Lifting shoes or barefoot?

Per title. For lifting heavy in a squat, 160kg+ Highbar. I have trouble hitting depth, and want a bigger angle on my ankles so I can bounce out of the hole using my hamstrings. T-nation says no, but they are low honour, low bar squatters, Breaking muscles says yes, but they're even worse, as they're crossfit sub-humans. Alan Thrall and Jim Wendler both say yes.

t-nation.com/training/olympic-shoes-or-chucks-for-squats

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/weightlifting-shoes-why-you-need-a-pair-what-to-look-for-and-when-to-wear-them

Buy them if you high bar squat.
Buy them if you have trouble with ankle flexibility.

bump

you definitely shouldn't be squatting barefoot

would recommend WL shoes if you highbar definitely

i have hideous ankle mobility and 1 inch long hamstrings, so my adipowers are a life saver. id recommend against using them for deads - stick to barefoot or chucks for those

>you definitely shouldn't be squatting barefoot
Why not?

>overanalyzing this much

just buy the damn shoes. they will help you hit depth, ESPECIALLY with high bar. chucks are usually better for low bar/wider stanced squats

Every olympic lifter uses weightlifting shoes and they are required to squat the deepest out of anybody. I have shit ankle mobility and the shoes help me out a ton, I would definitely recommend them. I wouldn't say there's any scenario in which squatting in flats or barefoot is better than squatting in weightlifting shoes. Deadlift is a different story.

>I wouldn't say there's any scenario in which squatting in flats or barefoot is better than squatting in weightlifting shoes. Deadlift is a different story.

Squatting in flats or barefoot is better if your stance is wide and/or you use low-bar.

If you're trying to push more through your hamstrings, then WL shoes are good regardless of ankle mobility.

Especially if you high bar squat.

>inov8

Get away from me you poor degenerate

I squat lowbar, and I love adi powerlift 2.0 I find flat shoes lack the stability even for lowbar

What's your problem with inov8? Every pair of shoes I've owned by them have lasted longer than shoes I've bought from Nike, Adidas and Reebok.

I've tried other makes like Pearl Izumi, Vivo Barefoot, Asics and New Balance, and Inov8 have outlasted all of them.

Did I do good?

How was your muscle milk?

Are you meming ne?

Are sips first?

For you

I've been high bar squatting in chucks and making decent progress. Am I going to snap my shit up? I just wanna hit 3 pl8 for reps for maximum mires.

muscle milk, bodybuilding.com t shirt, shaker bottle, c4 preworkout, postworkout chipotle?

Film yourself and look how your lower back looks when you go ATG. If it's rounding and you end up with a lot of buttwink, you have to get some shoes, increase mobility or switch to low bar.

Maybe you're gifted with the right hip joint socket, short femurs and good dorsiflexion. In this case, weightlifting shoes will not be necessary for you.

Has anyone ever tried these? Like 40 gbp

Never heard of them, but by design they look like adidas powerlift/pp2 which has soles that compress over time or if you squat close to 200 kg, basically shitty WL shoes for poor college kids and degenerates.

looks like knockoff adidas powerlifts

thanks brah. solid advice. will do

>tfw 1rm is 140kg
I guess it'll take me at least another 1-2 years before I'm able to squat 200kg, so I guess I'm okay with that.
>poor college kids
bingo

When it comes to shitty WL shoes there's only 2 options.
If you knock the heels against a wall and its light, that means its made of plastic that will compress overtime, if its heavy that means its wood and will probably get torn off the soles of the shoes

Just save up money and buy a used adipowers or better yet, mug someone for their adistars (4 out of 5 weightlifters who wear adistars are either manlet chinks or old eastern euros so itll be easy)

>paying 40 good boy points

Might as well get tendies instead tbph

I have shit ankle flexibility, I just put a 5lb plates under my heel. People look at me weird, but at least I don't have autistic $200 lifting shoes

go for it. i bought a pair of adipowers for 40 bucks used from play it again sports, maybe you can find a cheap pair on craigstlist or something. i guarantee your ankle mobility will improve if you squat regularly with these. i've gotten to a point where i can squat comfortably without them, but they're still cool to have around.

I have these exact shoes. I got it with a sale on adidas and used a coupon. I think it was 110. Initially I was only going to use them on squats but the more I used them the more I benefited. From deadlifts to benching to curling. A proper shoe gives you stability. I use them everyday in the gym and switch out to trainers for cardio.