How do I lean out from skinnyfat mode?

How do I lean out from skinnyfat mode?
Most of my friends are ottermode, I'm sick of being the only skinnyfat one, I've tried lifting at a maintenance but I pretty much stay the same.
Should I try starting boxing or muay thai or some other intense cardio?

The only way to lose mass is to establish a caloric deficit. You can do hours of cardio everyday or you can eat less. Those are your options.

Just lift and eat to build. Cut later.

Just lift and eat to cut. Build later.

Just lift and eat to cut. Build later.

lol why r u trying to be like ur friends, they are weak, just bulk up and be able to squat deadlift all their weights combined off of the floor;

do this everyday for the next 60days and you'll
probably leave skinnyfat to starting ottermode
>foods you can eat
always make sure that your protein portion is bigger than the other portions (for example, 250g of chicken and 200g of rice has 56g of carbs and 67g of protein)
you can eat
salad (lettuce, brocoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, aspargus, brussel sprouts)
grilled chicken and lean meat
smal portions of rice or potatoes
beans or lentils
>lifting routine
pushups, pullups, chin ups, dips, crunches, planks, do this at least 3 times a week, 4 times is ideal

My body is extremely similar to the picture I posted, most of my friends are like pic related, maybe a bit smaller.
I spend a lot of time in the water and I feel like my confidence would go way up if my body looked like it belonged to a healthy active person instead of an increasingly fattening strong person

forgot pic related, most of my friends are similar to this

Most important thing is that you lift. Your muscles have to get bigger no matter what.
Diet wise: make sure to get enough protein: 1g per lbs bodyweight per day (or some people say slightly less). When it comes to calories, when you're just starting out you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time while eating at a deficit. Just start out doing that, and then when your lifts small increase the calorie intake. Repeat.

if you want to look like that you better start roiding now

lmao this is doable natty

difficult but doable

rippetoe pls

>difficult
ya kiddin right?

My 5 or so main friends really do have bodies close to that without lifting or with infrequent lifting.
Maybe they do a lot of physical activity or bodyweight that I'm not sure about, or maybe they have really good genetics.

You'd have to actually control your diet and, ugh, exercise!
That's hella difficult.

what bf% would that be?

you did me a frighten non gonna lie
i say it's between 8% and 10% bodyfat

hahahaahh dyel fatty detected

Nah, it's a goal pretty easy to achieve, just train consistently and keep low bf

>salad (lettuce, brocoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, aspargus, brussel sprouts)

i don't think you know what a salad is user