I see a bunch of faggots here bragging about their deadlift and squat

I see a bunch of faggots here bragging about their deadlift and squat.

What about the fucking bench? What about the fucking overhead press?

Yeah, I know, you have an awesome squat, boo-hoo, but you can't bench your bodyweight to save your life.

Enough with the glorification lifts any swinging dick can get relatively good at, let's talk lifts for me.

> Bench and OHP thread
> Routines, tips, acessory exercises

Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

www35.online-convert.com/download-file/2043a53160ec69be06ca27f9cbe408fc/converted-bc40a954.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=BPXaoamLato
youtu.be/74B5lodeS_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lifts any swinging dick can get relatively good at

you mean bench, right? because that's the only lift i've ever seen normies excel in.

t. fat "powerlifter" who bounces 3 plates off his gut for a grand total of a 6 inch ROM

Found the guys who don't bench.

Then why do you suck at it? Are you worse than a normie?

i never said i sucked at it. it's just weird not to consider a vanity lift like bench a "glorification lift"

>bench 700+lbs raw
>some twink says I suck
Tough crowd

He's just some jelly, anime lover who can't bench 315 to save his life.

> vanity lift

Is that why ever autist and tripfags in this board only post videos of their try-hard selves squatting or deadlifting?

>can bench more than body weight
>weigh just under 1.5pl8
it was a nice milestone but mixed feels because I AM babbyweight

I've always sucked at bench. I can hit 260lbs for a double as of today.

As for OHP, I push-press 215.

Props on the OHP.

What do you think is the issue with your benching?

>As for OHP, I push-press
do you leg press for squats too?

Bench press is shit.

OHP is much more impressive

i shoulder pressed 225 when i was doing dianabol for funsies. ive never felt the need to shoulder press. i hope that helps.

>OHP is much more impressive
>impressive

So, you lift to get strong and better yourself or you lift to impress random people on Veeky Forums?

225 OHP
About another 100 lbs on top of that for bench.

>As for OHP, I push-press 215.

What's your strict press?

9 months lifting currently 200lbs bench, 135lbs ohp @150lbs. I swear I'm gonna get that 2pl8 next year.

115lbs, but it's only because I don't really train it lol

Also, wanna get a bw ohp should probably be doable in a year.

Good numbers user. What routine are you following atm?

OHP'd 155 for 3x10 yesterday. Was only gonna do 3x3 but I was feeling way too good to pass up that kind of volume.

There is absolutely no way you can push press 215 if you can only strict 115.

Working sets are 180 for OHP and 260 for incline bench. I'm 5'10 200lbs

>makes a thread on posting your bench numbers.
>doesn't post his own.

Ok

I personally believe if you're using your legs and/or arching your back you're not benching. You're cutting out half of the ROM maybe more. Understandable for fat powerlifters because thats what they do, but if you don't compete and do this you're probably autistic.

Don't know, I've deloaded, worked on form, and tried every kind of routine but I always start plateauing at around 250.

Pic related

You'll fuck up your shoulders if you regularly bench close to your 1rm without the proper form. Fat powerlifters might know something you don't.

Goddamn it

The most common question in fitness is "How much can you bench?" You can't compare a contrarian board like any Veeky Forums board to the average person. Bench is the most popular lift. Bar none.

That being said, my shoulder finally feels better. I was hoping to rep 250 and get 275 within a year of lifting. I hated bench at first but I love it now.

My bench just goes up and up so I have never had to grind for it. My OHP is the opposite so I'll shed some wisdom

Tips for OHP
>either volume or frequency should be high. Such small muscles such as delts and tris need more reps or training sessions due to not being worked very hard during each lift proportionally due to not moving much weight
>pause close grip bench saved my press
>weighted dips are great
>perhaps the best: during the whole lift keep your attention focused on your feet in order to ensure the bar goes straight up and straight down, invaluable advice

This

Like it or not, bench remains the standard measure for how strong as person is. Normies don't care about your 3pl8 clean or that you can do weighted dips with 100lbs but tell anyone besides gym autists that you bench 250 and you'll get respect.

Whoa is that a Jojo reference?

My new PR from about a week ago, rate my form Veeky Forumsizens!

Not sure why a 35 second video is 52 megs though www35.online-convert.com/download-file/2043a53160ec69be06ca27f9cbe408fc/converted-bc40a954.webm

That better be kilograms

Even Bodario can't do 550, and he's invincible.

If you want to impress normies you bench 200 to 225. If you want to impress yourself, you bench 3plates. Anything over that is great.

I want to oneday hit 4plates though. Don't know if it will happen but I'll be fucked if I don't try

Oh yeah

4plates natty would be a feat.

You arch your back to force the contraction of the scapulae and to use leg dive. "Shortening your rom", spotted the dyel.

Read the fucking sticky.

lol@ estatting faggots itt

i bet i'm the only one here who can bench 700+, and i have video to prove it

youtube.com/watch?v=BPXaoamLato

I lift to get stronger.

As a metric OHP is more difficult and drives your bench press, whereas bench press is not as impressive and doesn't carry-over to OHP in the same way.

In this case an impressive lift happens to be an ideal lift.
L2 not be a stupid ass.

Well you can drop 700 lbs on your chest. Way to go Beast.

samefag

youtu.be/74B5lodeS_I my seven rep max, how did I do?

I like you, but your negro is really annoying.

He is very animated.
Surprised we don't get banned.

When is my squat officially strong? I don't mean like IPF strong, just general strength athlete strong. 200kg?

