Any of you guys take sertralin? did it affect your gains? pls respond

any of you guys take sertralin? did it affect your gains? pls respond

SSRIs are great if you're too depressed to get out of bed.

otherwise don't take them, lift, run, eat clean and sleep 8 hours a day both maximum and minimum.

I took venlafaxine, it affected my gains because I wasn't hungry and was sleepy all the time. BUT that's me being irresponsible. If you eat, regardless of how hungry you are(n't) and lift, it will not affect your gains. It simply can't.
Even if you feel you're too sleepy, it won't last for more than a couple of weeks.

it made me unable to orgasm and didn't do anything for my depression

sometimes I am, sometimes I have plenty of energy, idk I'm scared to take it because of erection side effects.

I told my doc I don't want to be sleepy I told her I want to feel energetic and not depressed wtf :(

that sux, how long till you recovered?

OP here, by the way, is xanax ok?

Get off it. My therapist say's it's shit: addictive, causes hormonal imbalance, hard to quit, lots of side-effects (including making your depression worse!), and generally sucks.

Was on Sertralin for 18 months, I could eat like a horse so it worked well for gains. I went from suicidal to just being fine.

god dam, is there anything out ther that makes you feel good and doesnt fuck your shit up? should I just shoot up some test?

any erection/orgasm problems? do you feel ok now?

It's different for everyone, try it for two months and see if you like it.

No erection problems but like the other guy it took me much longer than usual to orgasm. I've been off the meds for 6 months and all side-effects are gone. Depression is back but not nearly as bad as before.

Took it 3 months, worst mistake of my life, couldn't lift shit anymore (one of the side effects is muscle weakness) and it fucked with my head. Had troubles concentrating on stuff etc. Even with depression you have a clearer mind Op. Try everything possible non medical way to get out of it, the side effects aren't worth it.

Don't get into benzos. They are super addictive and the post-acute withdrawal syndrome is horrific. I almost lost my hearing and it took over a year and a half to be back to normal.

I tried Zoloft and it was meh. I'm currently on Seroquel and Wellbutrin and my life is so much better, but I gained a great deal of weight. Finally slimming back down and my workouts are amazing - but it took awhile.

damn, now I'm scared, today I just hit lmao1pl8 ohp for 10 reps. I don't want to lose my precious gains. I can try to lose my belly fat, that's the only thing I didn't try.

thanks everybody for valuable info

Vortioxetine. I was on it, and my gf is now, no side-effect appart from some nausea. According to my shrink, the nausea can be treated with marijuhana where legal (it's not where I live) if it gets real bad (but that's rare).

well my doc told me if I get erectile problems that she will give me something else, guess I'm stuck with sertalin for now. Doc gave me xanax for my dreams, I dream alot, and it really drains me

Holy shit, user, that sounds bad... it might fuck you up. I mean I'm just a nobody on a taiwanese etch-a-sketch forum so don't take my word here, but do some research and try to get a second opinion.

Tea made from valerian root and lavender helped my gf with intense, draining dreams. Give it a try at least.

well I would probably be fine, it's only half a dose. yeah, I'm sceptic and afraid of meds. that tea sounds nice, I'll give it a try definitively

im taking ssri meds, and i can only say: dont. im addicted. i will never get off

What happened when you tried to get off?

SSRIs probably stopped me killing myself at a low point, but is made it hard to summon any strong willpower when lifting. I was still able to lift though, just slowed down my progress due to mental blocks.

I'll also say I only took them for one summer when I was at a really bad point, and made a effort to get off them by the end of that summer. I really didn't feel like myself when on them, it sort of felt like nuking my personality into the ground to take out the crazy along with everything else.

Just like It made me not kill myself. I went down to the docks to jump into the water. I Had 2 bottles of vodka and weed with me, but just woke up the next day because i passed out on the bench i was on. Called doctor next day who started medicating me.

When the effect wears off after about 12-24 hours, i feel like dying. My skin itch all over, i get headache, my heart pounds away. I get psychotic thoughts (cant control my thinking and i think about skinning myself / cutting my skin and stuff like that).

So yea, im pretty much fucked so i try not to think about it. I live in Denmark so the meds are nearly free so i guess thats good

see i replied wrong

How many mg a day are you on?
I quit cold turkey and had no problems except for those brain zaps/electrical shocks.

I read that it really treats people differently. Im on 600mg Lyrica /pregabalin daily, but i take about 1000mg atm. That is to make me feel normal. I can live on 600mg but that means no sleep etc. so i have to take more in the work days. Work 50 hours in office making okay pay. No one knows I medicate. Workout monday to thurs, then again saturday.

>sometimes I am
then you probably need them, unless you can realize what your problem is. depression is generally caused by an inability to self-determine. do whatever it takes, my friend. use SSRIs until you don't need to anymore. you might very well start seeing things differently.

The side effects suck but being depressed sucks too.

One thing that helped me out bigtime was to improve my diet and sleep, as well as ensuring I got sunlight when possible. Vitamin D may be required if you live above or around 60 deg. north.

>inability to self-determine

that's my major problem, purpose. also I take shit-tons of vit D, helps a little, mostly gains