Has anyone here struggled with tendinitis?

Has anyone here struggled with tendinitis?

I work at an office, typing and using a computer mouse for 8 hours a day.
I've been suffering from this shit for almost 3 months. I've stopped all exercise 2 months ago and there haven't been improvements.

I am now starting physiotherapy, but I get the feeling it's not gonna do much.

Forgot to add, it burns all the way from my hand to my elbow, where it is worse when doing stuff like dips and pushups.

make sure the height of your desk, chair, armrests etc. are correct, because 99% chance that they aren't

What I did is I pretended that that arm didn't exist, that way the pain went away pretty quick. If you keep on using it in any way, it's going to stay with you. Wait for the inflammation to go away, then start to use it again.
I learned how to use the mouse with my left hand, it wasn't that hard.

I'm kinda tall and the armrests are useless, they just stay a few inches below my arms. The rest has been taken care of (head and arms level, mouse and keyboard rests, large mouse to rest palm, etc).

On the worst days of pain, I'd use the mouse with the left hand pretty frequently. This alleviates some of the pain, but the elbow is always fucked. I can tell when I pick up something heavy.

PT student here, at this point it would be considered tendinosis not itis. Most likely your desk setup is not ideal and you would benefit from an ergonomic assessment for long term relief. For now, PT will most likely consist of eccentric strengthening and cross friction massage to help remodel the tissue and create an inflammatory response which is needed for proper healing. Also, I would recommend a brace to keep your wrists in neutral while typing for the next 4-6 weeks.

They did me some heat treatment, ultra sound, some shock therapy with electrodes and massages. You think a brace is really necessary?

Anyone else here with trigger finger? If I play too much vidya I'll pay for it the next day. My fingers will swell up and get really stiff. Shit sucks.

I've got it in my elbows from leaning on them at the desk all the time.

feelsbadman

I had the same issue as you and I switched to using a mouse.Doing lots of forearm work at the gym also helped. 5x100 wrist curls, reverse curls etc. Make sure to massage it constantly to break down scar tissue.

>I switched to using a mouse

I think you missed something there

Using a tennis or lacrosse ball

Oh didn't read the mouse part. I got the issue from using a touchpad. OP you could try switching to a touchpad since the forearm muscles that you use when using the mouse are probably overused. It was the opposite for me. Either way high repetition forearm should resolve the issue.

High repetition forearm work*

I had it from my mouse and it went away when I started using only trackpad. Also made me quit videogames and now I have a lot ore free time. 10/10 good advice

I recently bought a keyboard and wrist rest to keep the laptop away from my hands so that my neck would suffer less. Fuck. Back to touchpad.

Had that shit in my elbow from benching too much, no anti-inflammatory shit helped, just had to quit benching for over a month and rub the elbow with heating cream erryday. Didnt know you could get it from sitting at your desk all day

I also did a lot of dips and russian pushups 3 times a week. Might be a combined injury.

Another thing that usually helps is to do slow curls with light weight to push blood there

I had tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis). It sucked ass. I had to take an entire month off the gym because even loading plates for deadlifts and squats killed my forearm and elbow.

I spent a long time resting and iceing - it doesn't help except in the beginning. Ice helps with severe pain, and rest just keeps it from flaring back up in the beginning.

If it's still a sharp pain, ice regularly and rest for 5 days, a week at the most.

After that, gently stretch everything relating to your arms. That means
>Shoulders and pecs and lats
>Biceps and triceps
>wrist extensors and flexors
Massage the forearm rather strongly, but don't overdo it.

Seriously, do not neglect the flexors (underside of forearm). If they're tight, your extensors (top of forearm) will be in constant extension and become weak leading to more issues.

After a week of mobility - Do simple exercises. Gently fully flex your wrist, hold five seconds, fully extend your wrist, hold five seconds. That's one rep. I did 3 sets of 15 everyday.
Also, fully supinate then hold five, pronate and hold five. Same rep scheme.
Put a rubber band around all your fingers, and stretch it outward. Same sets and reps.

I found a strap designed for tennis elbow to help when I had to do something using the afflicted muscles, but don't become dependent on it.
Ease back into everything. Don't go ham the first day back.
Don't fall for scams like tenniselbowsecretsrevealed.

Make sure you aren't jacking off with the messed up hand.

Good luck, elbow tendonitis sucks. Even if you don't have tennis elbow, what I told you can be applied to many tendonitises.

Tendonitises are brought on by poor mobility, weakness, and overuse. Have good mobility.

He has clickbaity titles and a whole lot of drills that might not help you a whole lot, but I like watching smashwerx on YouTube. Run by Trevor something, he's a CrossFit shitter but knows what he's talking about. Check him out. I wouldn't follow his advice for tennis elbow yet.

There's so much information floating around I don't even know for sure what to do. Some people say "complete rest and ice". Others say "ice and heat afterwards". You and another in this thread say I need to do some mobility exercises, which makes sense, but bear with me on this: you are a dude on the internet. Gotta take it with a grain of salt.

I'll keep going to PT and massage my chicken arms for now. Will obviously try to ease into exercise later on.

>tfw exercise always made your day brighter and you've stopped for months

Try using one of those vertical meme mouse, a friend has it and it solved his problems. Also be sure your chair, desk etc are set up correctly

They're probably expensive as fuck, but I guess I gotta bite the bullet some day.

Shitty chair doesn't have adjustable arm rests.

