen sometimes.

Vegans can't eat meat, but meat-eaters can eat 'vegan' foods. Yes, seitan is popular among vegans. It's also healthy, versitile and tasty when made right (you're right, not like meat, which is what makes it interesting). There's no reason not to eat both seitan and meat if you're an omnivore. Don't make this about veganism, no-one mentioned it, and in fact the original seitan-poster mentioned honeyglazing his seitain making it not vegan.

I have some BCAA when I eat it, or if I make it in bulk I just literally add some BCAA powder or just some leucine to the mix. Also I don't overdo it, but it's a nice treat sometimes. Both taste and texture can vary so much and it keeps longer than meat (the dry gluten at least).

>more protein

More incomplete protein with bad bioavailability and possible gastrointestinal issues. If you want more protein then just glaze a fucking roast.

>no reason not to eat Seiten if you're an omnivore

Aside from cost, inferior protein quality, taste, texture, etc.

Chicken.

>incomplete protein
add stuff to it (cooked beans or lentils make for a better texture anyway), or literally but a scoop of BCAA in the mix
>cost
way cheaper than meat
>inferior protein quality
just eat more of it, or eat it WITH meat, you don't have to chose here...
>taste, texture,
are subjective, I happen to like it.

Jesus Christ, this board... you're actually acting like there's a choice between two mutually exclusive options. You're an omnivore, "omni" means "everything", you can literally have it all. Veggies, beans, lentils, tofu, seitan, beef, chicken, tuna, you name it. Why not try something new given that this is the thread where we discuss new protein sources?

bUmPiNg

Because meat is better in every possible way and I don't need to try your faggy hippy garbage when REAL MEN eat meat. Low test betas like yourself eat seitan.

Fag

Or literally eat meat, dairy, or eggs instead.

>cheaper

Kek.

>you don't have to choose

Why even bother with a vegan meme food anyways? Making a meat substitute meal as an omnivore is retarded when the substitute is worsening every metric. If you were talking legumes and grains or something you would have a point, but making a seitan ham is stupid for anyone. Just have a normal meal with some bresf you dipshit. This is as retarded as people pushing that nasty as algae "food" derivative as part of a balanced diet.

I have tried it, it's shit. Even though soy is terrible, tofu would still be infinitely superior if you're going to eat some vegan cuck shit

>gonna have my annual Christmas braised rabbit this weekend from my grandma
yes fucks yes

Thanx for the laugh, m8.

This is the thread where we discuss new protein-rich foods, and I mentioned one such food I literally just tried for the first time today and it was allright. Not gonna shill and you're free not to try it, but why so butthurt? I mean someone else mentioned eggnog and I sure as shit ain't drinking that foul crap, but I'm not giving him shit for mentioning it...

Sorry but you just seem super insecure. It's not a 'vegan meme food' just because vegans eat it, I mean they eat broccoli and beans+rice too and I ain't giving those up. It's fun to try new things sometimes when cooking. Last week I made tacos using minced chicken meat, that was a first too, I've never tried minced chicken before. My gf made a raw vegan cake a while ago, was pretty great, it had avocadoes in it so kinda wierd but still nice. My meat-loving dad likes making that thing vegans do where they make "pulled pork" but using jackfruit instead. Why? Why the fuck not? Cooking is fun and so is variety. Just take a deep breath and enjoy food and quit being so scared of being "cucked" that you literally let that control what you eat, it's silly at best and a path to paranoid delusions at worst.

My favorite. Healthiest thing you can add to your diet.

It's also not good to have meat all the time. Meat heavy diets are shit for you.

>incomplete protein with bad bioavailability
From wiki on Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score:
>To arrive at the final result, all individual amino acids would have to be taken into account, though, so the PDCAAS of each constituent is largely useless. For example, grain [like gluten] protein has a PDCAAS of about 0.4 to 0.5, limited by lysine. On the other hand, it contains more than enough methionine. White bean protein (and that of many other pulses) has a PDCAAS of 0.6 to 0.7, limited by methionine, and contains more than enough lysine. When both are eaten in roughly equal quantities in a diet, the PDCAAS of the combined constituent is 1.0, because each constituent's protein is complemented by the other.

This is why lots of seitan recepies call for the addition of pulses, most commonly white beans. BOOM, PDCAA of 1 on the cheap.

anyone got some good recipes for brown/red lentils and split peas?

Brown lentils I like to add tomato sauce and peppers to, red lentils and split peas I just simmer in water or stock and chop in some onion, carrots, and celery, then load it up with black pepper.

I boil and season it as it was kidney beans (garlic onion bacon and 1 leaf of bay). Serve it along rice and a grilled meat, fucking delicious. Also: lentils + rice = complete protein.

>almonds have 21 g of protein in 100g

Yeah, but 100g of almonds is a bag bigger than your fist.

>high protein foods
>almonds

Have my seitan "ham" recipe you ungrateful faggots.

>net calories 442

That's not how fiber works. Lentils are bomb though, I love to make tarka dhal with tempered spices and topped with sautéed aromatics.

For split peas just use any split pea recipe with half a pound of ham per pound of peas. Make sure not to soak them, just rinse the split peas, and temper the spices and aromatics.

That just addresses the incomplete protein bit breh. Virtually all plant proteins digest poorly, and high fiber worsens the effect.

It's cooking, user, it's not a linear optimisation problem. Just eats lots of good and healthy food and stop looking for excuses not to try new stuff. Why is everyone such an autist?

>way cheaper than meat
How many tub of BCAA you consume per month?

Spam lite

anyone here heard about whey protein powder? seems too good to be true but i'm not sure

>That's not how fiber works

fiber isn't used for energy

I mix BCAA into my protein powder. One 8 euro bag lasts about 2-3 months I guess?
Besides, you can make seitan a complete protein through adding white beans anyway, which gives it a better texture and should be done regardless.

This is Veeky Forums, home of the permabulking starting strength babs. No one is on a cut here.

I'm not looking for excuses, I'm pointing out that touting it as a "good" protein source is dishonest. Personally I love trying new things and having a varied diet.

Not directly by your body. You still absorb a significant amount of energy from soluble fiber from your gut flora. Pretending that fiber doesn't count for kcal is wrong.

>That first scrape of the morning.