Muscle Memory/Retention

Hello all, Went training for the 1st time in 3 months today. I used to roid, but went in natural. I noticed I gained like 10-30lbs fat, but to my surprise kept 90% of my strength! I thought I would be a lot weaker. Is muscle retention/memory really that amazing?

Well, I have 90% strength, but my arms look a lot smaller, will they expand back up in time or?

Anyone know more of this subject? Have a happy Christmas bros!

I like Skyrim

I like robutts and yuri

stay natty and go strongstick mode

I like santa!

What the fuck are your lifts faggot?

At first I thought you were honestly lost, but then your post told me you've never ever lifted, much more roid.

I think you are lost faggot

>gained 10 to 30 lbs of fat of 3 months not working out
>this 'rough' estimation of what you gained

Ehh, 3 months isn't that long. Apparently you just ate yourself fat after you stopped going and now you go again. It's by far not long enough to lose what you gained.

Not vidya though.

Isn't muscle memory just you getting used to moving in certain ways so that you can move in those ways without thinking about it?

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door

The leather club's two blocks down

FUCK YOU

This is definitely the wrong place but.. the random number that I've always heard is that it takes 5 times as long to lose your muscle/strength than it does to build it.

Yeah, muscle memory is purely a brain thing.

But your body learns to retain muscles you've used in the past, I used to ride a bike a lot before, quit for like 5 years and started riding again and haven't really gotten worse.

Muscle memory is like learning fighting game combos and just reflexively using them.

Muscle memory isn't what you think it is, you're just using it as an excuse for blogposting

4pl diddy kongo
3.5pl squat
2pl bench
25lb curls

Not amazing feats, but was huge compared to one I started.
?

Berserk really looked like shit while it was starting.

>thinking of riding with those shit lifts

What's pl? like plates?

what the fuck is diddy kongo

not video games

good thread

3 months is nothing post roid. It takes about 9 months before you start realizing you're weaker.

The Last Of Us,

Speak English you fucking weaboo

yeah plates.
Oh crap. this is /v/. Now I understand why there is so much weaboo/creepy replies.

>diddy kongo
Jesus Im laughing way too hard what the fuck is a diddy kong

>Deadlift

you fucking idiot, those roids friend your brain

>tfw no roid friends

>tfw no roid friend (female)

fuck you famalam, i need to re-start going to the gym now

How long you been off for?

How efficient your body is can also impact this. Don't read too much into this, because I don't have any proof to back it up. Just a thought I was having. When doing a specific movement for the first time the body will not be able to use the muscles required efficiently. With repetition the body utilizes the muscles properly.

This strength isn't related to muscle gain, so if/when you lose muscle your strength doesn't drop that much.
However, at some point an individual will surpass what they can do with minimal muscle, and the strength beyond that point will be at stake if you lose muscle.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but those are my thoughts about the subject, and stuff I've heard from others. Might be a load of broscience, so take it with a grain of salt.