Better than all of this board combined

>better than all of this board combined
>stronger than all this board combined
>faster, richer, the inspiration of millions
>fit would call him a dyel manlet
Daily reminder that bodyweight training is superior.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Art-Expressing-Human-Body/dp/0804831297
youtube.com/watch?v=PmVoynRb_D8
youtube.com/watch?v=SPyoiOTdHio
fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mike Tyson would destroy him

He used weights.

shit bait

Eh, I could kick his ass. Being 6'3 and 220 lbs 8% bodyfat, I could absolutely destroy Bruce Ree. I mean, when you look at the facts, what is the meaning of "fighting"? Having an advantage over your opponent in such a way (i.e. height, weight, muscle mass) that you are able to obliterate said opponent. Now, do I think Brucey had some stuff going for him? Sure, he could do karate, but that's about it. Technically speaking, having a tactical and mechanical advantage over your opponent is what makes a good fighter. It's one of the laws of warfare. However, simply possessing the ability to move your hands in such a way that you are able to induce damage upon someone's physical structure is not enough to be able to physically dominate someone. You need be thick. Solid. Tight. You have to possess such a large quantity of muscle mass, it honestly is not funny. That is what I think of Bruce Lee.

>stronger
doubt he could bench much more than 1pl8

What was bruce lee training regime?

>lee training
go b2r you newfriend

I know you troll, anyway:
>6'3 and 220 lbs 8% bodyfat
that does not mean shit if you getting pummeled by Bruce.
If you cannot fend off his blows you're going down.

>implying

>implying implications

the fact that there are people on this site that think bruce lee wouldnt literally kill them is hilarious

You mean that light weight Manlet? Bruce Lee was and is an overhyped fgt. And yes, weight and height matters if it comes to fighting, a below average heavy weight boxer could wish the floor with Bruce Lee.

manlet and skinny weak faggot, average mma fighter kill him

this, he was only hyped because everyone in his type was dyel and manlet

>type
I mean time

>ITT: DELUSIONALS WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A FIGHT

Was he natty? I always thought he the pic in OP makes him look like he's on something

>>stronger than all this board combined
Veeky Forumss combined PL total is probably well over a million pounds.

He was a HUGE proponent of weight training and science.

All he ever did was practice and train new ways to increase his strength and speed. He emulated strongmen and bodybuilders. He lifted weights. He did isometric training. He constantly worked out. He RARELY did bodyweight routines.

tl;dr: You're a fucking idiot.

It changed literally all the time. He went from full body to bodyweight splits to isometric training. Look up Art of Expressing the Human Body

every single big buy who comes through the door of the boxing gym i go to thinks exactly like this and they are invariably humbled on day 1.

But have you seen his fucking lats? He probably has the flying capabilities of an F-16.

He took a LOT of supplements that were legal at the time. Fucking EVERYTHING under the sun.

He was super autistic about his diet and routines.

You guys should really read some of his fitness stuff. Its outdated but he was 100x more dedicated than any of us. His entire life was training, stretching, dieting and lifting. That alone makes him admirable.

Bruce Lee himself once said:
>"Two opponents of equal skill, bigger man wins."
That being said his skill was legendary. However if you want an example of what a Bruce Lee vs a heavyweight would be like, watch Jason Statham fight The Rock in the beginning of Furious 7. I know, I know, but really watch it. Statahm is a very skilled martial artist and the choreographer took advantage of that. Statham fights incredibly well but his strikes don't do any real damage to the Rock.

This is only the first 30 seconds or so, granted, but it is a pretty good fight till the stupid begins.

>Its outdated
How does someone who looks like Lee have an outdated fitness regime?

This.

Sticking to one type of training is monotonous and boring as fuck. It's always fun to try something new.

Not all of it but it stuff like using electrode stimulation for his muscle and he did a lot of isometric training. Lots of 70s style lifting that turns out to be bad for your joints and such

Gotcha.

>You guys should really read some of his fitness stuff
provide books

amazon.com/Art-Expressing-Human-Body/dp/0804831297

probably the best as far as fitness routines go

Has a lot of his fitness routines outline by him in his personal journals. They're always changing. Also his stretching routines, his diets and his MA training routines.

Its more of a compilation of his routines throughout his life, not so much of a training manual or a how-to guide.

Its at the very least extremely interesting and motivational.

His training logs and diet journals are crazy.

How do I act like Bruce Lee? I want charisma gains

youtube.com/watch?v=PmVoynRb_D8

Read a lot of Krishnamurti

I'll check it out thanks

Kinda dry and not very reader friendly but good philosopher with great mindset about not getting too much in your own head

>To change with change is the changeless state

One of my fave quotes

yeah i was mainly interested in how he trained without mcuh interest in actually trying those things myself. i'm looking for a training biography thing more than a manual so that's fantastic, thanks.

