How to get faster at sprinting Veeky Forums? I'm strong (4+ pl8 squat, 2...

How to get faster at sprinting Veeky Forums? I'm strong (4+ pl8 squat, 2.5pl8 power clean) but am struggling to find stuff to make me faster, I've got a good first 5-10 yards but not great much further. Any sprintbros or footballbros help me out?

run striking with your heel and "roll" to your toe. This softens your landing and more effectively transfers that landing energy into burst energy. Also twist your body with as much ROM as possible as you switch legs.

>that pic
Is that natty?

Probably not, his body fat is way too low looks like they just hired a body builder.

Are you dumb or just fat?

Ottermode/built

Lower your butt when you first take off then switch into a stride after ten yards or so.

I played football at Duke and in high school i could run a 4.91 40 uard dash at 275lbs
I did a lot of resistance running and deadlifts helped too. Other than that i worked on running technique. I'm sure you could find a youtube video on proper running technique

no. coming from a d1 sprinter, one should strike with the ball of their foot when sprinting.

What years did ya play?

>heel striking

kek

t. a literal retard

Snatch (heavy)
clean (light variant)
front squat
bench
row

clean (heavy)
snatch (light variant)
back squat
push press/jerk from blocks
chins

do assistance work, keeping intensity pretty stagnant throughout the mesocyclone, reps of 8-20 (GHR/leg curl/glute bridging/stuff to look pretty)

then the shit that actually matters: Technique via drills and slow speed rehearsal (sorry)

Find a good coach, failing that, get charlie francis' training book and follow it. He knew his stuff.

just practice sprinting I swear you fuckers are retarded here.

mesocycle (auto correct)

look who's back

>he bothers giving advice on Veeky Forums

whats the point, you're just gonna get trolled by obese nyrfags or stickmen

it's the holiday and I have time off and wife is in Cyprus with her family. Might as well get trolled

>strike with the heel
>this kills the shin

okay ill start

>recommending technique intensive barbell movements
>instead of plyometrics

>alternating jerks with push press, thus having greater horizontal pressing volume

>he will never be as great of an athlete as Thyme or Nelo™

hey camb is this u? long time man.

u remember when uk fitizens were gonna arrange a meet lel. damn that was like 5 years ago.

hw u been m9?

You should focus more on your hamstrings and glutes for sprinting, start deadlifting.

Also sled drag sprints.

>sled drags
enjoy your form breakdown kek

never take athletic advice from a powerlifter

Good meme man, nice job!

The prowler is better literally 100% of the time

Just sprinting is better 100% of the time you aren't playing football or rugby

Powerlifter? isn't "she" a gay man with a mental illness

TIL they're not the same thing.

t. a fat fuck

daily reminder that these are the people you're taking advice from

wait a minute, no one takes your advice

Kill urself sir

Not everyone was born in an english-speaking country.
It may not seem like it but I struggle with english sometimes and make dumb mistakes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>no one takes your advice

kek hello newfriend, welcome.

Footballbro here, I recommend HIIT and plyometrics. thats what helped me and track and playing wideout

Usain bolt does sled drags, as does nearly every elite sprinter

2011-2015

Did you start? Also if like to try and play d1 football once if I decide to not reenlist in the navy after my contract.. What were the average lift number for your linebackers?

Yeah I started
Average lifts for STARTING linebackers I'd say were like
Bench: 375-415lbs
Squat: at least 550lbs
Deadlift: we went for reps but most dudes did 8-10 reps at 450lbs
Power Clean: about 315
OHP: 225lbs
Now those are averages of starting Linebackers and starting linebackers are usually around there Junior year so they've been doing the lifts longer.

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I'm a little undersized right now I'm only 5'11 205 but I've got 3 years left in the navy so I've got some time since I'm 20. Do you have any hope of playing professional?

Got drafted last year bro

Holy shit if you're who I think you are you're a beast bro

Do you think I'm Alex Cash?

Was leaning more towards laken Tomlinson but could be wrong

ITT people who know nothing about sprinting.

Get some spikes, go to a track, sprint
There you go. Training things like acceleration or special endurance don't matter until you are a few months in.

SLED
L
E
D

Tfw pro athlete in this thread and I'm still a lame fag

Hey man I was a fucking fatass in middle school and early high school. I hated how I looked. I started hitting the weight room seriously for football late freshmen year. Was still a bigger dude but it wasn't all fat. Earned the title of all-state my junior and senior year. Had multiple D1 offers by the end of my senior season after break 3 school records. What I'm trying to get at is that you can change there's still time bro. You are in control of your life as long as there is still air in your lungs and a beat in your heart. You're no loser bro you're just a champion waiting to be awoken

this
and power cleans

what about full cleans

>strike with the heel when sprinting
>strike with the heel when running, let alone sprinting

that'd be even more ideal, any explosive full body movement will help you build speed

>falling for obvious bait

music to my ears. thanks user.

I used to do suicides at the basketball course at the end of my workouts

I don't know if it actually made me faster but I felt a fuck ton faster

How are you still alive then? Do you suck at suicides?

prove it with timestamp

fuck you nigger I have nothing to prove, I bet you don't even lift.

Speed lifts
Jump squats and other plyo
Sled pushes/drags
Loaded carries for time
Cleaning motions. I generally am leery of people doing highly technical barbell Oly movements untrained, so something more strongman related might be safer since it doesn't hinge on perfect shoulder flexibility. Log and sandbag cleans and stone loads, anything where you need rapid triple extension to get it up.

Or, like dumbbell and kettlebell snatches. HEAVY swings, like with 56kg or higher, for reps will also help a little too

Lets dive into the mind of OP here.

"hmm, I need to get better at sprinting, whatever shall I do?"
"Oh ill practice squatting and power cleans"

Fucking idiots I swear. Just upset that there are so many people who seriously try to get better at something by doing unrelated exercises.

Wonder why monkeys are so good at swinging from vines? Because they swing from vines all day.

Wanna get better at sprinting, then fucking sprint holy fug how hard can this conclusion be.

Youre retarded.
Op focus on deads and run stairs or steep hills. Sled drags or buy one of those cheap parachutes if you want to look legit autistic but they help a ton. And most importantly - sprint! Look up proper form and sprint sprint sprint

ty for writing this so i dont have to

op apart form different sprinting sessions i advise you to do a lot of jumping exercises: box jumps, hurdles, rope etc also up/downhills and a lot of core work in the gym

also sobering thing to do is to record yourself sprinting from back/front/side and compare to some sprint competitor of similar height as yours

Either autistic or a sadistic fuck wanting to fuck people up for shits and giggles, hope your shins fucking explode familia

How tall are you, like 6'4"?

So fat, got it

Look at sprinters, their legs are fucking huge.

If you can squat 5x5 5 plate you are going to sprint pretty damn fast.

run down hill.

Good shit user I really needed to hear this today, I'm fucking kill it now :)