antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Books

The Naked Warrior - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/T/Ts/Tsatsouline_Pavel_-_The_naked_warrior.pdf
You Are Your Own Gym - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/L/La/Lauren_Mark_-_You_are_your_own_gym.pdf
Overcoming Gravity
Coach Sommers Mastering GST Series

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf
Some of these links don't work anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oknZg-EI8xZFVkemhWMWlkVDg/edit
youtu.be/9lSK2lV_YKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How the fuck did I manage to mess up the title of all things

Hey there! New guy here, just started getting into bwf. Thanks for posting this thread. I'd like to start a bw routine next week. Have any tips?

is doing just one press, one pull, one legs and one core exercise enough for gains?
currently doing chinups, learning freestanding handstand, doing a lot of jumping over shit for legs and hanging windshield wipers for core.

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Start off with that.
Feel free to modify it as you see fit.

In lifting, maybe. But not with bodyweight, unless you're a beginner. I'd recommend something like this

>Pullup progressions
>Pushup progressions
>Row/lever progressions
>One arm chin progressions or normal chins
>Dip progressions
>Handstand progressions
All of that at least twice a week. Pistol's, hill sprints and jumps are pretty much all you can do for legs.

Op here.
Investing in a pair of gymnast rings will be worth it. Ring dips, pullups, pushups, static holds etc are all great.

Bump.
Don't let this thread die lads.

Bump.
This is the best example of an achievable claithenics body.
He posts pretty frequently on this board and hopefully he'll get in this thread.

Antranik recommends a PPL routine. Every other routine I've seen does full body every session. What is best? Cuase Antranik seems to know his shit.

Personally I prefer and recommend PPL and do it 6 times a week. Full body is best for beginners or people short on time because when you're at an advanced level the exercises can be extremely energy sapping and could impact the rest of your workout.

You should put darebee.com on to the website list, it's not exclusively body weight, but most of the exercises don't involve any equipment.

I just don't have anywhere to hang them on desu

If you have a pullup bar then hang them from that and you can still do dips. If not a tree branch is an option.

Please keep this general going, it's a really good idea.

People need to actually post here if I am to keep it going.

I'm not sure where to do vertical rows.

I tried using a door, but my doorknobs can't handle it. I nearly broke them off.

Two chairs, broom handle or sturdy stick.

>tfw assisted wide grip pull ups with 10kg (I'm 70kg) 3x10, no assist can only do sets of 5
>do dips with 1 pl8 3x10
Why is pull up so hard brehs

I want to work on dips, pushup, and handstand pushup progression. That's 3 pushing movements, whats a third pull I can do, if I'm already doing pullups and rows? Would it be bad to just repeat pullups?

Do them more frequently.

Just add in some extra row or pullup variations

What does /bwg/ think of this?

I do PPL where I hit push and legs on the same day, M/W/F, pull and run on T/TH, I would switch them around but man I prefer dips.

Just add in a set or two of pullups at the end of one of your push days.

>darebee.com
No.
They just got milions of meme routines, but put in a nice graphical forms, so normies think it's legit.

How long does it take to learn a handstand? Currently I'm on diamond pike pushups 3x7 trying to progress to handstand pushups, but I never did a handstand in my life and I suppose I have to start practicing some time in advance.

Nice. I've missed this general.

PPL is better if you want to focus on being good at doing high reps, high sets of the few major exercises.
But full body workouts are fun and doing them with other people is a great way to pass time. It's a different type of workout as well, so mixing it up to give your body a shock therapy is a good way for enhancing your endurance.

The push up and plank progressions seem pretty weird and unnecessary.
The rest is cool, although throwing windshield wipers into a leg raise progression seems out of place as well.

R8 my body.

I only do bodyweight exercises.

I think about 2-3 weeks maybe a month. I went from zero to be able to stand for like 30 sec or make couple of steps with my hands. I'm not sure thou, it was around 10 years ago. Good way of practising handstand is agaisnt the wall. That way you can just gently push yourself from the wall to the hansdstand and holding it instead of constantly jumping from the ground and worrying about going overboard and falling flat on your back.

Is it me or are bodyweight people usually natty? pic related, this dude is one of the people I can trust are 100% natty.

>people usually natty?
My guess is yes, because they train for another reason. You don't to bodyweight for asthetics, gym works better. Same for strengh. You do it for mobility and that is rather hard to improve with steroids.

I think I remember this guy. He goes by fedoraboi on instagram.

Calisthenics makes you incredibly strong though.

But they are limited to the weight of your body, especially if we're talking about legs.
If your goal is strenght and/or looks, wightlifting is better choice. Progression is easier and there's no upper limit on strenght.

Hello yes thats me

I agree. He was always more health focused more than anything. He barely even trains now and he stopped putting up videos.

Fuck yea bro.
How long you been training?

A bit over 2 years but i did sports and stuff since i was 11.

I'm about a year in and was planning on starting to learn a planche and handstand but I fucked up my wrist and may have to get a cast on.
Feels bad.

5.5/10

Start training them as soon as you can.
I didnt want to bother when i first started training and i just started handstand training now. My handstand is at a beginner level despite me being advanced in exercises like dips.
I was a but intimidated by planche at first as well and started late at a beginner level.

any harsh downsides to skipping rows? actually, are there any downsides to doing only

pullups
pushup progressions
HSPU progressions
and L sit

because fuck everything else

Planche is gonna be a journey.
I play some contact sports and it's not unusual that I could hurt my wrist so that could set me back a bit. Being able to rep out handstand and planche pushups is an amazing feet of strength imo and I will gladly put in the work for it.

