Heart health?

My resting heart rate ranges from 65 - 75, I want my heart to be as low as possible, seeing to how heart failure is how most people die when they're older. anyone know anything about cardiology here? I take omega 3s daily. What else can i do to ensure a healthy heart?

Start by learning the other indicators of heart health.

You can have a Lance Armstrong tier rate and still die from heart related issues.

More cardio, more fiber, more veg and fruit, less salt, less saturated fat

That's true, I guess Im just interested in having as healthy of a heart as possible. Anything cardiac related I want to know.

it's purely genetical. my grandma never exercised in her live, smokes a pack every day and she is now 90 and in perfect health
there is nothing you can do you either won the genetic lottery or you are fucked and your only hope is scientific advancement

jump rope hiit 3-5x a week got my heart rate into the low 40s

>tfw can't do jump rope or other forms of my favorite hiit so i only do liss now, haven't done that in 2 months and resting hr is 90 bmp

Fibre is good, is there any specific cardio routines for heart health? Or just get on a damn Treadmill or bike? Fuck veg is where I struggle. I hate vegetables.

Do you really think "purely genetic" is the right way to describe it? Even if it comes down to 80% genetic, 20% upkeep, anything I can do to keep my heart healthy I'm down to do.

I'll give that a try for 2 weeks and I'll report back. Thanks bub.

>heart healthy
there is nothing you can do except not being fat and jogging couple of times every week
and obviously don't juice

Homemade soup can help you get used to eating more. Just make sure you drink the broth, half the things you'll want from veggies are water soluble.

And don't smoke, and eat a heart-healthy diet

If you want low heartrate then you just wait for about 60 years, after that the technology will be advanced enough to give you 0bpm, i guarantee it

What are the most Veeky Forums approved veges? Just anything green and from the ground?

I can get 0bpm right now if I get a gun lul

Feels bad man I want to live forever is that too much to ask for?

>>Feels bad man I want to live forever is that too much to ask for?
You were literally born only several decades too early to be around when the science manages to halt the aging process in humans

>I want to live forever

Telomeres came by to tell you to go fuck yourself.

But why would you want to live forever?

If they can halt aging surely they'll find a way for age reversal to become a thing?

Because i love life and I have a great life, and the thought of dying scares the hell out of me. I know you can say "you just stop existing" but thats terrifying as well. I want to stay here as long as possible.

Of course they can but by the time the can halt aging you will be already dead for about 30 years

>forever

Unless you've already been alive forever that's impossible

Hey man I have relatives who are in their 90's. I'm 21, if I can make 7 decades with a ton of cash, a healthy ass body I can make it man.

I may not have been around since time began but I want to be around until it stops.

infants born 20 years from now will MAYBE make it, anyone alive today 99.99% won't.
In fact, even after the technology will be invented most people will still be fucked because it won't be a magical pill, it will possibly be something like a dialysis that is incredibly expensive and you have to do it like every week for it to work and only the richest fucks will be able to do it

>Because i love life and I have a great life, and the thought of dying scares the hell out of me.
This triggers /fit9k/

I dunno man. Sort of like how the brain can't comprehend it's own non existance, we can't truly visualize eternity/forever. All the time in the world, and more after its end, don't you think you'd eventually get bored at best/absolutely insane at worst? Then you just suffer because you can't end it anymore.

Please dad don't say this. I heard age pausing technologies will begin around the 2040's, was I rused? Did I ride a ruse cruise?

Merry Christmas bro.