>about not getting too much in your own head

This is something I need, thanks.

me too. bookmarked.

But Bruce Lee lifted weights all the time. They were baby weights, but he lifted. He even snapped his back trying to do good mornings with 1 plate, lmao. What a fucking joke.

Also see Jet Li vs Dolf Lundgren in The Expendables, and Tony Jaa vs a huge white guy in The Protector.

Bruce Lee didn't bodyweight train you dumbass.

He was literally the "martial arts guy" who said "fuck bodyweight exercises, weights are actually better for martial arts".

He did a 3 days a week full body workout. It's outdated, but some of the exercises he did:

>clean and press
>back squat
>bench press
>good mornings
>curls
>weighted pullups/chins

I got angry when I found out there would be no Bruce Lee CGI in the new IP man

>turns out to be bad for your joints

Isometrics aren't bad for your joints.

Well to be fair he jumped right in to 1pl8 without a warmup, which is the recipe for snap city.

Bruce Lee resurrected, 40 years after he died

Holy fucking shit

is this a joke?

I don't think hes that accurate either I just wanted to tell that user I wanted to see bruce lee CGI

That was a separate sentence for a reason, user.

Exactly ive done boxing and judo now for about 7 years and everyone always talks tough at school until they have to prove it. Honestly it amazes me how people can even talk that way when they have 0 experience in any gand to hand combat situation

I've never been in a fight and I have delusions of fighting people and winning. I'm smart enough to know better, and because I'm 5'6 and not/fit/ yet. I can imagine a person in good shape who's never gotten their shit kicked in has that far worse. Not to mention when you look at yourself and see a transformed person, you think fighting is just being in shape.

Here's the thing. We can all agree that Mike Tyson would massacre Bruce Lee in a fight. Why? Because Tyson was a champion proffessional fighter. You are not.

Bruce Lee's speed, power and coordination were incredible. The average person, even with years of weight lifting, wouldn't stand a chance against Lee.

I like to think Lee would have a chance against Iron Mike if he had time to train specifically to fight him. Also, if he was fast enough that Mike never hit him directly.
A lot of "would Mike Tyson win?" scenarios (Lee, Ali, etc) require the challenger not to adjust their strategy. I doubt Ali would use 'robe a dope' on Tyson just like I doubt Lee would fight Mike without some serious overhaul of his fighting style.

In a random no rule fight Lee could win. Mike cant even really kick

If Mike caught him, Lee would be fucked. Mike Tyson in his prime was a juggernaut. Lee's only hope would be to avoid being hit.

>Bruce Lee's speed, power and coordination were incredible

Keanu Reeves could kick his ass. Haven't you seen The Matrix?

>43 years after Bruce's death
>people still confuse movies with reality and think Bruce Lee was a real life Liu Kang

Keanu didn't take martial art seriously or actually demonstrate anything physical, he was all cgi

>Lee's only hope would be to avoid being hit

that, and cunning. Intelligence is also required in fighting effectively. we rule the animal kingdom not because of big size and strength but because of our ability to utilize strengths and exploit weaknesses with intelligence

>that, and cunning

Jesus christ

Autism: the thread

you're not very Veeky Forums are you?

lots of brainlet plebs here

Manga does not count as Veeky Forums

>I could kick Bruce Lee's ass
Of course you could champ, Lee was nothing, you're a big guy 4u! But in all seriousness, no. I'm a fucking white belt, because that's what comes with the gi, trained for a very short time, and I could kick your ass. How do I know? Because you've never been in a fucking fight with anyone who has the slightest training. And how do I know that? Because you say stupid shit like, "I could kick Bruce Lee's ass." Bitch you couldn't kick bruce vilanch's ass.

>Manga does not count

Nice projection son. Its obvious you don't read jack shit

>trying to take the intellectual high ground when you honestly believe Bruce Lee could beat Iron Mike Tyson in a fight through "cunning"

Yes, do you even know what cunning means?

Feints, evasion (like you said) are essential to being a good fighter. what is your fucking problem? Are you autistic?

What the fuck kind of fight are you imagining between then? Bruce teleports behind Mike and stabs his weak spot with a katana?

*nunchaku

Tyson bum rushes with a ton of punches, Lee backs up so fast but then catapults himself forward with a kick to tysons gut or leg. Maybe tries to feint a punch then cripple tysons leg

Maybe bites his ear

pic unrelated

How many takes do you think they'd have to do to get the choreography right?

I thought you were talking a real fight. Maybe similar to ip man 3? Bruce directed his on way so it would be different.

Tyson, despite what the media has led you to believe, isn't an idiot either. He wouldn't fight Lee like that. I agree he'd probably bite him though, then make some offhand remark like "I always wanted to try korean!"

