Muscle Memory

Goddamn anons muscle memory is not a meme.
>Lift for almost a year get the famous 1/2/3/4 for reps stats
>Lose gf and job
>Get depressed
>Stop lifting, eating right and taking a shitton of drugs
>8 months in and went from 76kg to 63
>Decide fuck it get back on track 3 months ago
>Start lifting 2 months ago, stats were literally 45% of where I was before
>Yesterday/today I hit 1/2/3/4 again for reps
>Took me less than 8 weeks to get where I was
>Get accused of taking steroids daily

Muscle memory is awesome. I even really fucked up my body in the 8 months I was a depressed degenerate druggie, used drugs daily and ate less than 1500kcal a day and when I ate it was shit food mostly high in sugar. It's better than magic.

nice blogpost user. post gf

>Player sports for 12 years
>broke arm, stopped exercising altogether
>Started going to the gym again 2 months ago
>better body than 80% of the gym already

Anyone who denies muscle memory has never worked out in this teens

whos that girl tho

Pretty sure muscle memory refers to people being able to do shit like play the piano without thinking. Not saying youre wrong but I always thought that was what muscle memory was.

That is correct, muscle memory is actually consolidating a motor task through repetition.

What OP is referring to (the fact that many of us know that it is easier to regain muscle mass than to build it on the first place) is:
- The number of nuclei in muscle fibers is one of the regulators of muscle size;
- With resistance training, new nuclei are created;
- With the absence of training, the muscles lose size but not the nuclei;
- When re-starting to apply resistance training, it is much easier to gain size due to the already higher-than-before number of nuclei.

this sounds more better.

This man here is correct now see?

You other guys misunderstand what "muscle memory" means.

Ignoring the misuse of "muscle memory", this is why the before and after photos for exercise and weight loss programs are bullshit. There are actors who bulk/cut who are hired for this effect to appear in the images.

this

also note that this works for cardio too. when i was 19 i did 10km a day, 5 days a week. i stopped jogging for five years and put on about 20lbs. when i decided enough was enough and headed out to jog again, i could still do 10k albeit barely, but it only took a few weeks to get back into the same pace as before.

Yeah dude i lifted for two years in college fucking around for most of them. Got close to 1/2/3/4 and quit.

Started lifting in late September this year after a two year break and im at 140ohp for reps, 295 squat, 195 bench, and 335 deadlift.
Gotta deload ohp and squat but bench should get to 225 easily, idk about DL since it's all grip atm.

You don't create nuclei unless you're on hgh. You just expand them which makes the muscle look bigger

How well does it work the other way? I'm having issues learning the snatch and clean and jerk.

Yes I have a coach.

This . Op doesnt even know what muscle memory is ffs

You don't expand the cell nucleus dumbass. You produce more of the same cell.

its like if you forgot your home phone number, you dont know what it is but once you start typing the numbers you brain recognizes the pattern

That's what we're referring to when we say muscle memory.

>you
>just
>expand them
>bro

where exactly did you study biology?

Can you inject nuclei for faster gains?

actually you do not produce more cells. hyperplasia does not occur. nuclei do not expand either. more nuclei are developed into the same cells. myocytes are multinucleated cells.