My grandma is like 99 or a centurion I think aND she lives alone in her home in mexico. Not richange either. Walks and talk fine. Raises her own chickens. Don't think cash has much to do with it as much as genetics and health

>begin around the 2040's, was I rused? Did I ride a ruse cruise?
Literally nobody can tell you with any larger accuracy. It is possible but unlikely. It's literally impossible to know for sure.
>tfw too intelligent to think i can predict tech advancement with high precision
nobody can
you can simply guess and if it happens you got lucky

>people in the 70's and 80's believes a Jetson future and h9ver cars would be a thing in 2000'some. Boy were they wrong. We got VR tho. I'm hoping g I can upload my brain to a computer at least. But I'm not betting on immortality yet

I'd rather be bored than die man. The unknown of dying terrifies me. I'd rather have the choice of dying than not have any choice at all. Doesn't that scare you? Just not existing? How do you cope?

I think it'd be really interesting to have a coffee with her. She was old enough to witness WWII, the cold war, the Cuban middle crisis, I bet she has some stories.

>Tfw too intelligent to predict tech advancement with high precision

Feels bad man. My mind is occupied with more important things.

Huh that could really be a thing eh? Loading your brain onto a computer. Any scientific discoveries about that you know about?

is 115 bmp good while going 3.5mph on a treadmill?

>I'm hoping g I can upload my brain to a computer a
That would be completely useless.
It's like a creating a clone of your self, it would be a different person who is simply identical to you.
If you clone yourself and then kill yourself, you (the YOU you care about) will still be dead.
Same goes with uploading your mind to a robot, it won't be you only a copy of you.
You can replace your entire body with robo parts but you are forced to keep your brain since that is where your essence that makes you you resides and your brain won't last forever.
The only way around this is to have nano technology such as nano robots repalce your brain slowly by mechanical parts while it is fully functioning so that way you will end up with synapses made out of synthetic non degradable material and be actually immortal, and avoid they copy issue. But we are literally hundreds of years away from that, possibly even thousands.

Can you give me your rope hiit routine? I run twice a week but fucking hate it.

Also my current pulse is 62-65. I smoke, drank 2 cups of coffee earlier and am bloated/hungover from xmas yday.

I don't manage my diet too much, all I do is make sure I don't stuff myself or eat too many calories a day.
But I do run 3 times a week, and my resting heartrate is 55.

I mean only the dead know what it is to die.
So it may not be as scary as you think but then again it could be.
You'll never know until you die.

I guess you're right. Are you spiritual or are you an atheist user?

There's a video gayme called SOMA that basically mind fucks you with that concept.

You're dead no matter what you do, upload your brain to a computer?, the original you is still there, but now there is another you, which one are you?

>Doesn't that scare you? Just not existing?

Don't get me wrong; I absolutely am. I can't wrap my head around my conscience just ceasing to be, that my memories will become pointless, but most of all never being able to be with my family again, not even in "spirit." But that's only natural, brain can't into nonexistence when it's only known existence, and panicking about the thought of dying as an evolutionary mechanism to try to stop yourself from dying as long as possible.

I cope by not thinking about it very much, it's pointless to try and think you can extend it with some miracle cure if you're not a scientist, and having it on your mind everyday will lead you to become insane, which drastically lowers the quality of your life/overall health. Also, I really believe living forever would be worse, at least in this universe; if you do all there is to do and have all that time to think it would be torture for me.

Do you have a dog or cat? Look at how much longer your lifespan is than theirs, 15-20 compared to your 80-100. To a bee you're like an immortal deity. Though I complain about wanting some better circumstance than now, I feel blessed to be born a human, long lifespans, the most advance mind in the world and a body that beats out the other animals in endurance + 1st world country. Out of all the things you couldn't been born as, you got a brain that can truly love its relatively long life, so love it for as long you can.

>SOMA
Yeah i know that game. The one problem i had with it was that the main character was a fucking retard. It's not like the grill lied to him and tricked him into copying his mind, willingly leaving his behind to die. She very clearly explained to him how the process works multiple time and yet he was still like "waaaaaaaaat you didn't tell me anything about that you lying bitch" even during the ending after he had already done one fucking transfer before he was like "waaaaaaat it happened AGAIN?!! no waaaaayyy" holy shit... that kind of ruined the vibe for me..