Too Old

Is 27 too old to make gains and get fit?
How old you were whe you started?
If old, doest it wort it?
I'm a newbie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah sorry bro. When you pass your early 20's your muscles "set in" and it becomes nearly impossible to grow far from what you currently have. It might be worth it anyway because you can grow a little, but it would be impossible to get aesthetic or even a 6pack if you're too overweight.

And what about my testosterone levels? How to maintain them high?

Odd numbered age and your T levels are low, even numbered age and your T levels are pretty high.

only through TRT. Maybe ask your doctor for some prescribed test.

no it isn't u dip shit wtf? how is this even a question?

Yes, no matter how good you eat or how hard you lift. You will make absolutely 0 gains, your health wont improve either. You cannot even become stronger.

Now realize how stupid that sounds. You fucking retard

Sorry man, you missed the boat, all you can do is wait for the sweet embrace of death

Hello NYRfag....

kek

I love how optimistic some of you guys are, but your fee-fees dont affect science and reality. Your type of advice really hurts the expectations of new lifters. The most OP CAN hope for is a mildly toned body if he's not extremely DYEL or obese.

I started lifting a month ago at 27

I'll let you know when I make it

This.
It was scientifically proven that after 26 you literally cannot grow muscle. Only possible gains are from fats, which means you're stuck with your current physique or you can get fat. Literally no other option.

You stop growing when you're about 18. If you didn't make any gains till then - you won't get them past that. But you can slim down no problem.

OP didnt ask to become the next Zyzz now did he? Nor did I mention that he can still become an aesthetic god.

You lift, eat well, sleep well > you will look better and feel better. Period. No matter at what age. No reason to NOT workout or do some type of sports, ever

To get this type of body, you'd have to have been training since at least middle school. Very poor b8

that bearbro is fucking chill

Hahahahahah wow dat broscience.
It's 28 you dumbass and it's proven you'll start to breakdown muscle instead of building it naturally under normal conditions. So if your lifestyle is build around muscle gains you'll still build muscle just not as fast as a teen. Please stop giving advice on the internet, people might read your idiotic statements and actually believe it.

With steroids and hgh, there's no such thing as too old.

Shit, I guess lifting is off the menu for me then. There isn't anything I can do to get aesthetic enough to finally slay some thicc cunts?

In case you can't work out the extreme amount of trolling in this thread, I'll help you out

It isn't too late
You can become aesthetic as fuck if you are dedicated
Only thing you need to realise is it can be a little slower/harder to recover than when you were a teen, doesn't mean that you can't improve though.

t. mid 30's fag who started at 30 and have since gained ~7kg all up, at last BIA scan it was around 5kg lean muscle mass gain in a few years training natty. Look better than I ever did as a cardio fag in my 20s and still progressing.

Damn, that means I have old data.
Where you got that information? I got mine from "Sustaining Strenght" by M. Tornthumb

That "bearbro" wanted to fuck up a 1000 ton icebreaker in a fist fight. He's only chill because he's on Arctic.

>5kg lean muscle mass gain in a few years
all jokes aside - that's not a great progress, brah. I gained about 13 kilos lean in 3 years. Since 28 till 31

routine?
diet?

Sneaky suspicion my test levels are low (sex drive has dive bombed since 30) but don't want to get tested because if they are low I'd feel like a bitch (poor far, even with medical subsidy in Aus I couldn't afford TRT)

Are you sure that's actually lean muscle though not just gain of fat and muscle? Like used calipers/dexa/BIA to test year on year?
Sincere questions, I always feel like my progress blows compared but I figure I'm older, people e-stat, and I have old injuries which makes me cautious about progressing too fast

made me laugh have a (you)

I'm about to turn 40 (and still on Veeky Forums, yeah) been lifting for 3 years now. Changes have been great, though progress is slower and I have to be more careful than if I'd started 20 years ago.

I was almost 400 lbs at 27.

By 32 I was 190.

wut?

At the age of 27, I weighed almost 400lbs. In 5 years, I weighed 190lbs.

The point being 27 is not too old to start.

I'm not the OP but I used my powers of communication and reasoning to deduce that at 27 user was a fat fuck weighing nearly 200kg. It took him 5 years to lose ~ 100kg and now he is no longer a fat fuck. He probably shared this story so that the OP knows that post 27 it is indeed possible to lose weight/gain muscle/look better etc....

thanks

This guy goes to my gym

Not as cool as you might hope

Not too old man. I started at 27 or 28, I don't forget. From a ripped/ skinny half marathon runner (I could do pullups quite easily) at around 62kg, now weigh about 75 and look good, still lean. P.s I'm manlet 5'7 :'(

................. Are you me??
> 10km-half distance
> 60-62kg
> 5'8
> now ~72kg (but lost the 6 pack, abs visible under good light, not normally so no longer lean lean)
> on and off half assed it around 28, started properly 30

kek. I miss the old fitness but like the new aesthetics, hard to have it all

I was 17 when I started and wish I would have started 1-2 years earlier. IMO 18-21 are the years when being muscular will make the biggest difference to your quality of life.

