Protein hype: shoppers flushing money down the toilet, say experts

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/dec/26/protein-hype-shoppers-flushing-money-down-the-toilet-say-experts

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

precisionnutrition.com/rr-whey-too-much
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20614926
nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-9-48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut up you frick

>eating more protein than they need
lmao. yeh but not everyone is trying to get fucking jacked u faggot dietitians with ur recommened 50g protein per day bullshit.

of course like 50kg girls and 60-80kg twinks don't need all that much protein, especially if they don't really lift.

Meanwhile, I weighed 110kg this morning after a big shit so I probably need a bit more than what they do.

Know a guy doing starch solution, which means 80% carbs, and he's fucking huge

>Weetabix, Shreddies, Mars, Snickers and Batchelors Cup a Soup were among the brands that launched enhanced protein versions this year.

People are self delusional, they want to believe they're eating healthy food when they're eating junk.

I know a guy's who eats nothing but gluten-free bread and walnuts and he's 255lb, 8% bf.

>tfw 81kg today while cutting

does this make me not a twink

People who dont lift doesnt need whey. The problem is that even runners and ladies who do 10 000reps of lunges use whey. They dont need it.

Whey is a tool to make sure that you hit your protein goal intake. And is supposed to be used with the meals which are lowest in proteins.

90kg is the bare minimum to not be a twink.

Protein is meant to build muscle. Excess of protein is only used for increasing your musclemass. A person of 80kgs can maintain with just 60g of protein per day. Unless all you eat are cheetohs, you're gonna meet those requirements.

Depends on your strength and height
If you're only 5'8" I suppose you'd be pretty big at 81 kg

aw i'm 6'2

i will make it my new years resolution to not be a twink

> the gaurdian
> studies only apply to fad diet normies
> no mention of bodybuilders

6/10 bait

building muscle takes time. you keep doing it and you'll make it eventually. I don't know why you're cutting though.

>I don't know why you're cutting though.

rugby preseason starts soon and I wanted to be lean to be ready for the rediculous amount of running i'm going to have to do to get conditioned, as well as not fat before I actually start putting fat on. In retrospect it was probably a really bad idea and I could have just maintained.

Probably right, but I don't mind more protein rich products readily available. I only ever use powder protein when I'm on a cut, otherwise it's piss easy to meet my requirements since I'm cooking for myself daily and eatin a lot.

Well, most of the readers are sedentary individuals too so this applies to the widest range of people. Everyone who knows shit about training and nutrition will have better knowledge of the subject than the author of that article.

>Clothing hype: women flushing money down the toilet, say experts

>selling people shit is about the benefits of said shit for them
>making money with a never-ending carousel of bullshit off gullible idiots with disposable cash

take your pic

fuck off conan

SUGAR IS BETTER the article

>"people are already eating more protein than they need"
>need
>the average person only needs about 30g of protein in their daily diet because they're do-nothing lumps of shit
>this means that protein rich products are pointless

Don't listen to normies who examine greater than normie lifestyles. Their opinions and examinations are invalid to you.

>tfw 5'6
>tfw the only way to not be a twink is to be a fat powerlifter

should probably give up on this lifting thing and become a girl instead

>give up on this lifting thing and become a girl instead

Yes. Commence your HRT ASAP.

You are just a fat ass

Daily reminder

precisionnutrition.com/rr-whey-too-much

>be me
>dunno what a twink is
>google it
>img
>mfw

post pic twinkboi

>the guardian
Into the trash it goes

Don't forget the steroids you assclown

>people already eat more protein than they need

Yeah, listen to the fags saying you only need 50 grams of protein as an active male.

>5'6
instead of being a girl, you should join the lollipop guild. fucking midget.

How can you not know what a twink is?

This article is not about people trying to get huge its for those other people you see in the gym.

Nothing wrong with this article and I agree 100%. Most of the magic potions and pre this and powder shit that is crap.

“People have a misconception they do need more protein whereas actually the majority of us are getting adequate protein – our requirements are quite low. If you’re an athlete you will have higher requirements but you can still get it from eggs, yoghurt, meat. The majority of us who go to the gym for an hour a couple of times a week, there’s no need to be having additional protein we [already] get from a balanced healthy diet.”

>into the bin it goes
ftfy

You just know by "gym or an hour a couple times a week" they mean people who spend 10 minutes on the rowing machine at idle, 5 minutes on the ab machine and 25 minutes refilling their water bottle.

are you fucking autistic

>the guardian
i'm not reading that

They're right tho. Turbo normies don't need more than 50g of protein a day and they get it through normal eating. Since whey is so insulinogenic it's the same as drinking a sugar shake every day if your body can't use the protein.

0.5-0.75lb protein/body weight/day is all a lifter can utilize at perfect efficiency. More is just wasteful.

I don't drink protein shakes for the results, I drink them to feel more attuned to the gym culture.

jesus, that list. my brother falls for this retardation eating tigers milk bars

>whey is so insulinogenic

source

I think that's a big part of it.

Post twink butt bb.

>mixing metric and imperial measurements

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20614926

nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-9-48

whey is potently insulinogenic, not that it matters

Yup, and every word in that article is appropriate for the average person in a gym.

No I am not, but thanks for asking.

What part of what I said do you disagree with?

I swear to god I was on /pol/ 20 seconds ago.

How the fuck did I end up here?

whey protein is, dollar per pound, cheaper than protein from chicken breasts