Why aren't you eating a pomegranate after your workout, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you eating a pomegranate after your workout, Veeky Forums?

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160711120533.htm

>They discovered that a molecule in pomegranates, transformed by microbes in the gut, enables muscle cells to protect themselves against one of the major causes of aging.

>Older mice, around two years of age, showed 42% better endurance while running than equally old mice in the control group.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/f54AG18Q
jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2481.long
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They look disgusting

So that's your excuse for not wanting to maximize your gains?

you're never going to make it

How many do I have to eat a week?

>tfw allergic to raw fruit

can I just drink the juice? I can handle that shit

I'm not a mouse

I eat one or two a day they're one of my favorite fruits, it's fun to take all the seeds out and then eat them by the handful.

REMINDER THAT OP DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING READ HIS OWN LINK

>Before heading out to stock up on pomegranates, however, it's worth noting that the fruit doesn't itself contain the miracle molecule, but rather its precursor. That molecule is converted into urolithin A by the microbes that inhabit the intestine. Because of this, the amount of urolithin A produced can vary widely, depending on the species of animal and the flora present in the gut microbiome. Some individuals don't produce any at all. If you're one of the unlucky ones, it's possible that pomegranate juice won't do you any good.
>however, it's worth noting that the fruit doesn't itself contain the miracle molecule, but rather its precursor.

you may put the pomegranate down

You need to eat the whole seed in order to get the full nutritional benefit.

one a day

Yeah? I know what pomegranates taste like I don't need to eat them again

But we have microbes in our gut.

Yeah but we don't know which specific bacteria makes the conversion needed for the effects to happen. It could even be converted by multiple bacteria, they should really find that out first. From there, people can just take the right probiotics and they'll get the desired effects when eating pomegranate

Precursors can still lead to results that the article is talking about. Like how stem cells are precursors to muscle, nerve, epithilial, etc. cells. Although possibilities are varied, you cant rule out the result of interest wont happen.

their sweet but bitter
literally like a dessert
the fuck is wrong with you

Now to interpret studies you find summarized in clickbait articles, a handy guide.

Step 1: Ctrl+F "mice"
Step 2: If it was done on mice, ignore it because it almost certainly has no relevance to humans

Pomegranates are delicious but get real.

Pomegranates are expensive.

no they aren't

They're tasty as fuck and a great snack because it takes a little effort to eat them.

>spooky gut things

neat

though not exactly worth of my spooky gut bin

pastebin.com/f54AG18Q

t. armchair retard whose biology education ended in high school

jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2481.long

>not just biting the seeds straight off
pleb