BICEPS

Calling all curlbros.
My biceps are weak and small compared to the rest of me and it's getting embarrassing. My arms are like 70% triceps, 20% fat and 10% biceps.
What is your favorite bicep exercise that has given you the best results? Right now I'm doing db curls, weighed chin/pullups and I've been trying out incline db curls on another day lately. These are all on separate days so I hit them three times a week with one exercise each time.
What works for you guys? More volume, weight, exercises, cheat reps? I'm all ears.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cable curl drop sets, you're welcome

I used to do one arm cable curls but not drop sets. I decided to try dumbbells for variation one day and got so embarrassed that dyel curlbros were stronger than me and I decided to work on them for a while.
I'll give them a try one day.

Just curl you fucking retard, it's not that difficult

4 posts, 3 trips
What is this devilish magic?

Do fuckloads of sets OP. Biceps recover fast. Work them 3 times a week. Become that which you fear.

5x10 BB curls
5x10 DB hammer curls
5x10 cable curls
5xF dumbell curls (use cheat form as you start failing, for more reps)

Do this 2 or 3 times a week at the end of workouts.

>trips
>more dubs
On top of this, use light weight with them. You can get more reps (and more effective ones) in and won't destroy your forearms in the process. And squeeze as hard as you can at the top.

This. There's not much variety to bicep exercises, just keep curling until you can curl heavier

1 warm up set
3 sets of 8-12 reps
1-2 sets of your 6 rep max
3 or 4 different curl exercises on arms day

You can do cable curl, hammer curl, preacher curl, isolation curl, curl curl, just fucking curl homie

WHAT THE FUCK

Curls require warmups...? Legit question btw...I never did warmups before because I have deadlifted and done seated rows as well as kroc rows before I start curling.

Another tip OP and one that's worked miracles for me is when your biceps start getting tight and you feel like you can't do anymore, tenderize those motherfuckers. No joke, slap your biceps hard for a few seconds. It's always allowed me to bang out another set. Sounds stupid, but it's worked for me.

It keeps happening!

Every muscle should be warmed up to prevent injury and it also give you a better ROM (range of motion). All it takes is 15 reps, 1 or 2 sets of a light weight

Just do it on your first exercise then don't worry about it. If I warmed up with dumbbell curls, mine would look like

15 reps (each side) 20 lbs
12 reps 30 lbs
8 reps 35 lbs
6 reps 40 lbs once or twice (the 2nd set is forced reps, good for gains)

Weighted chinups for at least 8 reps.

15 minutes of running is a great way to warm up, too

Just need 2, 3, 4 & 8 and we can open the portal to max gains

I did preacher curls for the first time 4 days ago, going all the way to the bottom so that my arms were completely straight (note I've been doing curls and chinups a lot before this) and I still have DOMS from it, so preacher curls

Thanks man. I'll give it a shot. I've been lifting for quite some time but it might just be the thing to get over my lagging preacher curls. :)

More DOMS doesn't equal more gains, nitwit.

Incline db curls 4x10/12
Hammer curls 3x10/12

All you need bro. Now what do you do for massive tris mine are lagging injured my left tri months back and its still causing a tiny bit of grief if i go to heavy

Include me in screen cap
>Curlbro magic

I've done mainly these. youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
I have a tricep dominant bench too, it's a problem I'm trying to fix now.
Anyways for the extensions I do one 3x10 heavy, and one 3x12 lighter with pauses. Basically pause before the bottom, release and use the stretch reflex to get back up, then pause before lockout, and then start a new rep. This burns like hell.
On the heavy sets you can use your body for momentum and cheat a bit if the last few reps are getting too hard.

fuck off with your get faggotry

i always do both arms at the same time with curl exercises. does it really matter?

Nah i do alternate arms tho i just find it gives one arm a little rest between each rep so i can pump out more reps. But either way there are still gainz being made

Anyone have a problem with front shoulders fatigue when doing curls? No matter what type of curl i do, it almost hurts in my shoulders.

Stabilize your core

If your anterior deltoid is getting tired from curls, you're doing something wrong.

Hey user, I'm going to tell you something that you may not like to hear, but it is the sad sad truth. You have genetics holding you back. Some of your muscles are just going to grow faster than others, no matter how much you lift. Take me for example, my chest grows faster than any other body part, my biceps are descent but tris are tiny as fuck. One cool thing about it though is people get amazed when they see me bench cause I look a lot weaker than I am. Also upper legs are a good size but my calves, no matter how much I work them out, will not grow

Preacher bench
Hammer Curls
Iso Curls
Incline Curls
Cable Curls
21s

>tfw dumbbells in my home gym only go up to 35lbs
can i get big biceps with only barbell curls?

5x10/12 seated calve raises helped mine grow and being tall its hard to do plus my families "genetics" is small calves.

youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Biceps aren't supposed to be the biggest muscle anyways. I did very few bicep work and they grew fine: 2x10@12kg dumbells Curls, Hammer Curls and Reverse Curl(for a time) every other day, light weight so I could do it comfortably I didn't care to the pump at all, and lat pull down(supinated grip) everyday. Factors may be: too much work, genetics, sleep/diet.

this, and go lighter.

There is a muscle inbetween your bis and tris, it gives your bicep wideness
To hit it, hammer curl, very slowly along the path down, only go up to 90 degrees
Thank me later

Are 21s even worth it? Why not just do full reps

I think I saw an AthleanX video where he said that 21s are actually for delts, ie with one set of dumbbells do 7 reps front raise, 7 reps lateral raise, and 7 reps rear delt raise, and that's 21 reps.
So they're not really for the biceps, although I'm sure they work.

>high weight needed for biceps
not even memeing, biceps for me exploded when I focused on less weight and very strict form. Try different variations and grips, and really slow down and focus on contracting with every grip. Too many fuckers wanna grip and rip a fuckton of weight with curls and end up heave hoing the weight around like a jackass and wonder why they arent growing.

*every rep

I assume you mean the brachialis, which is located just underneath the biceps.

>watching athlean
>not knowing what 21s are
are you new here?

21s for biceps are doing 7 reps of the lower half of the curl motion
7 reps of the upper half
and then 7 reps of the full curl motion

Superset barbell curls with hammer curls, focus on squeezing the biceps, till failure

bud there are multiple variants of 21's plus the original 21 super set was designed for shoulders

And scottherman explains exactly this is retarded

See his bicep mistakrs video

And other user is right 21 were for delts

Blessed thread

Thy called for the armbreh and thy shall receive.

You should always train your bicep with your back for maximum gains

Wide Weighted Pullups 3x6
Heavy Rows 3x8
Weighted Chinups 3x10
Bicep curls 3x8-12
"One-and-a-half-rep" Hammercurl 4x8-12

Last one is essential for big arms

t. 42cm

>"One-and-a-half-rep" Hammercurl 4x8-12
So you stop halfway up or down or what?

I see many people ego curl, just drop the weight, close the eyes and feel on contraction believe me.

Even if you for example can curl 12 kg with good form for reps, take a 8 kg dumbbell, close your eyes and do it 100% controlled, paused at the top.

There is a reason why curl bros have good arms and shit everything, because WEIGHT doesn't matter when it comes to arms, you just do 8xwhatever the fuck with light weight and thats it

Basically you perform one full rep starting from the bottom all the way up, lower the weight again to a 90 degree angle and go up again.

Believe me as someone who can Hammercurl 30kg max this hurts like hell even with 12,5kg for four sets

fuck biceps brachialis is superior