Are deadlifts overrated?

Are deadlifts overrated?

Yes.

No.

Maybe

I don't know

If anything they are underrated, at least among normies.

Chads dread leg day yet they fail to incorporate the objectively most fun lift into their program: the deadlift.

Wanna know an overrated lift? The flat benchpress.

All the big 3 movements are overrated.

for a competing powerlifter? no
for anyone else? yes

Can you repeat the question

They fixed my lower back problems nigga

Nearly every qualified coach or trainer whose sole existence IS NOT predicated around selling you an oversimplified meme routine with unwavering roots in powerlifiting will tell you that deadlifting is an extremely unsafe movement to perform due to the sheering forces on your spine. The absolute best deadlift athletes in the entire world can perform the movement so crazily perfect that they can get this sheering force down a bit but it's batshit insane to expect an untrained uncoached in person newbie to perform this movement safely. If you had success good now shut the fuck up.

If you can't deadlift safely then try other similar movements that can be performed with less risk such as block pulls, trap bar deadlift, sumo deadlift, snatch grip, etc.

Believe me there are an ASSLOAD of people who hurt themselves doing this retarded shit they just get hushed off the web by powerlifting commumity circle jerks and trendy meme lift hordes. Go to a general lifting community that isn't born out of memes and you'll find people freely speaking about alternatives.

With that said, if you can deadlift, you should. It's a very effective lift otherwise. Just don't listen to the fucking retards claiming you have to or you're retarded if you can't. They're wrong and probably fat, on roids, a competitive lifter or a midget or a shill.

It's just retards with bad form/going to heavy you mong

There is literally nothing wrong with deadlifts if you're not mentally handicapped

This. Besides, deadlifts are the most efficient at creating core strength, both in the abdominals and spinal erectors. You don't need to go heavy on deadlifts to get a strong core, just hit weight for reps. I've swapped out max deads for 70% 3x12 and my core is popping. I guarantee when I get older I won't be one of those hunchback old fucks you see hobbling around

Mine too. I work construction and used to have terrible lower back problem, probably because when I wasn't working I was hunched over a keyboard farming mats for flasks and raising BWL and and shit.

Anyway I started leadlifting and within 4 months work never bothered me again. I have slipped on ice carrying buckets of tools and my core just takes the abuse no problem now. 5 years ago that would have had me on my ass and missing work for a few days.

yes

/thread

>It's just retards with bad form/going to heavy you mong
Lol. If you aren't a powerlifter you are free to do whatever exercises you wish that help you achieve your goals. If you can't deadlift FOR WHATEVER reason there's literally thousands of variations that would help you achieve what you want such as rack pulls for back and stiffs for hamstrings.

You're a total fucking idiot. Anyone implying ypu have to conventional deadlift should choke on a dick and die. If it works for you great it's not for everyone not even remotely close to it you meme spewing retard.

Yes. Curls, Leg Press and glute bridges is all you need.

I've sacrificed mine due to trying to elite my core looking like a box. It's a sacrifice sure, but maintaining a man hourglass shape is a plus.

Though I am most likely going to incorporate them once the new year starts just to fish the 1 2 3 4 meme.

Is this Veeky Forums in a nutshell?

Unfortunately you'll still be the same ignorant fuck you were when you were young and dumb.

Samefag.

By who?
Some people treat them like some kind of higher tier of lift which they aren't
But they involve a bunch of muscle systems working in a co-ordinated fashion to move a huge amount of weight

So they'll do a lot for your cns and power

malcom meme.
fuck off. cancer.