First "Fight"

To make a long story short I got into my first fight today ever. Naturally though because of my weak muscles and small size I lost. Wasn't that big a deal I got up and wasn't too hurt.

Here's my problem though. After losing this fight i realized how weak I am. Currently I do Crew (Rowing) as a sport although it mostly exercises your legs and cardio. My parents want me to stick with it, however I feel like I need to do something else in order to build up my upper body strength so I can defend myself properly and not just try and hurt someone with a fucking oar next time I get in a fight. Currently for the last two weeks I've been waking up at 5:30 3 times a week to work out my arms however I'm very limited to what I can do at home and this is the only time I can do it. Over the summer and beginning/middle of fall I did this but I didn't notice much improvement in my strength. I was debating on whether to post this on /adv or /fit but here I am. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

whats the story behind the fight

read the sticky desu

learn one of the following:
>Boxing
>Kickboxing
>Muay Thai
And one of the following:
>Wrestling
>Judo
>BJJ

kid I was fighting knew wrestling thus the reason I got fucked. Ialso know there are no places around my area that teach any of that stuff.
Couple of people fucking around in a locker room. We started yelling at each other and things escalated.

>not even a boxing club

where the fuck do you live?

>Kid who wooped his ass knows wrestling
>Claims you can't learn wrestling in his area

Nigga where did he learn?

From the thumbnail I thought that was mr crabs

>Do only pulling exercises
>Somehow expect to be able to throw a punch

Honestly OP muscles only help so far. You'd be better off learning how to properly fight instead of just trying to win a fight by pure strength.

A person who knows how to fight (actually knows, not just been in a few street scuffles) will almost certainly beat a person who doesn't know how to fight, to a certain extent.

Lol bro, I'm a former D-1 rugby player, have abs at 6'1" 240 lbs, worked as a bouncer, Did army ROTC in college turning it down for 70k finance job, and I bench somewhere around 420 lbs. I grew up on base and boxed since I was 8. I've got the quickest hands I've ever seen in person from a non professional fighter, especially at my weight. If my gf wants to talk chit I'll let her do it to a point before pulling her away. If some guy gets in her face? I'm either gonna do the responsible thing and get the bouncer or pick him up and slam his phucking neck into the concrete.

What do you weigh… 190 lbs? Bench maybe 275 lbs? Lol. You have no idea what it's like walking around as big and as strong as someone like me. First of all, 95% of men walk in fear of you, and 95% of the other 5% of men are just retarded.

Literally the last 3 altercations I've been in with other males ended with me giving them one back hand slap and knocking them to the ground (I'm terrified of hitting most men and either killing them or putting them into a coma)

Any type of altercation, verbal etc. whether it involves girls I know or guys I know just mildly amuse me as I know I can step in and regulate the situation in a split second if things get serious.

Take your tiny, wanna be, hard pretend phaggot ass elsewhere pussy.

Then go search for a place where you can atleast learn Boxing. Lifting wont help you in a fight and you training your arms wont help you either.

You need atleast two advantages for fighting:
>Speed
>Strenght
>Technique
>Weight
>Stamina
>Durability
>Explosiveness
>Attitude

Or another option is to get into as many fights as passable to learn first hand

mmm i like this pasta

DO a full body strength routine 2 times a week and MMA like training 2 times a week.

Strength alone wont carry you in a fight unless youre both inexperienced. You NEED to know how to fight. But when you do know then strength becomes a HUGE advantages.

Do something like SS 2 times a week and some form of boxing/kickboxing/muy thai and either wrestling or BJJ.

The strength training will also help your rowing

Do Krav Maga, MMA, kickboxing, jiu jiutsu, boxing, something where you learn how to stand your ground. God damnit, how fucking hard is that?
>I want to learn how to fight
>how much do I need to bench

Fucking retard

>Do SS 2 times a week
>Do SS but don't do SS

yeah ok buddy

Hes already doing rowing. Then hes going to add 2 other cardio heavy days a week with martial arts. And THEN you want him to add another 3 days during that week with heavy lifting?

Have you ever done something very taxing almost everyday a long with 3 days a week of maximal weight strength training?

Mark Rippetoe have said it himself that active athletes can progress on 1 day of SS a week. 2 days would be better, if doable, and that not everyone can do 3 days a week if they are training almost everyday.

this

there's lots of places in the US that really don't have wrestling for adults. where i live there's really only places for elementary or high school kids.

luckily there's a lot of decent bjj places and they'll usually teach you some wrestling/ judo takedowns, not the same but still dope.

I live in the suburbs if I get into a fight people will sue you not including this one.

OP here

I live in the suburbs if I get into a fight people will sue you not including this one.

I'm thinking of quitting rowing but it's very good for college although I suck at it. One of the only reasons I'm still in though is that is forces you to work out.

