Powerbuilding

Let's talk about powerbuilding Veeky Forums.
first off, as a beginner 8 months in, should I go to an intermediate program before going in to a powerbuilding program, or would that be a fine program to go to next?
second, anyone actually do one of these programs? what was your progress during it, how did you do it? what routine did you go with?
third topic is powerbuilding reading. anyone have any good resources for powerbuilding? I don't know any tried and true programs, Google comes up with a lot of the more popular sites but those aren't always the best recourses.

also I thought this guy in the pic was pretty big but then lmao not even 4pl8

The powerbuilding meme never dies

I'm wondering if it is a meme. people say everything is a meme, I just want to know if anyone has tried it. I'm not pushing it it just make sense for me if it actually works.

Get to intermediate level lifts.

If you plateau, then mess around with rep ranges.

PowerBuilding is one end of the spectrum.

High volume of high weight with rest intervals between triples, doubles, and singles is just one way.

I personally use it to boost CNS efficiency and "mind muscle" connection if I just spent a month or two jumping my 10rm up a lot.
No excellent athlete is so dogmatic.

what would you say are intermediate level lifts? 1/2/3/4?

If by 1/2/3/4 you mean for reps, yes.

>tfw I can OHP 1pl8, bench 2pl8, but can't squat 3pl8 or DL 4pl8
Fuck me. 1pl8 OHP is easy, do that in my damn sleep. 2pl8 bench I got to recently but I can do it now.

Maybe it's because I highbar squat. Can only do 275lbs x 4 right now.

depends on your weight, but usually no. 1/2/3/4 are like basic ass weights. if you've been lifting seriously at all you should hit those numbers in like a year or less u less you started at the fucking bar. if you're like 150lbs soaking wet though than those are respectable numbers. I'd focus more on body weight numbers. .75-1x be OHP, 1xbw bench, 2xbw squat, 2.5-3x be deadlift.

>powerbuilding
Lol

Go to symmetric strength and go off of that.

You need to adjust for bodyweight.

Well 5/3/1 BBB classifies as powerbuilding. It's pretty good.
And kek at all the
>1/2/3/4 is easy, 1 year or u weak lolol
1/2/3/4 is good for most people. You can start 'powerbuilding' anytime. You'll focus progress on the big lifts, so it won't matter much which strength level you're at

most people are not posting on an Internet board dedicated to fitness

Me too
Routine?

There is a big difference between 1/2/3/4 for 1 rep max and 1/2/3/4 for reps. But yes it is different for everyone. A fatfuck is going to start at bigger lifts, and have bigger lifts even if they're cutting weight. A skeleton lanklet is going to have a really hard time at first. Some even starting with the bar.

Well there's powerlifting and there's bodybuilding. So wtf is powerbuilding? The same as bodylifting, i suppose..

I don't care about this thread, but the guy in OP pic related is fucking insane. Double overhand 3.5pl8? That's some insane grip strength.

People here say a 405 squat in 3 months is standard. Some people here say you're strong once you hit 2/3/4/5.

Veeky Forums is retarded. Most people saying that shit probably don't even lift.

Day 1
Squat 5x8, lunges, planks
Day 2
Bench 5x8, dips, rows
Day 3
Deadlift 5x8, front squat, planks
Day 4
OHP 5x8, pullups or lat pull downs, incline DB bench

Then after a few weeks, go to 5x6. Then 3x6. Then 5x4, 3x4, and then go back up to 5x8. Gives me aesthetic work with high reps as well as strength building work at high weight/low reps. I've added conditioning like farmers walks, sled pushes, sandbag carries, and so on.

currently at 183lbs I've got
135lbs ohp 4x5
175 bench 5x5
250 squat 5x5
340 dead 1x5

Is the reason thick, veiny bodies like this are considered attractive because they make the whole body look like an erect penis?

He's not even lifting it off the ground, it's just sitting there. That's not insane, that's posing.

I like yours more than mine.

1pl8 OHP 3x5
2pl8 bench 3x5
240 squat 3x5
3pl8 DL 1x5

>tfw leglet but legs are fucking huge
Squats are just so damn hard. Is it highbar? Is it my lack of flexibility? Is it because I'm going ass to fucking grass?

That's not even good m8.

I double overhand 4pl8. It's called hook grip mate.
You can't oly lift with mixed grip. Mixed grip is for pussies.

It's ok but not great. I can do thet too
This
Probably this
Hook grip doesn't count as double overhand m8

Yes it does. Both hands are over.
If you mean conventional grip then yes, it's different. But Hook grip doesn't change as much as mixed grip does.

Do you even context? user was clearly talking about grip strength. Hook grip is not a measure of grip strength. It's perfectly viable, but not what op was talking about

>insane grip strength
Lol

Hook grip is hook grip, double overhand is different, and is explicitly not hook grip

Probs just b9, m7

Now THAT'S pretty great grip strength. Mirin.

>525 double overhand
Mirin
How long did it take to get there?

450 is my best but it refuses to fucking budge

Yeah I got got

I'm doing high bar, can't hit atg because of mobility, I need lifting shoes for that. I go slightly below parallel

Dunno man been training it v sporadically. I'd say it would take me 2 years if I was serious about it, but I was able to do 4pl8 pretty much from the get go because my hands are really big

you faggots always have to make things more complicated than it needs to be.

>follow a strength-building progression for your main lifts
>bodybuilding-style accessories after your main lift
>adjust diet to your body composition goals

THAT'S IT

dyel detected