Please do rows man.
Your shoulders will end up internally rotated as all hell.
Add in dips to that list as pushups alone are not enough for chest.

is the pull up bar in his garage a diy?

No idea mang.

I have been skipping rows for months lol
Im gonna start doing them once i get a 1 arm chin up
Planche push ups are easier than you think. You dont really need a static full planche to do them

>Your shoulders will end up internally rotated as all hell

oh fuck i think this is happening to me already
how do you even do rows without weights? can i do them off my pullup bar?

Yeah you can.
If its a big deal buy bands and start doing facepulls and rear delt flies.

I always wonder if pic related is natty. I never looked up his stats, so I can't even guess.

Ahh dyel general

Somethings not adding up here...
Not saying I don't believe you but that seems a bit strange

To do a planche puah up you have to hold the top position with arms locked out(the hardest part) for a very short time, not even a splut second. Then as you go down that part is fairly easy compared to holding a straight arm planche.

Post your body with a timestamp.

Can you educate me more about streching?
What are some good routines? How frequent should I strech for optimal results? Any good split progression?

Look up some stretches.
I stretch the body part I just worked out at the end.

even when i was doing SL id skip rows
i just REALLY dont like them.

its even more of a pain in the ass to do them off my door pullup bar since its pretty much just doing a front lever

Google to find a stretch for said muscle.
You dont need to do much stretching to see gains. i think something like 1minute on said stretch everyday gave pretty decent range of motion gains.
And its not going to happen overnight. stick with it.

Two chairs plus broomstick my man.

Yeah theyre not the best imo. Ive akways prefered pull ups but its smart to do them.
I usually do them on dip bars and all you need is a solid tucked front lever(pretty easy to get) to be able to do them.

I hate rows with a passion

Thanks.
I hope there's just more on this subject. There's tons of information on muscle development, people arguing how much sets and reps, etc. However on streching I never saw anything more than "just strech after workout".

Gonna invest in rings soon so question, Im using a power tower right now, which isnt very tall, do rings need to hang very far to be effective?

Not a good idea tbqh
Your exercise selection will be limited although you can still do stuff like L-sits, dips and pull ups.

It seems that you like most of the people touching this subject fail to consider this: bodyweight isn't pullup, push up, dips, abs. When pull ups are easy, try muscle ups. Or the one thousands variation. Then there is front levers, korean dips, impossible dips, push ups on thumbs, planche, planche on thumbs, pistol squat. There's no limitation, as long as you're nkt braindead.
You don't fight your weight, you fight gravity, it's different.

Thing about setups like this is that they feel incredibly unstable

I guess I'm just a pussy

>You don't fight your weight, you fight gravity, it's different.
Technically you do weight = mass + gravity, but that's nitpicking.
Even with all variations you're still limited to your bodys weight and lever you can make with variation. Planche push up/handstand push up is probably as far as you can go with equivalet of bench press.
Plus you can't train quads for shit.

You gotta make do with what you got my man.

There are a lot of dip variations that will develop your chest more than planche push ups.
Also
>handstand push up
>bench press

Bump

He's right.

They're a great accessory though

>go to friend's house all the time to hang gymnastic rings off his balcony
>1st day of Christmas break
>spontaneously decide to build my own frame
>buy pipes and shit, spend more than a day building
>try a couple of muscle ups
>wobbly as fuck, feels like it would snap at any second
>bought pipe that's way too thin for very tall frame
>frame probably wouldn't last a month

I just went back inside and to think long and hard about my life decisions. Hold me, /bwg/.

>ha ha

Sorry to gear friendo

steroids lets any resistance crap rip you up

>gear
Meant hear. I am awful at typing with my phone.

>damn straight bother

yeah, even though he's like 21 he has a really hot russian wife and a kid now so he has to work I believe.

Does this count as bodyweight?

Antranik split routine, i do it almost every day

You still need to develop mass, how much time have you been doing bwg? Seems good proportion wise. Maybe more handstand pushups and core?

Thats dancing, and Veeky Forums never dances you fag

how do you work the spinal erectors with bw exercises?

Nigga y u givin up, just buy some bigger pipes and try again

He's probably not natty. He seems too shredded for his size. But I'm not completely sure.

>can't train quads
>what is horse stance

I just got my hands on a pair of very long and thick wooden planks. I'm going to try and reinforce that shit tomorrow.

I have been following this for the past 2 months:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oknZg-EI8xZFVkemhWMWlkVDg/edit

Is this any good? I'm in mid-progress with hands leading the pack, crow-stance around 1 min.

BW is really shit for spinal erector and posterior chain in globality. But its great for upper body strength

arch hold and arch rock(sometimes called superman hold and when holding gets easy you hold the position steady while rocking back and forth). arch-ups as well(reverse hyperextensions as well)

Skip to 5:37
youtu.be/9lSK2lV_YKY

This is a great way to do it.

Ab wheel and Planche training also hit the spinal erectors as well.

Opie here.
Thank you lads for keeping this thread going.
Check out Dan Jeong conditioning. Does primarily bodyweight training and is pretty jacked, great tutorials too.

this and reverse leg lifts as well which you can do by anchoring your chest somewhere lying face down and lifting your legs either together or straddled to make it easier at first.
this guy is a fag

>this guy is a fag
Nice argument there

Back levers
Press handstands
Glut ham raises etc

the argument was the former part of the post, this is merely a statement because what he said is simply not true

you can always repurpose the skinny pipes into a pullup bar/dip station and start again with thicker pipe

What happenned to the general on /asp/ ?

For half a year.