How long do you guys take for a work out...

How long do you guys take for a work out? I always see people saying it should be a full hour or some shit but even if I spend 15m stretching at the gym and 15m warming up on cardio I'd still probably end up 10m short of that unless I worked in every part of my body every single day. Are these people just doing 15 sets of every exercise or are they lounging about for 2m doing nothing after a set?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ss7AQC79t2s
youtube.com/watch?v=_dm0Ksl7isc
youtube.com/watch?v=QuVS0b3Cseg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 hour

but often I'll stay for 2 just because I have no life

>only an hour

holy shit if this stuff only takes an hour why am still sitting her fucking being a skelelord, here I was thinking it'd take like 2-3 hours a day

1 - 2 hours

> zyzz_with_a_beard.gif

bout an hour or so, volume day takes 2

your routine is probably shit
no workout should take more than 2 hours unless you're exclusively training arms for 8 hours

I usually do 2.5 hours. Do as long as you wish and are not overly exhausted.

Also, are you fucking serious? After 30 minutes of warmup and stretching you only need 20 minutes for your excercises?

Please post routine
Protip: you're doing it fucking wrong

90 minutes or so, but I go with a friend, so there's a bit of dicking around and time-wasting even when we're doing our sets while the other is resting. If we really try to smash it all out as quick as possible, it's closer to 75 minutes.

Incorrect
youtube.com/watch?v=ss7AQC79t2s
youtube.com/watch?v=_dm0Ksl7isc
youtube.com/watch?v=QuVS0b3Cseg

Well if you want to look like prime Austrian Oak Pumping Iron said he was 8 hours a day.

Usually I'll do 3-4 sets of 2-3 compound exercises, then the same number of sets of maybe 4-6 "of the day" things. For example arm day I'd do curls, rows, skullcrushers, soldier press, pull-ups, and what is apparently called standing rope forearm. Add in an area appropriate compound like bench press, and then every day compounds like deadlifts, squats for dat increased HGH,

4 hours a day (not on gear)

Train for as long as you want to train for.

The reason people say 'natties only need to train for an hour' is because, first hour, 90% of progress, second hour, 7.5%, third hour, another 2% progres, you get it.

But I enjoy lifting so there's no reason not to lift for twice as long (4 hours) and get that extra progress since I'm having fun d00d.

if you experience SYMPTOMS of over training, then yeah, train less lol

otherwise don't sweat it

> Are these people just doing 15 sets of every exercise

Yeah I do a shitload of volume, high rep range, lots of sets.

LOVE AS LARGE AS BRONTOSAURUS
PASSION LIKE A BLEEDING WALRUS

About an hour...

Used to go longer when I was into powershitting and lmao permabulk just cause it was fun

But now about 60-80minutes depending if I do cardio after lifts

2 hours on volume day and 1 hour for the other days and that's all with 5 minute rests, because i need that shit.

This. I roll out for 10 or 15 minutes, then do a few heavy sets of compounds followed by 2 or 3 accessories.

One muscle a day and 35 minutes at most, high intensity.

I think that's skimming a bit user

unless you're just starting and getting into the swing

2-3 hours, three times a week

~1hr per day 6 days a week.

I spend 1hr 10 mins probably with most of my lifts supersetted, including any assistance work, and I don't stretch either.

I used to take about 2-3 hours but that's because i was doing about 80% isolation exercises and 20% compound exercises along with 1 hour of pure cardio.

This, thanks Boris.

60-90 minutes, 4x/week.

wtf? yeah most people are at the gym from 45 minutes to an hour

Usually about 2 and a half hours daily.

I'm young and have a fuckton of energy. I also have no life outside of school and studying so I spend a shit ton of time in the gym

>this

90 mins average

Is it normal to be sore after 10-20 minutes? I start lifting and after 3-5 sets my muscles are shaky and I cant lift anymore.

i'm old, and i work out about an hour 3x a week. only lifting, no cardio.

I don't really time myself i just walk in and start working out and lose track of time i assume probably 1.5-2 hours, unless i have an anxiety attack in that case i just run out right that second

>ounging about for 2m doing nothing after a set?

>ounging about for 2m doing nothing after a set?

You don't rest between sets? Enjoy your no gains fgt.

He has to stay hydrated as well. Sip that water OP!

depends on the type of workout
a purist SS approach (only doing the main lifts) 3X5 would probably take less than an hour
After a while you'll need more exercises and higher volume (5X5)
But you can certainly get a lot done in 45 minutes

I'm doing SS and my workouts literally only take 20 - 30 minutes I'm concerned I'm doing something wrong. I'm seeing gains tho

I only lift 4x a week bro split aND do at most 30-60minutes. You fags are activating your cortisol almonds draining your gain working out so long.

Hade the same in the start as well but as the lifts got heavier I needed more rest time between sets and added accessory lifts. Got up over an hour then

30-40 mins of supersets

I look like shit though so probably don't do this

What accessories did you do? I'm doing chins on day A and dips on B.

I really hope you didnt fall for the fucking no curls / any kind of isolation meme

If you read the SS book even trippleshittits himself said to do em.

Never read the book I'm like a month in, I'm only planning on doing this for like 2 more months then switch to PHUL or something. That's why I'm asking your accessories so I can add them to my plan.

20 mins daily. Feel a lot less exhausted, and see better results than earlier

2.25 hrs

>15 min warmup
>1hr light olympic lifts (Im learning the techniques so far so I do a lot of reps of really light weights)
1hr heavy strength training (ex. Squats, deadlifts, presses, etc.)

How long are you taking for your rests, OP?

Rest times are highly dependent on goals. If you're a bodybuilder doing isolation then you're probably not going to need anything more than a minute. If you're doing your squat volume on the Texas method, taking 15 minutes during rests is acceptable.

When you start lifting moderately heavy weight, you start needing actual rests between sets. Used to be done in like half an hour, have found myself being in there for an hour and a half lately.

>PHUL after 3 months
DELET THIS

Once i got into the gym 30 mins before closing up and did almost everything that i set out to do which made me subconsciously aware that 30 mins is enough so now i can't make myself to do any more.

>can't lift any more
Self fulfilling prophecy

usually takes me 1-2 hrs depending on different factors. never anymore or any less than that

i'd say 1.5 hrs on avg

run 2 miles to gym = 15 minutes
sprints = 10 minutes
5-7 work sets + 2-3 warm up sets of main lift with ~1 minute rest = 20 minutes
3-5 sets of 3-5 other lifts with .5-1 minute rest = 20-40 minutes
shower = 5-10 minutes
walk home = 30-45 minutes

70 minutes is the quickest i do typically

Usually 1-1 1/2 hours

im only in for 40 minutes to 50 minutes because im skelly and dont wanna burn all my calorie away, also i do between 20-25 total sets just very small rest time.

I work out for 1.5 hours.