Why does this board hate isolation exercises so much?

Why does this board hate isolation exercises so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.chaosandpain.com/wimz-headed-to-the-club-arent-the-only-ones-who-should-accessorize/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because people on here like to believe they are superior to "bros" by only doing compounds

Cuz fit r fat lazy bstards
Being a bro is best in world
Curl everything u find in ur way
Curl it faggot! Curl that shit!
Nothin gets more girls then big arms n chest.

Because the compounds are more important, do isolation after compounds breh

I see a lot of people using isolation exercises. Compounds take care of most of the muscle groups, and isos pick up the slack. Some people do like, 40 different isolation exercises in a week, though, and it's kind of a waste of time

Because the majority here does fullbody cuckshit and SS/SL

A bunch of beginners read a book and are suddenly experts on lifting.

Reminder to look good all you have to do is use heavy ass dumbbells and do isolation exercises.

Because they are a waste of time.

Ever since I started doing bicep isolation, my arms got fuckhueg.
They're not a meme.

t. fatty

You just found out something that is literal common sense.

Because most of this board is a bunch of aspiring powerlifters and weightlifters and as such don't care about isolation exersises when they can accomplish all their goals by simply using barbells.

All lifters and coaches ever will have to disagree.

And yet every powerlifter and weightlifter worth their salt uses isolation exercises to bring up weak points after their main work. Not doing isolation work is a new "trend" that started from the shitty routines that got popular and their respective progenitors.

That's not how weak point training works.

They still use barbells and variations of the main lifts with equipment that may allow supramaximal weights in order to hit that week point. They're still compound movements, just with a a shorter range of motion.

?

This is also a very ineffective way to spend your volume. If your weak point in the bench are the shoulders, dumbell shoulder press will work better than OHP because it is a more effective way of building shoulder hypertrophy.

>Nothin gets more girls then big arms n chest.
Confidence, social skills, acuity, low bodyfat, articulation, etc
Core and upper body help though

>articulation

You mean being articulate.

Articulation is literally just saying some words.

How to get girls (fool-proof):

1. Make money
2. Use money to buy good clothes
3. Travel/have outdoor hobbies
4. Post the photos from 3 on your Facebook/Instagram
5. Ask some of them if you want them to join you

So hard.

Isolation exercises means more time and effort in the gym.

Fatties here chose SS and SL because they wanted to get in and out of the gym as fast as possible.

Isolation exercises are important, but to any good routine, it should be a supplement for muscle groups that might be lacking after compounds are done. The hate is at people who think isolations alone are good enough to replace heavy compounds. They don't, or at least, it's very inefficient to do so.

Tldr, isolations are useful, but they shouldn't be the end all main focus of any program focusing on getting you swole.

Not everyone here is a bodybuilder. Unless you are, isolation exercises aren't terribly useful.

You can get by without them just fine and you'll be saving a lot of time in the gym or save yourself from buying gimmicky stuff for your home gym and still make gains. However, if you want to focus on certain muscles like shoulders or arms for example or want to maximize your strength potential in the compound movements, you better do isolations.

Maybe in some cases. I do a lot of isolation stuff cause lifting is fun and I have the time for it. I imagine others might be a bit strapped for time? Or fat.

blog.chaosandpain.com/wimz-headed-to-the-club-arent-the-only-ones-who-should-accessorize/

This is from a guy who was a world-record holder. Stop being lazy.

Maybe irrelevant, but db shoulder press is not an isolation excercise.

Isolations are great for supplementary work. But if all one is doing are isolations, then thats a waste of time.

The only pure isolations I do are ab rollout, bicep curl and lying pullovers.

I doubt most people here hates isolation. They just dont like excessive amounts of isolation exercises.

Isolations cover what comounds doesnt do.

>supplementary work
That's what I said. You do your practice with the big lifts and then use the isolation work for weaknesses/hypertrophy. Solely doing isolation is retarded.

>lying pullovers
As in dumbbell pullovers? The fuck are you talking about isolation.

Did I say they are useless?

I think curls are useful as well as some other isos. They are totally incomparable to compounds.

If you think they are in any way essential, look at Sheiko, Russian Bear, TM, 5/3/1 etc and then get back to me.

Sheiko has lunges, flies, direct ab work and direct tricep work. Do you know why? Because using isolation for sport-specific hypertrophy is not useless, it is actually beneficial to your big lifts.

Because this board is full of chunky dyels who scoff at bodybuilders while they dribble milk down their chin and quarter squat 4pl8

Also which 5/3/1? BBB/Triumvirate isn't the only way to run the program.

>But if all one is doing are isolations, then thats a waste of time.

There are guys who get fit as fuck (perfect ottermode) with only dumbbells

I actually do bro split

>No matter how much weight I curl with my biceps don't grow
>Start doing weighted chin ups
>Bicep growth goes through the roof.

Senpai?

>No matter how much weight I curl with my biceps don't grow

Pick the weights where you can only do max 10 reps and you will see results

Because people refuse to bro splits work even tough they do

This.

Realistically if you want to build mainly bigger biceps you should do biceps curls and shit even 5 isolation exercises to the point when your biceps is literally dead and shit will grow up.

Not fucking Squats or bench press.

>Comparing isolations to compounds
getting real tired of this fucking MEME.

Want a bigger upperbody? do bench press.

Want bigger biceps? Do curls.

Isolation builds a specific muscle, do of you want to get bigger everything do compounds. If you want to build one muscle group up to the rest of your body or make it stickout do isolation.

>book
more like the 'sticky'

I don't really mind them. I do 1-2 isolation exercies for biceps on my pull days and occationally I do chest flies on push days.

I just really makes me think when I see all, and I mean fucking every single one, of the skinny teenagers in the gym around here basically only doing cable flies and 4 variations of bicep curls.

because it reminds them of their own social isolation

>a roidhead on the Internet is more of an expert than Rip-a-tit and Starr

Not true. Powerlifter here and we do curls, lateral raises and other isolations

You will get farther in your physique goals by listening to roidheads than Rip.

The oft-repeated advice on Veeky Forums is for DYELs to follow SS or SL until they can even move enough weight for their physique to be relevant.

Rip's own book, PP, lists several assistance exercises once you get past novice programming. So, to the extent this is an argument between compound and iso, even Rip eventually has you doing a couple.

If this is another lame bodybuilder versus powerlifting thread in disguise then yes, you're right.

Telling a bunch of neckbeards to do 4x8 or 10 on 50 exercises when they can't even deadlift 100 is stupid too.

Yep. I do 8-10 curls. It's time to add 5 more lbs when I can do 12 reps

>Lunge
>Isolation
Wanna know how I know you don't even lift?

And nobody recommends that, retard.

> dumbbell = isolation
Kill yourself.

>every person who lifts is an expert in exercise science
Nah, it's people who are book smart who are probably just covering

Look man, from all of the time I have been here and other online forums where SS/powerlifting has been shoved into people I have only seen fail when it comes to physique goals/aesthetics. This isn't bodybuilding vs powerlifting because both are awesome in their own right but one is specifically designed to make you look better.

For the record, no I wouldn't advise that but I also wouldn't put such big of an emphasis on raw numbers because they mean shit when your goal is to have a big back.

Forgive me for not being a book worm, you know exactly what I meant.