>I thought you were talking a real fight

I'm making fun of the way you think a hollywood actor would beat up one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time just by sidestepping and trying to be slick. In that case, I could beat up Mike Tyson. Just roll out of the way of his punch and kick him in the back of the leg. Boom, I could take on anyone.

You're trying to stick your hand out the grave. There are many professional K.O gifs of people falling for the stupidest shit. No one is infallible.

>No one is infallible.

Not the argument. The chances of someone who isn't a professional fighter knocking out one of the best fighters of all time just by trying to feint are very slim.

You obviously don't watch any fighting. Even Ali could hardly take a kick. You don't know hat you're talking about stop wasting my time

Realistically, if we were outside of the heavyweight arena then Lee would have a better chance. Mike only knows how to fight one way (and he does it extremely well, don't get me wrong) but martial arts teaches you how to fight larger opponents. If we're outside of boxing rules, Lee can kick Mike in vulnerable places that Mike wouldn't know how to properly defend.

However, I still stand by my first statement way at the beginning, Mike would destroy Lee if Mike got a good punch or two in. So, while I'm not as delusional as the guy saying 'cunning' will win the fight, I think Lee has a chance.

>doesnt realize ol ear-biter won street fights every day of his young life

I can't be this misunderstood

Later on its all about angles and feinting, that where the real skill comes in

Most street fights are not between two martial arts masters.

> but martial arts teaches you how to fight larger opponents.

The elephant in the room is that Bruce Lee is not a champion fighter of any kind. It's not a top boxer vs a top competitive martial artist, it's a top boxer vs a hollywood actor who practiced recreational martial arts and was never known as an actual fighter

Thats how traditional martial art fights are, or in a dojo with people watching

So lets make a more realistic matchup then, cause I have a feeling we're arguing the same point (Mike wins) just looking at it from different angles.

Who'd win, Bruce Lee or Jason Statham?

>It's not a top boxer vs a top competitive martial artist

Thats exactly what it is though. Lee had his own school and did fight despite what you believe. He was a real martial art instructor and did fight and contribute a lot to the martial art community. He was active in that sense

Are you fucking stupid?

>Thats exactly what it is though.

You're an idiot.

Show me the tournament records.

>implying one of those guys is supposed to be equivalent to Bruce Lee and the other to Mike Tyson

You might as well just post a guy straight shot KOing another guy and saying "see? all Bill Gates would have to do is punch Muhammed Ali in the face and he'd win the fight easily"

Well I mean....Ali is dead so...

>at school
keep dreaming
underage

>fit would call him a dyel manlet
What planet are you living in?
Only newfags would ever say that
His lats alone are the envy of anyone worth their salt in this place

Research it yourself. I really don't feel like educating you but I will say that martial arts and sports combat are different things. Lee attended Ed Parkers Tournaments for 6 years in a row and participated but the tournaments are not ho they are today. Parkers tournaments only had sparring no real fighting.

>inb4 here are ed parkers fight records

Lee was a street fighter not a tournament fighter.

>Research it yourself. I really don't feel like educating you

That's what I thought. Fuck out the thread now.

This was one of the first Veeky Forums books I bought as a kid. Its a great intro + motivation for training.

Doesn't change that he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about at all. He reeks of memes and autism

>being this pleb

Empty headless chickens running around blabbing their mouth. Can it

Trickery/cunning is essential.

>Parkers tournaments only had sparring no real fighting

Rehearsed sparring not even real sparring but don't quote me on that. Anyway at those tournaments Lee gave speeches and demonstrations on practical street fighting martial arts. A lot of criticism he got was from his writings in newspaper and speeches.

fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon

That last bit actually sounds like him.

Nobody is saying Mike Tyson isn't a juggernaut or a bad athlete. Boxers are fantastic athletes; Bruce Lee even called them the most fit athletes on the planet.

The problem with boxers is that they are limited. They might be really great fighters with their punches, and against punches, but they wouldn't know how to deal with kick, knees, elbows or grappling simply because they never have had to consider these in their fights. They always assume their opponent will be going by the same rules as they are, so they get REALLY good at those rules.

Now Bruce Lee on the other hand was more into learning EVERYTHING he could and know exactly what he should do against what opponent. If you read his books he even advocates that if the opponent is bigger or stronger than you, that fighting dirty is basically required unless you want to get rocked.

I think if Bruce put on some mass and tried grappling there isn't really much Mike could do, unless Mike also trained for grappling beforehand, but that type of training takes quite a while to learn while Bruce already knows a bit of it.

His career was about as fake as the moon landing and had a very similar critical mass.
>He is not all that great
>He used a lot of products and types of unnatural additives.
>His (so called) explosive power is all smoke and mirrors.
Let's not forget this is just a hollywood actor. He is ripped but most of them are and he is nothing special.
>There's people who actually think people like Chris Angel can levitate and pull playing cards out of his ass.