Poverty Bench Thread

Who else here suffered or is suffering from the socially embarrassing affliction known as poverty bench?

> Be me
> 5'10 220lbs fatty
> Squat 405 for two heavy singles on boxing day. Not olympic ATG style but still legit below parallel squats.
> Barely grind out lmao2pl8 on the bench for a double today.

Did SS, currently doing Candito six week, both same problem. Squat and deadlift progress, bench stalls at low numbers. Originally I couldn't get past 115 x 5 on SS and just recently I stalled at 170, whereas my squat and deadlift aren't missing beats

I feel like my shoulders can't handle the kind of volume that I do for squat and bench.

Do more bench volume its a plg meme but its truth. If it hurts or you are grinding out reps lower the weight

Is this b8 you are a fat piece shit kys

I'm fat, but I'm also significantly less fat than I used to be so I have that going for me.

>490 squat
>535 deadlift
>290 bench

JUST FUCKING KILL ME

Test day next week though, hoping I break 300.

Long arms?

my bench was trash until I brought my grip in, started eating more, and added lots of volume. Every lift is a cgbp, but it feels way better and I've been progressing faster.

interesting. cgbp also feels more natural to me, although i can still move more weight with a wider grip

I think it's pretty dependent on leverages, wide grip let me get to 115 @ 74 but one day I badly damaged my rotator cuff and was out for around 8 months. I switched to close grip (grip around an inch from smooth) and it was instantly painless for my shoulder. My capacity for volume also went way up.

tfw noodle arms

whoa there. i tell you what, i added in cgbp as an accessory to my bench recently and it does feel way better. like, it feels the way a bench should feel to me.

is this the beginning of a breakthrough?

i have skelly genetics, skinnyfat 30 year old now and my bench and squat numbers are embarrassing as fuck. how do I cope?

it might be. I'm never going to compete in powerlifting (or if I do, it will be for fun) so I treat it as an accessory tricep exercise. Try doing a 6 week cycle or something - long enough that you know exactly how it feels and can make an informed decision. Also measure your rate of progress relative to how fast your normal bench progresses while keeping calories constant. You can up the volume too, more 6-10 rep sets and fewer

I have the opposite.

310 max bench

335 max squat.
This is what happens when you only bench in throughout highschool.

Me
>190lbs 20% bf
>2pl8 sqt
>2.5 pl8 deadlift
>have God tier fat accumulation genetics
>pecs look like I lift 3pl8 bench for warmups
>tfw had a guy run across the gym to get 1.5pl8 off me because I could not get it up
I felt like a cuck

Not even, they're fucking average for my height. I just was afraid to bench for a long time. My bench actually increased more than my deadlift in the last year.

Dont worry senpai, i deadlift 200kg for reps, squat 200kg, but only bench 80kg

Squat 100kg i means

yeah, i'm definitely going to try this out. i just get this feeling that bench "clicks" so well for so many people. it's always been shit for me. my OHP blows my bench out of the water, so i'm thinking close grip might be my thing as they feel sort of similar. more delt/tricep focused.

post body pls

>be fat
>be embarrassed
You should

I'm running into this problem too. Is the solution more volume? Should I do like 5x4-5 or something? I threw in some incline bench last week to see if that'll help out.

I look bigger than the chinks repping 3pl8 at my gym.

LOL

;_; pls no bully. I just need to cut 25lbs

445 squat 575 dead 275 bench

just

sorry but that chest isnt even close to looking like a 3 pl8 bench

being honest here it doesnt even look like you could put up 1.5

you weren't kidding, what the fuck, your fat deposits are shaped like huge pecs

More benching, dubells BP, dumbell flies, helicopters for the shoulders.

Same I bench fairly close now numbers go up and my shoulders don't seem to get as wrecked. Most people i see struggling to bench tiny numbers have their grip way to wide.
definitely yes but why stop there? Deload 10% and do sets of 5 until you can't maintain bar speed/form

Your form sucks

Unless you're a manlet or have shoulder issues your index fingers should be around the rings.

Why would I be embarrassed? Still under 30% body fat meaning I look normal in modern society. Plus I have a pretty good squat and deadlift

>tfw almost 50kg bench
>lifting for 3 months

your chest looks like it's actual muscle when you're wearing a shirt, but it looks like shit naked, keep liftan buddy

Cucked by internal leverages, it is what it is.

Thanks bra, that's why I only swim late at night at my YMCA. Do you think my pecs will get smaller if I lose weight. That would be a shame.

smolov jr for bench

>Do you think these lumps of fat will be smaller when I lose fat.
What do you think...

Nah wait, fat magically turns into muscle so everything will be fine.

That's 3 year of hair growth

My bench is fucking depressing.

I've only been lifting for a couple of weeks now but my bench sucks dick. I can only get 3x5 at 110 before needing to deload to 105 for the last two sets. It has barely budged and I certainly haven't seen the "linear" growth that SS/SL/etc. are supposed to be about.

Reminder that if your bench is sub par it is one of the 3 reasons.

>shit form
>poor dieting
>shit form
>not enough sleep
>shit form

Hurt shoulder bro here, shit sucks. At least I reached 2pl8. Found out I respond better to higher volume at least. Crank out 10 sets of whatever at 135 after doing the heavy 3x5 set.

looks good with shirt on. looks bad off lol, you can tell is fatty.

Yep, only three possible reasons haha. Injuries and limb length have nothing to do with it haha