Anyone with a bum knee use something like this?

Anyone with a bum knee use something like this?
I have no meniscus left on one knee and it clicks uncomfortably under load.

You shouldn't use those until you reach 500 lb squat. Even then you're better off fucking off

As a powerlifter, I do enjoy using sleeves. They don't give any advantage in terms of weight, but my knees feel a hell of a lot better than a raw squat.

might as well. you're a knee scope waiting to happen, so you might as well tear it up while you're young.

>don't give any advantage

keep deluding yourself, cheater

Buy a pair of SBDs one size smaller than the size chart suggests for that compression fit

size down your knee sleeves and get one of your buds to help you squeeze them on whilst competing in the ipf

>sbd sleeves sitting in a gift bag
>literally five feet away
>can't open until christmas

my gf is so cool tho

i have shit knees from doing whatever, and 2m knee wraps allow me to leg press and squat with no problems.

just use duct tape, don't buy into that fitness gear jew

Did you ask for them or was it all her own. Regardless it's a cool of her.

she made me make a long list of shit that i need, and i've been hinting hard the past few months how much i want them. she's alluded to the fact that she got them for me, so i'm p stoked.

dumb question, but do these cut off circ in any dangerous way?

no. in fact, a colleague of mine researched blood flow restriction training and found that it markedly improves strength/size gains. and he was using near-tourniquet levels of resistance.

that's interesting, do you have a link to his research? or is it not published yet

>I have no meniscus left on one knee and it clicks uncomfortably under load.
Then you should not be doing squats, deadlifts, leg press, lunges, or anything else that puts a load more than bodyweight on your legs, not unless you have permission from whatever doctor you're seeing about your knees, otherwise you'll just start grinding down your bones and become a cripple. That knee brace won't do shit to help you either.

it's not published. suffice it to say, he was hospitalized for some crazy gastroenteric shit, lost a ton of weight and managed to get all of his lifts and mass back in like 8 months while he was doing his research.

also, it's not like you're wearing the sleeves to bed at night. it's like thirty minutes, 3 days a week.

pretty sure if I drink enough milk I'll be aight. Actually I was told by the radio tech for an unrelated xray that I had some wearing, pretty sure that means the meniscus is gone. Doctors will pretty much always tell you to play it safe but I'm not in any pain and I keep it pretty light. I'm inclined to believe the wrap won't really help though

that's called occlusion training. it's well known. but not to this board because who talks about training on here

Is it a good idea to wear those things at work if you have a physically demanding job and your knees get sore?

can't blocking your veins give you an blood clot?

that's not the point of the sleeves in the OP. or really any sleeve you'd wear for lifting. and again, it's compression for like a half hour a few days a week. you're more likely to get a blood clot from wearing overly-tight business socks 8 hours a day, five days a week.

what's the point of the op sleeve?

knee sleeves yes, knee wraps fuck no it'll make them so much worse

compression for support to the knee.

the only reason i mentioned occlusion training earlier is because everybody freaks out when they think about putting on anything tight. if anything, whatever restriction in bloodflow would be an unintended benefit. you're not going to get a blood clot wearing a neoprene knee sleeve a few days per week.

alright, but if I stroke out I'm gonna be pissed

you suck cock for a living?

Your one of those weak fags who wears black shorts, white t shirt, cheap runners and is weak as fuck eh?

so how deep is your lmao1pl8 squat?