Holy shit why didn't I start deadlifts earlier?

holy shit why didn't I start deadlifts earlier?

>finally learn proper form
>put one plate yesterday
>do 2x5
>on second rep literally feel entire back muscles working
>and in the end EVEN MY NECK, I didn't even fucking know I had muscles there

there is no, and I mean, NO other exercise that has worked as many muscles at the same as the dead lift.

doing dead lifts should be mandatory for anyone signing up at the gym, even if you are an old lady.

>1pl8

>1pl8

>1pl8

faggots

>old lady

So I assume you're an old lady who hit 1 pl8?

bro if youve been lifting a while u can probs hit 2plates right now. then 3 soon after

that guy in the picture is using weird form though right?

no I am 25 years old, I started lifting 4 months ago on some beginners routine that didn't have deadlifts

I stayed consistent however and had some really good progress

I don't care about 1 pl8 etc, I know I will be hitting 2-3 plates in a years time, progress will happen no matter what.

Good for you, it's nice that you reached such enlightenment.

Deadlift is bestlift and there is no shame in 1pl8. My spooky skeleton friend just started going to the gym with me and he still can't even lift 1pl8 with proper form even though we have been going together for almost 3 months.

Op tell me how... I can't do. I hurt my lower back EVERY GOD DAMN TIME. I've seen countless v8ds by Mark tiptoe etc etc over and over still hurt my back. Only way I don't hurt it is if I go really really slow and do 1pl8. But I can bench 3 pl8 and squat 3 plight been lifting for 3 years. Wtf do I do.

Oh whoops. Good luck user

My back stopped hurting after I realized deadlift is a push exercise. Which means you gotta use your legs first to do the lift, and only use your upper body after the barbell has gone past your knees.

Also warm up, stick your chest up high and do it barefoot/with proper shoes. All of these helped me out.

It's just a sumo deadlift

Post a video of your deadlift and take the comments you recive seriously.

Either that or get a shit ton of massage done.

Do you stretch absolutely everything on a regular basis?

>just fucked my hamstring pulling 200kg for reps
End me

don't look up, look forward/down

sometimes looking up cant hyperextend your back

Hands way too close together.

>2-3 pl8 in a years time

Lift 2 pl8 the next time. Don't waste a year.

>25 year old male
>4months lifting
>1pl8
My 52kg skinny fat wife started out with sets of five with 1pl8.

You cannot consider yourself a man.

This
Before I lifted 2pl8, nothing felt even remotely hard. Don't fall for linear progression bullshit. Throw on another plate and see how you fare. If you've been lifting for 4 months your legs and back should be strong enough.

Thanks, I'll try that t9day. Also what's a good set rep range for me?

Go for 3 plate rifht mow idort

>doing dead lifts should be mandatory

>DLs 1pl8
>gives fitness advice

lol when i furst started as a skinny dyel i was 50kg and pulled 2 plates for reps. but i still cant squat 2 plates lmao

dude, from now until 3, maybe 4 plates, you could probably get away with adding a quarter plate every month or even every 2 weeks. hell, if you eat A LOT and recover extremely well, add a quarter plate after a week.

that's normal. your deadlift is usually heavier than your squat.

holy shit fit is so fucking deluded

He's been lifting for 4 months and we don't know shit about his routine. Don't tell this kid to throw another 90 lbs on the bar for the fuck of it.

OP, you're 25. You have all the time in the world - you'll progress faster than you think as long as you work hard.

you realize a lot high schoolers can pull 2pl8 their first time lifting, right?

this is why sports need to be mandatory in high schools, grown ass men shouldn't be that damn weak

>you realize a lot high schoolers can pull 2pl8 their first time lifting, right?
that's wrong and you know it

most high schoolers can't lift the bar

OP here

turns out my glutes have doms

what the fuck, even ASS WAS USED?

I'm fucking up my lower back and it aches from TBar Rows, so I'm even more worried about deadlifts. It does seem fun as fuck, just worried about snap city.

