What does Veeky Forums of Jason Blaha?

What does Veeky Forums of Jason Blaha?

From what I can tell he gives pretty decent fitness advice, but he also has made a number of crazy claims.

>claims to be a mercenary
>claims to have run his own steroid lab
>claims to have helped a large number of NCAA athletes beat drug testing
>claims to have been 5% bf body builder and a part time male model in college
>science fiction writer
>martial artist with 2 black belts
>championship shooter

I am sure there is more I am forgetting.

What do you think of him? How is his fitness advice? What prompts a man to make up so much shit about his life?

Other urls found in this thread:

eroshare.com/q0sw2xpc
youtube.com/watch?v=ev3c52PQATY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being an under acheiving loser in his midd age crisis

His asvice is garbage and can be found by 5 minutes of googling

He's painful to watch, he's a cringefest with a swamp monster for a GF

He's a cuck and so are you.

fuck you

what is wrong with his advice? I mean, he seems to just regurgitate basic exercise science. He certainly isn't some sort of genius guru, but I think his advice is better than fake natties like Devin physique

bump

Used to watch him a bit before his absurd claims came out and I just started seeing how much of a twat he was

I went off the grid for 7 months and came back and it turned out he has a bunch of new videos with less views than normal I donno if he sperged out and deleted his channel or something because a bunch of videos came out proving his horseshit

His results are indicative of his advice.

The problem is blaha says stuff like 'IIFYM has no impact on body composition'

That's a straight up fucking lie lol, and the reason he looks so shitty is because of IIFYM

Yep, desu

/thread

The saddest part from all of this is that the Blaha physique is what most Internet lifters "achieve" because of their disgusting training and even more disgusting eating habbits. If a skinny kid who hasn't stepped foot in a gym looks better than you, your training is a complete failure.

Fuck, I miss the days when going to the gym was actually cool and we didn't know shit like DUP, periodization or complex loading protocols. We just lifted weights with a total disregard of rep schemes and exercise selection. Ironically, we got results. There was a kid I knew who put on mass in all of the right places from just doing dumbell circuits.

Nowadays, I see these kids with shorts, big asses and lifting shoes and I just shake my head. All of them are skinny-fat and all of them wank over their gym totals with no desire to compete in PL.

Just fuck Blaha and all of the other in-vogue trainers. I'd rather read old Flex magazines than watch/listen to them.

I dunno, everyone at my gym trains old school pretty much.

We don't have routines, we just stick to 8-12 rep range, lift with intensity, make sure we hit every body part every training day, (or brosplit) and everyone that trains like that looks great. Clean diet, chicken breast, rice, fish, steak, eggs, milk, and lots of volume.

I look pretty fucking shit but I'm making good progress just because I train like they do (I'm new)

I see guys that eat mcdonalds and do starting strength and I just feel bad for them

You've already made it.

I'll make it in a decade when I step on the scale post cut and I see 200 staring at me

I believe senpai

I'd like to ask a few questions if you don't mind:

So 8-12 is better for the visuals and 5x5 for the explosive strength right? While lfiting for aesthetics do you still get that great body feeling after the sets/the whole session? Gonna start cutting when the gym opens again in january and was considering switching to 3x8 or something.
I don't want to get too wide though and primarily go for the feeling lifting gives me and that I also can increase my discipline by doing something regularly.

Thanks in advance and excuse the non-native english mistakes.

why is is that women look cute doing absolutely retarded shit and men look retarded like they should when doing the same thing?

what are you now? and what cardio do you do?

I'm dyel as hell full disclaimer all I know is what aesthetic people in my gym and aesthetic people on fit (lotus, etc) have told me

All I can really say is that every single guy with an amazing physique says the same shit 'eat clean, 8-12 reps, lots of volume'

Anyways yeah, you get the 'pump' feeling training 8-12. Big time. You actually get it a lot more because you did so much more volume.

Also that's great for cutting, you burn more calories.

>x5 for strength

I think like sets of 2-3 is best for strength. It also leaves you looking dyel and destroys your joints.

>8-12 aesthetics

Yep. 100%.

If your goal is to look good, 8-12. If your goal is be strong, 2-3.

I am totally unsure why 5-5 even exists can someone clear it up for me? Worst of both worlds?

I have never heard anyone with a good physique recommend a rep scheme of x5, ever.

That in itself is damning

Man, stop giving advice.

youre fuckin dumb

Well I did 5x5 for quite a while now so I'm gona answer this myself after asking the questions. I once had a injury regarding bad form while deadlifting. after a months going light and doing rehab stuff I could get in again with proper form.
I don't know how much the joint stuff really applies if you're a casual lifter. I think the problem is that the only lfiters we here about online or on the media aren't casuals and hence the percentage is higher with heavier weights and more chance of injury / joitn problems.
I got compliments on getting buff already when I go out dancing with friends, but I do it rarely cause I cant' drink in moderation. That being said I just wanted to switch to 3x8 if the pump is the same feeling and to do reduce boredom while lifting, I don't care that much about aesthetics, maybe also due my surroundings consider it pretty weird to be buff.