I'm gonna get shit on but I weigh 133. Even since I started rowing 2 years ago and working out I haven't gained any weight.

Doing boxing and judo now for about 5 years very very effective combo

can confirm

also i bench 3pl8 and that definitely helps

so you got beat up by a high school kid? LMAO

>I live in the suburbs if I get into a fight people will sue you not including this one.
This is why everyone hates white people: pressing charges after being randomly assaulted is one thing, but hiding behind the law to escape "talk shit, get hit" is unacceptable.

We seriously have to unfuck ourselves. Most of our "men" can't do basic man shit anymore because of how pussified we've become.

This is why all of our women want to fuck Tyrone, it's not because of the Jews (well, not entirely) it's because women are drawn to strength and confidence, and black men know how to tell women to fuck off and get on, and don't eat whatever shit women sling with a smile on their face.

Sorry for ranting.

>I'm thinking of quitting rowing
Don't quit, try harder, get better. You don't want to quit for two reasons, 1: quitting is a bad habit, if you start quitting now you'll be a quitter the rest of your life, and 2: rowing is ridiculously good for your fitness.

>I'm gonna get shit on but I weigh 133. Even since I started rowing 2 years ago and working out I haven't gained any weight
What's your diet like? Find out what your maintenance weight is and eat at least 1000 calories more than that, also you're going to want to start eating 160 grams of protein a day, which is actually pretty damn easy: oatz with milk for breakfast, 8oz of lean meat with lunch and dinner, and eat some whole grain pasta and/or legumes with both meals. Maybe a cup of cottage cheese before bed if you're really worried about hitting your macro. You don't even need to consider whey powder until you're 200+ pds. Drink lots of water and eat lots of vegetables, broccoli and Brussels sprouts are god tier, they freeze well and are very satiating.

Pick a three day beginner program and stick to it, doesn't matter which one as long it's legit and it works for you.

>Continued

Read the sticky you faggot

Can you tell me specifically what happened during the fight?

It's ok if not, noobs tend to african-american out when they fight.

>continuing
This is what you're working towards, what I would consider to be the minimum goals for having a body that can fight effectively.

Deadlift - 2.5xBW
Back Squat - 2xBW
Front Squat - 1.5xBW
Overhead Squat - 5 reps @ 1xBW
Bench Press -1.5xBW
Military Press – 1xBW
Pull Up (Weighted) - 5x10 @ 1.5BW
Dips - 3x12 @ 1.5 BW

If at all possible find a place that can teach you Muay Thai and BJJ. Knowing how to move on your feet and strike effectively, throw a punch (or better yet, an elbow; untrained people have no idea how to deal with someone who knows how to use their elbows) will go a long way, and as for BJJ knowing how to take someone to ground and handle yourself once you're there is incredibly important.

99% of dudes' idea of fighting is throwing haymakers/YOLO tackles. A couple months of training will give you a huge advantage against most people.

Speed beats power, timing beats speed

I think it's more likely that the dude he fought is in college, and wrestled while he was in high school.

>Krav Maga
WHEW LAD.

>Mfw

buy or make yourself a makiwara and use that until you cover it with blood, with each hand
then join a dojo/mma school that does tons of sparring, and after learning the basics, try to shut off your consciousness when sparring, and let it happen naturally, get comfortable with it

casual sparring is essential to not get hit in a fight, and now when/where to hit
conditioning your knuckles and shins will help prevent you from breaking your own knuckles on their jaw/skull/wherever you hit them

>Lifting wont help you in a fight and you training your arms wont help you either
>You need atleast two advantages for fighting:
>Strenght
You realize what you just said is contradictory right. No, he shouldn't just focus on training his arms, but being strong will help.
>buy or make yourself a makiwara and use that until you cover it with blood, with each hand
>then join a dojo/mma school that does tons of sparring
>fuck up trying to learn how to use a makiwara before you go to a place that can properly teach you how to use a makiwara
Like he needs a teacher for martial arts and shouldn't try to teach himself or learn from videos or anything like that; he needs a proper teacher for hojo undo

Wrestler/Judoka/Bjj practioner here
Those lifting standards are crazy for "effective fighting"

For beginners having to learn both motor patterns for martial arts and lifting, is extremely tasking. Beginners trying to fight needn't do more than pullups and squats. Conditioning during your training will give you higher net gains for immediate attempts at fighting and grappling. Any good martial arts school conditions during its practices (until you get to a higher level where you are expected to do that on your own)

>those weight lifting standards with that gif

Lol seems about right. If you're in a good gym with good conditioning then you shouldn't be able to make those kind of results without some serious gear, especially if you do striking conditioning.

This. Lifting for martial arts needs to be limited if you ever want to recover from the taxing nature of the sport.

>Gorilla warfare