There's a lot of bait an meming going on in this thread, but I'll go ahead and answer seriously. Am 32 an started doing barbell training just over 2 yrs ago. After Christmas vacation with my family, I'm going to be attempting a 600 lb deadlift.
Just lift, man - you might not make as many gains as a younger guy, but you will be better off than if you didn't.

For clarification, I lifted a bit before, but no barbell training, and have made most of my strength gains in the past 2-3 yrs

What program(s) did you use to get that big a DL? All natty or with help?
I'm the slow progressing dude from above, curious how other guys did it from around my age for comparison

started lifting a year ago at 27

wouldn't exactly say that I've "made it" (mainly because I still have a lot of fat to lose, probs like 24%bf or so), but gained a LOT of muscle.

Sleeping lots, eating lots of cholesterol heavy food, hitting the gym 3x a week for lifting (with 10 mins of cardio for warmup) + 2x a week purely for cardio.

whats the point of being that old?

unfortunately yes. I started at 23 and literally couldnt gain ONE (1) muscle(s). So i cant imagine you would be able to at 27

Started at 45.
Because of immuno-suppressant drugs, which cause me no end of months-long illnesses, I've been re-running over the same ground throughout 2016.
Still, cranked out 260 lbs x 5 for squats tonight, setting up nicely for the start of 2017.

I started at 14. I trained for size until I hit 31 and I just couldn't get any bigger and got bored. I'm strength training now at 33 and my lifts keep going up.

>stay warm bearbro.

stay warm bearbro

stay warm bearbro

It's not too old. I'm 31 and still making gains. Been lifting seriously four years now.

You won't recover as well when you move into your 30s so listen to your body and modify your program as necessary.

But stop fuckin worrying and start fuckin lifting

>stay warm bearbro

Say warm bearbro

thank you
have this

It's never too late - even at the end of your life - to start giving a shit about your health. I was morbidly obese in my 30s and now in my late 40s I feel better than I did in my 20s. Now, I'll be honest. I have stretch marks. Tons of loose skin. And I don't exactly look youthful. But I do feel tons better. I can't remember the last time my mental and physical health has been this good. I feel confident and proud of my body and the work I put into it. Being active and healthy is it's own reward no matter your age. I actually enjoy working out and being active and now I do it because i like it not because I should (even though everybody should take care of their body)

Natty. I've always done my own programming, but I do a lot of volume. 4-5 sets of 8-10. I also like ascending sets of 4.
Lately I've been doing one heavy day, and 1-2 lighter, higher volume days. Learn to push yourself, but keep proper format all times.

Form* thanks autocomplete

jokes aside, just do it man.

I am 31, I just bought a bike one year ago (I didn't know how to ride a bike before) and now I am training to do an Iron Man race.

One more year, more cardio and maybe some conditioning. I just want to compete in one of those amateur races.

Just do it man.

stay warm bearbro

fuck u man i hope u snap ur shit up when lifting

27, and you just started?

Just accept your skinny or fat body and move on.

I turned 27 this year

Still making really nice progress, despite all the alcohol

It's always better when you start lifting bro, I started 29yo, it's been almost 3 years now.

>tfw kept injuring myself
do your warm ups /f/riendo

I'm almost 46 and I just started exercising a few weeks ago. I like to think that i'm not too old to do something with my bidy. I'm 6'7", btw. I expect noticeable gains will be difficult.

dad?

Never too late brah

Yes, son?

Concentrate on the tip, please. You've been doing the shaft for too long.

please?

I promise I'll be a good boy.

>6'7"
damn dad, stay strong

>no 6'7 dad bro to lift with and give you advice on girls and life

Are you willing to adopt? Going to make it by the way, good frame.

started with split upper/lower, every other day. Diet was basically iifym.
Well, maybe I added 2-3kg of fat at most, but it doesn't show. That's still twice the amount you added. And I don't even think it's particularly good result. My abs and obliques look as cut as before. I'm also still making gains. Maybe check your diet, because it's the most often reason of not gaining mass.

i mean twice the amount of lean mass

you have good frame, brah

Being overage is just like being overweight. Just resist the urge to age early on and you'll have a bit more time, if you fuck that up i'm really not sure what can be done

I'm 34 and I started lifting when I turned 28.
I've done just about every routine their is and now workout on an AxBxAxx etc. routine.