Tennis elbow is the fucking worst, had it during the summer was absolute shit.

I had this. I have some things to recommend.

Firstly, take Cissus Quadrangularis. I'm not for homeopathic/'alternative' medicine, but this shit really works. It took the annoying ache and pain away from my tendinitis, allowing me to focus on recovery.

Secondly, get some elastic bands/extensor bands, and use them. They help increase extensor muscle strength, which counteracts all the use the flexors get.

Thirdly, do exercises like reverse wrist curls, reverse curls, and do stretches for the hands and wrist.

I had it. I take fish oil for joint health now and make sure todo a ton of stretches before I exercise. When it is painful make sure to ice it and wiat it out. It will get better

Also I should mention that if you get Cissus, either make it into capsules yourself, or buy it in premade capsules. It tastes absolutely vile.

My extensor carpi ularis tendon (the one on the boney, ''little finger'' side of the wrist) pops out of its groove when I slightly rotate my forearm and adduct my hand. Have had this since I was 12 or so. Doesn't hurt but it's annoying and doesn't fucking stop.

Gosh, poster of here, I totally forgot about heating.

I tried heat therapy in the very beginning but it made it worse. After that week or so of ice and rest, I brought it back in. It kinda helped, definitely brought blood to the area, but I don't know if it actually helped. It certainly made my forearms feel more mobile for stretching.

I get what you're saying about me being just a guy on the internet, but I'm gonna give you a backup to my point anyway.
Ice and rest feels good, and seems like it is fixing the problem.
But as soon as you start working out again, it flares back up. At least that was my experience. Stretching gently and doing strengthening exercises is supposed to keep it away in the future so it doesn't get inflamed or whatever again.

Ultimately it's what helped for me, and I've continued to do it for the last month because the strengthening exercises are great to warm up my arms with.

I didn't have enough space to include this in my last post, but go through your elbow's entire range of motion in circles as an exercise. When fully supinated and pointing my thumb out to the side, pulling it closer to my body, I still feel a little twinge.

Also, if you feel something in your elbow pop, don't do that stretch and certainly don't try to pop it. Your elbow isn't like a knuckle, it has no surfaces that form a vacuum then pop like your knuckles do. Any pop you hear or feel is a friction pop, a sliding of some connective tissue over a surface. This can lead to fraying of tendons, that is bad and can become painful. I came across that, and kinda ignored it until my arm began to become sore from it.

Sorry was out for a while, yes it's most likely necessary. A lot of times wrist extensor tendinosis is caused from holding the wrists in slight extension for long periods of time such as when typing. As said, a better desk set up is ideal but the brace will allow things to calm down.

thanks m8. I shall save this thread.

Something like this that you can buy at any pharmacy. Buy the cheapest one that will keep your wrists in a neutral position.

https:// www.walgreens.com/store/c/mueller-sport-care-carpal-tunnel-wrist-stabilizer-maximum-support-model-62011-small/medium/ID=prod4267682-product

Tip - use archive.is, it makes an archive of a page forever stores on their server. It'll give you a link like archive.is/ABCXY, easy to copy share or write.

I've got tendonitis in my shoulder joint from boxing too much. Life got hard so I did what I always do when life gets hard; I go boxing 5 nights a week and sometimes twice in one day.

After a month of training like that my shoulder started to hurt; I've never had shoulder problems before now in 8 years of training. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still having problems; it aches when I'm sat normally and it hurts when I lift it or lower it (only sideways).

Okay hear me out. I have tendinitis in both wrists but it's really on and off. When it gets really bad though I've learned to use my fingers as wrists, like a monkey, to take the pressure off of my wrists. Add wrist straps

> (OP)
>I had the same issue as you and I switched to using a mouse.Doing lots of forearm work at the gym also helped. 5x100 wrist curls, reverse curls etc. Make sure to massage it constantly to break down scar tissue.

Agree with you user, work in IT, feltbadman kept training and massaging area Feelsgoodman.jpg

Same deal, man. 2 months of tendonitis in elbow and wrist and no amount of anti inflamantory medication helps, even started taking curcumin for shits and giggles a months ago, absolutely nothing. All this time I haven't lifted anything since it only aggravates the situation. Let me know when you find a solution!

>trigger finger
That's palm surgery waiting to happen, son. Treat that shit with respect or you'll regret it, trust me (2 surgeries some years ago, ain't fun).

Shit really? How bad was yours before you got the surgery?

month break and only did leg machines. Came back light

How do I know if I have it?

If I close my left hand too tight, I feel a strong pain coming from the ring finger. When I lift I have some problem keeping the hand tightly closed to the bars, though I can make it.

Is that it?

>Close fist
>Open fist
>2 fingers remain stuck, have to open using other hand

Not great.
Being a programmer, I'm now much much more cautious with my routine and pressure I put on my fingers/tendons, ain't fucking up my career for some diddly reps.

Yeah I have pretty much the same symptoms except sometimes it's too painful to fully open my fingers at all, even when I force them with my other hand. They tend to loosen up a bit after a few hours.
How did the surgery go for you?

Perfectly. Can't even see the scars anymore. It pretty much solves the problem mechanically, by allowing the free passage of the inflamed tendon.

Sounds like you need to get yours treated, why the fuck haven't you gone to a doctor yet exactly?

I have. The doctor told me about the surgery but said it wasn't totally necessary unless it got worse. For now I can deal with it. It happens fairly infrequently.