>deadlift is a push
U wot

>surprised that deadlift hits gluten
Jesus Christmas, lurk more before posting and stop giving advice

Yes. You have to squeeze your ass at the top to have a good lockout

That's absolutely bullshit. Having no weightlifting background I did 135 the first time I deadlifted. The next time I worked up to ~275.

Shit is fucking ez.

>most high schoolers can't lift the bar

... maybe in fuckin Ethiopia (if they have schools there). Or you know, China or some other genetic abscess.

>be DYEL skelly

>first day at gym

>deadlift 2pl8 as working set

WTF are you guys doing that makes you so weak that 2pl8 is not at least worth tryin as a start point

It's definitely a big pull, but activation of the legs through squat is an essential part of the beginning of the movement, indeed.

Sorry bruh. Gotta be wary with the legendary deadlift m8, even when you're confident with it and pulling a lot of weight.

>most high schoolers can't lift the bar
Primary school girls can lift the bar.

If you went through puberty and 20kg is actual weight for you, than you might as well quit, because you've achieved the end game of all anons. You are the little girl.

Try it light weight the first time to accustom your body to the exercise. Then give it a more serious whirl the 2Nd session and see how it goes. If you don't like it there are still so many other movements to use to reach your physique/strength goals.

False. The majority of male high schoolers who are 15+ can definitely lift the bar.
I was a skelly manlet in high school, who played no sports, and even I had no problem lifting only the bar ffs

>not realizing you're pushing the floor away from you
get rikity rekt son. Who's the dyel now?

>not realizing it's a pull because you're using your fucking POSTERIOR chain
Sweet Christmas i hate this jlboard

Because everyone else is like you lmao. I see it all of the time at my high school gym, most guys can't lift 1pl8 first try for a set. Most high schoolers are weak as fuck if you look at them now.

i recommend a chiropractor

So it's not a real deadlift?

If you're not reaping 4pl8 a year from now… you've got a case of fuckarounitis

>one (1)
>uno
>ein
> 一
> 하나
>pl8s

Can't make this shit up

after 4 months of training you should be hitting AT LEAST 2 plate dl, ffs it's not even that hard

So many programs say your work set should be 1x5. Is that really true? And that's what I've been doing - after a few warm up sets, just one set of 5 that I have to try so hard on that I literally almost pass out. I also worry that my form suffers as a result.

What would happen if I DL more volume at a lower weight? 3x8 or some shit like that?

Brehhhhs help.

Whenever I deadlift, the muscles on my lower back get really tight like they're extremely flexed. Sometimes from squats too. Am I doing it wrong? I can still lift normally though. I suspect it to be because I'm /anterior pelvic tilt/

1x5 programs are that way because they assume you are squatting on the same day and will be too tired for more volume.

If you aren't squatting that day (fuck squatting desu, deals are more fun) them you can do more volume. This would be good for form training too. Just don't expect to do 3x8 at the same weight you do 1x5

No she didn't you fucking liar. Also
>wife

If its the ones down by your glutes. Thats just a back pump from those muscles working in the set. If i get it i usually just go do a set of crunches. That helps

My spinal erectors

Maybe your body proportions make you a better canidate for sumo dls.

Yeah, maybe he's weak and can only do sumos

it's just a back pump. lay on your back and stretch out your lowback by bringing your knees to your chest at the end of your workout.

>Lift 2 plates like its nothing
>Try 3, grip fails and bar slips out if my hands
>Tfw strong everything EXCEPT grip

git gud

try mixed grip. try static holds.

there's really no excuse for your grip to hold back a leg/back lift.

Is Veeky Forums seriously this autistic? Silly question, I know, but look here niggers.

People start at different points, can we a least agree on that? Yes? If so, can we also agree that it doesn't really matter at what point you start as long as you're making progress, ok?

Ok then.

Been doing whatever those are called where you walk 50 yards with heavy dumbells, but little to no progress so far. Have yet to try mixed grip.

farmer's walks. i think of them more as a vertical plank, desu, but they're good for grip too i suppose. try out mixed, it might surprise you. if you need to, there's no shame in using a little chalk for your working sets/1RM's

No chalk at my school gym, and planet fatness is the only gym I can get to where I live or even afford.

