How fucked am I with Pectus Excavatum this bad? I have problems running long distance (run out of breath)...

How fucked am I with Pectus Excavatum this bad? I have problems running long distance (run out of breath), could this be a factor?

Kinda looks like mine did.
Fix your posture, bench
Are you not aware that everybody runs out of breath running long distances?

dude yours isnt even that bad

swim

>get out of breath running long distances
fucking autist, everyone does

Id worry more about those gorilla nipples of yours

>tfw run out of breath running short distances
check your privilege

Had surgery for this condition on the 2nd of August. AMA

post before and after comparison

Don't have pics from before. When you got a hole like that in your chest you don't get too keen on taking shots like that. Deepest point was about 3-4cm though.

brown nipples not even interested in hearing from you

OP i have PE and pink nipples

I knoe that pheal

Why did you have a hole in your chest?

Exact same reason as OP. Excess rapid growth of the ribcage starting from when you are 13 forces the ribs to either concave inwards or outwards. 1 in 300 people develop this condition.

In my case I had 25% less heart capacity and reduced lung capacity. All fixed now, feelsgoodman.

how much worse was your case than OP's case? What did the surgery entail

What's wrong with my nips, senpai?

I'd say my case used to be as bad as OP's. The more breast tissue you have the deeper it looks. You can't really train it away. I tried that long enough.

The surgery performed on me is called the Nuss Procedure. It involves inserting a custom bent bar inbetween and under the ribs and then flipping it around, pushing the sternum outwards. The bar remains there for 3 years. The recovery is very long and very painful, but more than worth it. After 2 months I didn't need painkillers to sleep anymore. Now I'm at the gym every other day since 2 months to speed up my recovery, It hurts like hell the first month but it's going pretty good right now. Also you're not allowed to peak for a year.

so they basically put a barbell inside you. thank god for medical science.

Jesus, how much did that shit cost? And as someone with experience, you think yours and OP's cases are both pretty extreme?

Yours is not even bad bruh make some chest exercises and you're good to go, me on the other hand not only have slightly pectus but I also have flared false ribs i look like damn smeagol if I get my posture right

Do you count the weight of that bar when you squat?

Kek

Dutch health care made the procedure completely free! All I had to pay for was the huge supply of a variety of painkillers (about €150 total) I'm not sure what the costs would be if it were done elsewhere, but I think it's worth whatever price you have to pay. It's not just cosmetic. Words lack to describe the feeling of being able to breath deeper, feel your heart pound like never before and to feel your body using muscles you never new you had due to a new chest shape.

I'd say mine and OP's cases are considered average. I've seen worse and with that come higher risks at later ages.
As for , flaring is present in almost all cases of pectus excavatum, and mine as well. You can't simply train your pecs and lift the sternum up. If this we're possible I would have never chosen to sacrifice more than 6 months of my life trying to become my old self again. The flaring however can be significantly reduced by working the core a lot. I've seen improvement already over the last 2 months.

Its 1:30am over here. If this thread stays alive til tomorrow morning I'll be able to answer more questions

>lmao1bar
>stabilizers, not nitrile wire

Feel sorry for you bro

Pic related, its my barz

here
It was around 80k. Plus another 14k for removal, insurance covered most. Out of pocket was about 8k.

As much as I respect people who undergo the surgery to fix it I think it's completely unnecessary unless it really bothers you or if it's an really extreme case, if your case isn't extreme take Chris Evans for example, work out and it almost fade away

>it's completely unnecessary unless it really bothers you
Nice coping mechanism there bro, enjoy looking like a mutant

>I think its completely unnecessary
>diminished lung capacity
>heart valve prolapse
Sure.

This isnt something you fix with doing more chest exercises. I've seen guys with severe pectus and big pecs, it doesnt look any better until they get bars put in.

one of the chambers of my heart was almost completely crushed so yeah it's definitely necessary in a lot of cases.

you have the same thing as me

hair makes your nipples look bigger

i just shave around my nipples and they look normal

My pectus is similar, but not as concave as yours. Building more pecs does make ire more pronounced however. But it hasn't seem much more realistically since I've also been trying to work on my posture which may be helping.

My breathing hasn't suffered, but I would be concerned with any possible heart issues.

But seeing it to be around 8k out of pocket would seem a bit pricey unless there was a genuine medical issue that need to get resolved drastically.

Was there anything you could tell or noticed relating to that?

I don't really know if I'm just shit at pacing exercise/breathing or if it's caused by my chest. I guess next time I go to my doctor I'll just ask her about it.

I agree that 8k out of pocket (+6 months of recovery time) is definitely not worth it unless I know for sure that it's an actual issue.

I have pectus carinatum. It drove me insane when I was 13-16, then I started swimming and stopped sleeping on my side. As I grew it went away, but as a kid it was really deformed and it made me hate the way I looked. Tough stuff for a kid but now I am a man

how do you guys even know if your lung capacity or heart is affected by this condition? I have PE but I don't feel any less able to run long distances and I've never experienced obvious heart condition symptoms.

forget your pectus, your gyno is terrible

i used to think i had this but turns out i must have
some other shit..i always have these dents on both of my pecks?
this photo is quite old and now that im bigger
they are still there even though my chest is larger the dents remain

the only time ive ever seen it before was on young zyzz pictures and his seemed to go away

When running long distance, make sure you run in the breath because then you'll never run out of it.

jv

I'd trade my gyno for this shit anyday to be honest

Pectus brah

Go to a doctor, they will tell you if you're at risk, and if you are there are scans and test and shit they can do to find out.