Anyone else read between sets?

anyone else read between sets?

i know that this image is generally associated with satire posts, but recently i moved from listening to Brookings Instutite podcasts to reading between my sets. People look at me funny but it is pretty good desu.

>dropping your sweat on paperbacks

this isn't vietnam, there. are. rules.

not only that what kind of fugazi braniac wants to be beathing deep and panting like a hyena in heat while trying to read print?

>podcasts
How about this instead: you go to the gym, do your work, spend a REASONABLE amount of time between sets (1-2 minutes) so as to not tie up equipment any more than is necessary so other people can get their work done, then leave and go home and listen to your little podcasts or read your little books and shit there, where you're not in someone else's way? A public gym is not your private playground, other people pay the same amount of money to go there, and I guarantee you most people have better things to do with their time than to wait while you fuck off for 10 minutes between sets so you can finish a goddamned chapter.

Now get the fuck out of here and stop being a faggot.

Yes. During the 3 weeks prior to finals I'll bring flashcards with me and do them between sets.

>Not reading in the sauna after your workout

You're missing out, Veeky Forums

i browse Veeky Forums and /pol/ between sets

I used to, but I realized I wasn't really absorbing much of what I was reading.

Now I just stare at my phone waiting for my timer to go off so I can do my next set.

i listen to audio books during lifting

Only audiobooks. It's actually pretty great ngl

If you can bring a frigging book to a sauna, then it's not a sauna.

Parhain terveisin: Finland

I go to my gym at 4 in the morning. There's literally 2 or 3 people there and none use the equipment that I do.

What's your fucking problem?

audiobooks are a good idea, i might try that soon.

saddening post honestly dude

Audio books are pretty good, probably the least degenerate degenerate way to absorb literature.

>ascension tier
Recited by skilled and experience orator.
>god tier
recitation by unskilled orators, best done as collective
>great tier
Reading out loud
>good tier
Subvocalization
>acceptable tier
Audiobooks read by humans
>degenerate tier
Reading quietly
>irredeemable subhuman tier
E-reader robot voices
Speed """"reading""""

>1-2 minutes rest

You out yourself as a DYEL faggot so easily.

what

i assume by "reading quietly" you mean regular reading? how is that a degenerate way to absorb literature?

is Veeky Forums on some post-modern meta ironic shit i can't keep up with

You literally cannot parse or enjoy neither prose nor verse unless you can hear and feel the shapes, sounds and the phrasing of the words and sentences.

Books themselves are of course degenerate, and reciting poetry from memory is really the only true way literature can be art, but we work with what we've got.

tfw to intellient to read

Is it autistic to read pic related between sets?
I read a little bit about different dinosaurs, then I like to imagine I am that dinosaur in a set. For example, I might read about some kind of small bird like dinosaur before I do lateral side dumbbell raises, so I can pretend I am flapping my prehistoric wings, that will soon evolve into full fledged bird wings, or I might read about a raptor type dinosaur before doing planks and I can pretend my 'razer blade claws' are digging into the ground and balancing me. I fucking love it, read the first edition for years and when the 2nd came out in October decided to put it into my workout

user... have you been diagnosed?

you're not immersing yourself enough unless you also do dinosaur noises as you lift

I growl lightly, not goign to fucking roar like some autist though. If its a big dinosaur I just make birdsong noises which is relevant but not weird.

tfw cant read

You can read any classic book you like on your phone between sets and not look like a showoffy contrarian

hey there socrates

i did at my uni gym. usually poetry, short stories or something small and light with short sections i could read inbetween sets. prob looked like a fool but i read everywhere since i'm a slow reader. can't do audiobooks, always end up zoning out.