When I started 6 years ago I saw immediate weight loss. I went from a chubby 230lbs to a somewhat skinny-fat 195. I made very gradual strength gains and then my knees began to give out. I had to stop squatting and switched from lifting 5 days per week to 4 days but then my lower back started having spasms when deadlifting. So I quit deadlifting and switched to 3 days per week. I continued to lift what I could but when I tore my left rotator cuff I had to stop doing over head press, bench press, and any type of bicep curl.

Now on my new routine I do A) 20 minutes on exercise bike, and B) 45 minutes of swimming. I've gained all of the weight back but as soon as I stop doing cardio I almost instantly begin to gain body fat. I think working out actually caused my body to stop producing testosterone unless I workout regularly and now I am in this constant cycle of having to exrcise despite my painful broken body, otherwise my testosterone levels will drop to zero.

Heed my warning OP. It is too late for you to start lifting weights. You will trap yourself in an exercise life cycle of hell and you will see no improvements, you will only feel pain and eternal bleeding.

He cant be the next zyzz, since he is more than 22 yo.

stay warm bearbro

I'm 27. While it's true lifting now is not as great as when you're a teen, it still works. Recovery is a bit slower, but it's not too big of a problem.
I'm more aesthetic now than ever, so just forget your age and fucking lift (unless you're like, 50+ and need some TRT)

Dont listen to this dickface, who I hope for his own sake is trolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

It's never too late OP.

>roiding 50 years for this

>wanting to inflict pain on others

Fuck you, sincerely.
OP's body is aged but it's still in good shape because the muslces haven't been torn down by reps and his joints still have their elasticity from never being over used from compound lifts.

Let him relax and live in comfort for the rest of his life. The iron rewards the young but destroys the old.

Besides, the face is and wallet are the only things that matter.

>literally cannot grow muscle

Stay warm bearbro

God speed dadbro. We believe in you

There's a 50 year old guy at my gym who looks pretty good. Pulls over 5pl8 as well.
He's been lifting for a long time and probably has good genetics, but if he told me he was 35 I would have believed it

27 years old here.

I've always kept myself in decent shape (started at 16or so), but I've never been truly jacked. I can make natty gains pretty easily. After serving in the military I've returned to college. I'm surrounded by 19 year olds who live like my parents in their 60s. I rarely ever get sick, look 21 and people are frequently shocked when they see my birth date on my ID.

I'm also banging the many 18-20 year olds sluts who can't handle their liquor and have daddy issues. I was kind of expecting to be married or have a family by now, but whatever.

I didn't start lifting to get girls (ok maybe a little) but to have healthy habits and a higher quality of life as I age. I've accomplished that and now enjoy it tremendously. 27 is a great time to lift.

Shut up and lift.

>I'm also banging the many 18-20 year olds sluts who can't handle their liquor and have daddy issues.
Where do you find them? Asking for a friend.

Well, like I said I'm in college, so most of the people I'm around are 18-22. I'm also killing it on Tinder. Honestly bro, Tinder is where it's at, I do that while taking a shit.

I gotta start hanging with my college bros more often if I wanna start pulling that sorority pussy around here.

Yeah that was my assumption. I don't go to school and I live in a small town, so I'm kinda fucked in that regard.
I've been considering Tinder though, but I don't have any pictures of myself and I don't know if I'm good looking enough.

Im lucky in some sense to be going to a pretty expensive private school (GI Bill ftw) that's literally in the downtown part of a medium sized city. Lots of girls go to my school, and it's well known for attracting tons of rich girls from New England. I'm attractive and the girls see me as more mature. It's a pretty good formula for getting these sluts.

At 27 I had never set foot in a gym, or played sports whatsoever. Sedentary job and fattie up to 120kg
Then I had a severe car crash and for some obscure reason I didn't die.
I started going to the gym at 28, after recovering from the wreck
I'm 30 now and I'm the best shape I've ever been, even if progress is slow. I'm about to hit 1/2/3/4 after 2.5 years training
If I started at 18 everything would have been better and easier, but you only control the present.
Start now, you won't regret it.

It's actually 24.

I CAN'T SEE ANY (YOU)S!!

HIROSHIMA DISABLED THEM!

That's pretty good progression, looks like you had wide hips and narrow shoulders in the first photo but you completely turned that around.

Started at 35 after heavy surgery
44 now

so, your advice for me is to start lifting at 27?
And go back to college? What are you studing? I've been thinking about going back to college but it seems that at my age i'm pretty much fucked because i'll have 30 yrs old and no experience.

progress?

Learn about nutrition. It will help you immensely. Godspeed dadbro.

nice dad dick

>Is 27 too old to make gains and get fit?
NO, IT'S NOT you idiot