>35lb pl8s

>barely two reps 4 pl8s
>tries 725lb bench press
top kek user

I'd say 4pl8 for reps would be in the top 5% of most commercial gyms

But i can bench 15lbs over my bodyweight

You crush some ribs with that "bench press" ?

If you bench 700+ raw, then you're one of literally a handful of people in the world, and none of them are autistic enough to be on Veeky Forums.

Wow we have a potential world record holder right here on Veeky Forums

320 lbs bench, 245 push press, 190 military press. 5/3/1 is all you could ever need for bench and military press. Also get your triceps super strong.

They are 45s, why lie?

God i wish i had a house nigga thatd chase after me and narrate my life

I am still in DYEL mode.

205 is my weight.

160 1RM strict OHP

Too autistic to ask for a spot on bench so 1 RM is unknown at this point but I can do 70 pound dumbellls for 10.

>not lifting for aesthetics
None of you will ever make it

this picture makes me so sad..

How about you use your fucking eyes, anybody can plainly see that dramatic back arch reduces rom

How's my form?

I second this. I love both but there's something about pressing weight overhead that is simply more fulfilling to perform and witness.

How do I progress on bench? Should I do one light day and one heavy day a week? Rep schemes? I was gunna do 5/3/1 BBB for it but I heard that's not good for bench

rofl, bench's not your problem

Lol

I've gone to the gym over a thousand times and never ever seen someone even attempt 4 plate squat.

The vast majority of even gymgoers can't squat for shit

>160

Cool. OHP is my favorite lift. I started with a 20 lb bar and kept adding 2.5 lbs a week. Now I'm at 110 lbs. I hope to strict press in the 200's some day.

Do a shit ton of volume, I swear tons of powerlifters I see at local meets usually have good squat/deadlifts but have pretty low benches, like guys will have 300-340 benches tops(this is like 205/232 weight class guys), mean while they have +5/6 squat/deads, and I fucking swear it's because so many people just don't do nearly enough volume for upper body. It's my own kinda broscience but when you squat / deadlift it's a lot easier to get more total tonnage because they're naturally so much heavier, so I don't think they require the same accessory work, but most guys who bench 3 plate probably work at 2 - 275lbs which is way lighter overall than their 3-4 plate working sets for squat and 4-5 for deadlifts. So I just kinda think people need to just do random ass pressing to get more volume in. I've was stuck at around 300 for a long ass time and I added in a shit ton of pressing and it seems to have helped quite a bit, recently hit a 30lbs pr which was pretty great.

Don't be. He's a young tadpole starting the journey of making it

I believe the exact same tbqh.

I did 140 for 20*5 two nights ago as a deload.

I weigh 165 for reference.

Absolutely. Upper body needs more weekly volume which can manifest as frequency, sets etc.

I read PPST and Justin lascek's ebooks but they never mentioned the volume you can get away with on the upper body.

kek

nah, if you're squatting 3pl8+ for reps in a commercial gym then you're an anomaly already.

squatting 4pl8 for reps in probably top 1% in your average gym, freak-tier.

Is 240pounds considert 2.5pl8? On bench press

This is true in my experience too. When my Overhead Press PR went from 200 to 225 my competition bench went from 325 to 347. Anything to make the press go up will make your bench go up, and you won't mess up your shoulders or joints doing more volume on overhead press.

Lol. I go to an anytime fitness that is full of yoked dudes and bodybuilders and i still never seen anyone squat 4 plates. Ive only ever seen one guy other than myself squat 3 plates and up. But i only go around noon and always see the same people so who knows maybe in the evening is when all the 4pl8 squatters show up

Bench Press is my worst exercise. I trained it the most and needed 3 years until I pressed 100 kg 3 times. I began to train Squads last year in may and I squat already 120 kg, I began also Deadlifts last year, I started with 120 and I'm now almost at 200.

5'9 83kg

>Squat 160kg
>Deadlift 80kg
>Bench Press 80kg
>Press 45kg

There's a rational explanation, I swear.

never seen a 3 pl8 squatter at anytime let alone 4pl8

lol
>me 77kg
>OHP 60kg 5rm
>bench 90 5rm
>max squat was 92.5kg dropped it few month ago sqaut now and then 70kg
>DL is 120kg /care

if u wanna increase ur bench , u should bench twice a week every week , same with OHP...

>That fucking drop

>I personally believe if you're using your legs and/or arching your back you're not benching.
Since it legal in powerlifting, where bench press is literally 1/3 of the sport, I'd say that it's still benching.

lel ive never seen anyone hitting 3pl8s at least and ive been to 5 gyms

>not sticking to the routine
Not gonna make it. I suggest you take a deload week to reset after this blunder you've done.

>sport
Its more of a game, really.

I literally don't train bench press.

At 165lbs I can the press 170 for two reps.

On a whim one of my friends asked my to bench press.
225 no problem.

you don't even see people deadlift 4pl8 at commercial gyms, i'm pretty sure you're just another Veeky Forums lurker who doesn't actually lift.

now imagine how much you could the press if you trained your bench

The Press drives Bench.

Bench doesn't drive The Press ... That much.
I do weighted push ups and planches for chest anyway.

Way more than bench could do.

You're supposed to arch your back. Every credible coach and trainer will tell you the same.

You're also supposed to keep your ass planted on the bench, which may not be happening in the OP.

Fuck bench most I got was 81kg 3x5 then I went on holiday for 2 weeks drank and ate like shit now can only do 1x5 at 80 and 2x5 at 75kgs. Its bullshit ive been trying for years to get a decent bench being tall sucks hard to get decent lifts

Ohp with dbs can do 27kgs 3x6

>weighted push ups

trip on Kirill

I don't bench. I do ring dips and weighted dips instead.