Guess I gotta ask someone who did 3x8 and 5x5 aswell.

Moot is a cutie though.

How about you correct the inaccuracies in what I said and improve my knowledge of bodybuilding

Seems like a great opertunity for you to help me and show me your knowlege at the same time

My basic thinking is

>every dyel obese fuck advise IIFYM and 5x5
>every shredded cunt advises eating clean and 8-12

So yeah that is a pretty huge roadblock.

People end up looking like crap on these routines for three reasons.

1. Tension overload
There's a limit to how much stronger you can get. There's no limit to how many back-off sets you could do or how many sets you can add. The whole "LP for size" things falls apart as soon as you have to cut the work you do and reduce the density of your workouts just to get more weight on the bar.

In short - it's a crap way to manipulate volume and it teaches people to do less work because of the constant intensity PR-chasing.

2. Poor exercise selection
Dedicating the bulk of your work for lower body is great if you are a powerlifter. If you want aesthetics you need to do more work for the underdeveloped muscles (upper-body) and less for the already developed ones. Having chicken legs is ugly, looking like you are about to give birth to twins is even uglier.

3. Very poor eating habits
Yeah, if you need to constantly overeat and carry water and bloat to be "strong" your program sucks. You should never be in a situation in training when you are failing weight.

As with any activity, listen to the guys that are actually winning and/or having success. If you seen Ian McCarthy and Jason Blaha on the street would you say that they actually lift? Heck no. Just sit down and think - would these routines be pushed so hard if they actually worked for getting a great body? Of course not - people would do them by default.

What do you think of Jason's latest instagram live footage : eroshare.com/q0sw2xpc (slight nudity warning, nothing big)

for cutting keto is great because it makes you feel full while letting you eat at a deficit.

bulking is pretty much the same diet but with more carbs.

lifetime order sixtysiss on jason bloho

????

Obviously

IFFyM means if it fits your macros, ie, I can eat McDonald's and ice cream and pizza and look good

It is a meme and a lie

This is still one of the funniest videos and the reason why I don't take Internet forums and the "culture" around them seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=ev3c52PQATY

That is 50 fucking minutes. Either summarise or gtfo, I'm not watching some amateur video for almost an hour to see if you actually have a point or are shilling

A science retard debates one of the Pulcinella brothers about bodybuilding. The kid has trained exactly 0 people to the highest level (himself included) and gets wrecked.

Actually Ian trained for a little bit (though the results are indeed not quite "highest level" :))

What always got me was the absolute arrogance of it all. Someone with absolutely no success or credibility is trying to take on a pro with more decades of experience than Ian has been alive. There was also something similar when the SS forums tried to trash-talk Jamie Lewis a week before he got the squat world record.

Skimmed through parts, is there much to learn from it or more so just a retard being retarded? If it's got good shit might watch it later when I've got time. Idiots just spouting shit though is hardly worth watching, see enough of that in life

Not much - just the overall message aka listen to the experience/winners, instead of the geeks.

So people here are saying you should train in the 8-12 rep range for aesthetics even if you're a novice who can't even bench 50kg, or did I get that wrong? Are you suggesting that only intermediate/advanced lifters should work in the 8-12 rep range or what? What's the point of lifting in the """hypertrophy""" range if my lifts are weak as fuck? Should I lift in the 8-12 range anyway?

I don't understand your argument, people. Lifters who've reached the intermediate/advanced phase are already lifting in higher rep ranges, are they not? Is this argument directed towards people who are in the intermediate phase who still continue to lift in the 3-5 rep range? I would appreciate if someone could clear up my (mis)conceptions.

Bro, just go in there and lift some weights. If you get stumped, ask some of the bigger guys and try to piece it all together.

I did 5x5 when I was holocaust survivor. Built up strength really really fast. Fast to the point people accused me of Estatting. Do it. And eat well.

Say that to my face pussy , I am the LAST person you want to fuck with. I have a classified past , you should know what that means motherfucker. The shit I did during the Clinton years , I won't talk about my past but I was in intelligence I had to quit due to ptsd so I am a little bit FUCKED up a fucker saying that shit to me .

Thanks, I'm doing a 5x5 program with some accessories at the end of my workouts which is why I asked, strength is going up fast and i'm really enjoying the ride so far.

an absolute joke of a man

Good attitude. I think with 5x5 a big advantage is just the strength gains which come really quickly and keep you going.

Tough guy, alpha male. Absolute monster desu

>I am a beta male who has compiled this advice by observing successful men that I watch at me gym

Dude c'mon. Read the fucking sticky it corrects all of your bullshit

Fuck you faggot. Suck some more dick.

t. a very butthurt bloho