What's Veeky Forums's take on artificial tanning?

What's Veeky Forums's take on artificial tanning?

Good idea? Bad for skin? Will it turn me orange?

Getting banned in Europe due to cancer risk.

Enjoy your melanomas Amerifats.

Why would anyone think it's a good idea?

Melanoma - the only proven preventative measure for dementia. I'd stay off them mates, it's a slow and hard death.

Because I'm pale as fuck, I've been told I look like a vampire. Which would maybe be fine if I was blonde but I have dark hair.

Also I have red as fuck lips which is probably the worst thing about my face, I think tanning would make that less obvious. Not to mention shitty beard growth which is extremely visible since it's dark on pale skin.

Then you have the worst genetics for skin cancer risk and you will still look like shit if you use them. Just lift and don't dress like too much of an autist breh.

I'm thinking about getting a spray tan since it doesn't wrinkle your skin and I get moles and sun spots too easily

I do it in the winter, not extremely just enough to stay a little dark and keep my vitamin d up. Women are much more receptive and I feel pretty great.

I also lotion up a lot so my skin looks pretty good.

If only there were some way of getting sunlight on your body that didn't cost money

if you are pale you will damage yourself even more if you use tanning beds.

wait for summer, use protection and start slow on the sun. 20 min on the first day, then 25, 30 and so on. getting tan is like lifting; progressive overload. if you stay for too long you will only get burned and ruin your progress.

drinks lots of water to stay hydrated, eat carrots for that orange skin, shower daily and scrub off your dry skin. in about a month or two you'll have some great color.

Pls share if you think of something.

But there's no beaches where I live, let alone nudist ones.

Anyway I actually tried that last summer. Got a pretty okish tan on body after hours and hours, but nothing noticeable on face.

lol fucking EU nanny state, what a joke.

Does booth tanning even give you vitamin D?

Yeah, the UV radiation is what starts it so you get both uva and b the same as sunlight

you don't need a beach. take a towel, go out in nature and lay on some field.

People get orange from spray tans - not tanning beds.

All tanning beds aren't created equal... some people (who aren't interested in vanity) use artificial lighting for UV therapy.

The FTC is fucking this all up though... because of all the stupid fucking people using tanning beds for vanity.. and.or misguided research that UV light is always bad... they don't differentiate between tanning beds and nutritional therapy, even though there is a clear difference between the two.

Tanning beds are generally for faggots... but if you are trying to maintain natural Vitamin D, you get a pass.

>People get orange
eating lots of carrot will give your skin a more orange glow

Causes heart attacks.

Just enjoy being white and own it. Its an interesting look and you will find girls who are really into it.

Ever since true blood aired i unironically have strangers coming up to say i look like skarsgaard from it which definitely made me never try tan again.

beta carotene supplementation bro

i'm started at 30mg a day and it took about 6 weeks to get a slightly more tanned skin tone, now i've been on 60mg a day for the last month and my skin looks very a healthy orange, even had some family members call me out for using tanning beds

it absolutely does not make you 'orange' like some people suggest, and either way i'd rather look orange than pale as fuck

Yeah but you must be blonde and Nordic looking. Doesn't look so good with dark wavy hair.

>my skin looks very a healthy orange
>it absolutely does not make you 'orange'

This looks legit.

Im irish so yeah, but dark hair will look even more interesting in combination potentially. Skin colour fashion is totally dictated by tv and has for most of history been to be as pale as possible, go visit asia and they are dying to be white.

The point is you will feel stupid one day when you realize you've traded both your health, young skin, and unique look just to try and fit in with what tv is currently saying.

Be totally proud of who you are and look after your skin and trust me people will be attracted.

>i'm started at 30mg a day

in my country it is recommend to not go above 2.1mg, so that is pretty high

Where i live is racist so looking pale is best

ye i mean people say 'don't take that fucking shit bro you'll turn into an orange' implying that it gives you a ridiculously vivid orange skin tone, when in reality it just gives you a healthy tanned look

"One small raw carrot contains 8,353 international units of vitamin A, which includes 4,142 micrograms of beta-carotene"
One small carrot is 4mg of beta-carotene; 30mg is really not that high at all

I like looking pale af, it gives me that vampire look that certain 14-19 year old girls with daddy issues crave

when you're lightskin and have the perfect golden tone in the summer that catches mires from all races>>

>pale
>dark hair

this. just let winter go through and when you get dat summer golden whiteboi u gonna be getting so mired

Sounds like you could just eat carrots instead.

I tan because the radiation keeps away my acne.

Is this for real? Maybe I should try that too.

It helps my depression for about one hour after every session. Not sure if worth it but no stopping now. Buy an accelerator so you can spend less time and money.

What part of searing your skin sounds like a good idea to you?

If you ingest dairy relatively often, try cutting it.

enjoy ur cancer

i do but its hard to eat 16 carrots a day

>red as fuck lips
Please be in Kyoto.

>jews canĀ“t use the "le freedom" mantra to take advantage of the dumb goiym for profits by fucking with their health

The tobacco industry is coming down next hopefully