>this DYEL who has been lifting for 4 months is telling me what exercises i should be doing
Lmao

go pick some up, it's cheap. or ask a teacher to borrow a stick of writing chalk, crush it up and put it in a sock. i did that in a pinch once when i lost one of my chalk balls.

Mixed grip is one ly for those that don't mind doing being a forearmlet

Just keep double overhand grip. It's the only way you'll make your grip catch up

I go to a uni, literally no one uses chalk

i'm sorry, i forgot that deads were a forearm exercise.

i do double overhand on my fuckoff sets. but if i need to lift some fucking weight off the floor for one rep, then i mix.

then order some from amazon? ask for some for christmas? it's like five bucks at academy sports and will last you a couple of years.

I'll probably do this, thanks user

Feeling a little threatened there, little guy?
Mixed is fine as an exception to the rule, but the previous posts in this thread indicated that mixed would be a fine way to do all pulls.

Same. I'm squatting 160kg after 12 months in the gym and only added Deadlifts 2 weeks ago.

I lifted 60kg and my back was fucking done. I had shitty form but it looks like I also just have an underdeveloped back despite all the squats.

I understand why it's the king of lifts- it has no room for weakness or poor form and it works fucking everything.

Also a deadlift shill now.

not threatened at all. just iterating what many lifters find to be a perfectly acceptable grip when doing deadlifts. it's not to say you still can't train forearms. this guy isn't saying he can't deadlift double overhand at all, just on max lifts. if you need to pull, you pull.

Interesting. I don't do both on the same day, only one or the other. I'll switch it up and try more volume on deads.

I've been noticing that on my OHP, I have trouble keeping my torso straight. I feel like I'm leaning back too much and almost turning it into an incline bench of sorts. I am thinking that if I can get more DL volume in like this, it would help with that.

Different problem entirely. OHP is all about core strength. If you try ito seated you'll notice it's much easier to stay upright because you have more leverage / shorter distance to keep uprightp

What are some good core exercises? Landmines?

It's weird, I've done 1pl8x5 OHP in the past, but I couldn't do it today. My core just can't handle it now for some reason.

Front and back lever progressions are bretty good core work imo and have the added benefit of maybe looking cool one day. You can find pdfs of the GST progressions on any torrent site

Dude T-bar rows make my back hurt too what's the fucking deal they work the muscles so well why does my spine hurt the next day only when I do T-bar rows pls respond.

Lmao u da bess boi

Please anyone it's just T-bar rows

been lifting for like 3 months now and I hit 100kg only recently, at 110kg now but 100kg definitely isn't as easy as Veeky Forums makes it seem for the average untrained gym goer.

>tfw was doing 70kg for working sets and it seemed heavy just a couple of months back
>now do it as my warmup

progress feels good man

Haha, fatass.

I believe in you user dont let the haters get you down just remember technique, consistency, and diet is the key to success

>and hes completely, 100% correct
Well would you look at that

>TFW> Back pumps kill your deadlift session.
>A few sets and your back is burning and you can barely walk due to a back pump with blood, oxygen and hormones

if you don't rep 5 plates within a year you're a pussy who should quit

This just means your a fatass fuck and need to kill yourself

not gonna make it

The fuck, I'm 59kg and am working out for about 5 months (started at 50kg), I can only squat 65kg, but I can easily DL 60kg for five reps.

How bad is it if I deadlift with this

More of a tool for post chain, and breaking through sticking points.

Cheap way to do farmer's walks too

>rikity rekt

How about rikity reddit?

60kg is 1 pl8 m8.

you all trolling me

1pl8 weighs 20kg retard (before they drill the holes ofc)

>60kg is 1 pl8
You count the bar?
1pl8 is 40kg (2x20kg plates)

fuck me, looks like new years started early :/
are you lifting the bar? yes...
bar = 20kg
1 plate either side = 40kg
therefore lifting one plate = 60kg

>1pl8 weighs 20kg retard (before they drill the holes ofc)

you fucking serious? are the school kids on holiday already