QTDDTOT -- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

QTDDTOT -- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Should I lift with a cold or will that affect my recovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/total-athleticism-the-workout
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any downside to pressing in a straight line when dumbbell benching/pressing? I notice some people do it an arc (weights almost touching at top) and some guys do it in a linear line.

Does it make any difference if I breathe through my mouth or nose when running?
Mouth feels more natural but a friend of mine told me to breathe through my nose, but is that actually any good?

Intense training lowers immune function. If you are going to exercise, keep it light to moderate in intensity/duration, as this will assist in immune function.

Breathing through the nose is healthier at a resting respiratory rate. During exercise...it may be difficult to get enough air, so the mouth I would say is better just to prevent having to lower the intensity to accommodate.

I never seen to get anything out of db press unless I touch and squeeze the dbs together at the top of the lift. You'll get more pec work if you do it in an arc and mostly tricep if straight.

When can I hop off of a beginner routine (doing reddit ppl) and go into something intermediate?
170 lbs @ 5'9", losing weight as I am a fatfuck
OHP: 110 5x5
Bench: 145 5x5
Squat: 235 5x5
Deadlift: 285 1x5

Should I wait until bench is around 180, squat is around 300, and deadlift is nearing 400?

The function of the pec is to adduct the humerus in a position of shoulder flexion...so the arc adds more of an adduction element to the primarily shoulder flexion movement that is the db bench. The problem is, the force curve is such that there is less tension as you approach the end range...to keep constant tension on the pecs you would need to stop short of touching the dbs together.

Stay on a beginner routine until you stop making regular lift increases. The proper pace for this should be outlined in your routine.

So if you're still able to add 5 lbs every week stay on it. If you're only adding 5 a month switch.

you stop doing beginner routines when you stop making gains on them not when you reach magic numbers. Beginner programs are the best and fastest way to make gains

I'm wanting to develop better overall athleticism, and have been doing some Max Shank reading ( t-nation.com/training/total-athleticism-the-workout )

I'm just wondering if training protocols like this can be incorporated with more standard strength routines like 5/3/1. I'm still in the beginner stages for strength and cardio training (SS with accessories, and couch to 5k) so I won't be doing this for awhile, but I'd like to get an idea of how I should start planning things.

At this point I can't seem to linearly progress, but all my numbers still seem very low for me to switch.
Should I even bother switching when I'm cutting?

How do I tell the difference between the fat and extra skin on my disgusting body?

reverse pyramid training.

I'm reading kinobody.
Is this training a meme?

What workout plan should someone who's just stalled on SS get onto in order to achieve Dom? Pic obviously related, but not necessarily him at his best.

After making some gains my rotator cuff has been an ongoing issue the past month. Limited my routine lately and now just flat out taking time off. Other than stretching and light exercise for my cuff, should I just wait?

Are you not able to linearly progress because you're cutting or because you need a new routine? How long have you been doing this?

Some kind of PPL minus the L.

somewan

Can I continue lifting with a chronic anal fissure?

serious question

For future reference: The title of the thread goes in the subject field, makes it easier to find in the catalog and makes it look like this isn't your first day on Veeky Forums.

The obvious answer is to eat more if you want to progress, if you want to cut more than anything then either maintain or do a weekly progression with lower volume and higher intensity and then try LP again once you are on a surplus. Also, at an BMI of 25 you're skinny-fat and not proper fat.

Unless you recently went from severely obese to normal weight you probably don't have lose skin, or not that loose at least.

>For future reference: The title of the thread goes in the subject field, makes it easier to find in the catalog and makes it look like this isn't your first day on Veeky Forums.
Only newfags and tryhards use the subject field. I was just surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this.

Plus it's not any harder to find if you use the search feature.

>just stalled on SS get onto in order to achieve Dom
Maybe temper your expectations first, dom isn't as small as Veeky Forums is memeing. It will take mostly time, good diet and effort - he probably does PPL or a more aesthetics oriented PHUL.

Take two weeks of, if it persists go see a doctor. Or see him right away if the pain is bad.

In through mouth, out through nose

Nose slows the rate of exhalation supposedly allowing more oxygen to be absorbed

>Only newfags and tryhards use the subject field.
Yeah, that's why every QTDDTOT or /plg/ or /fraud/ or whatever general has the title in the subject field. Everyone on Veeky Forums is a newfag. This isn't /b/.

>Plus it's not any harder to find if you use the search feature.
It is at a glance, not much of a difference - but people are used to it being bolded.

>Everyone on Veeky Forums is a newfag. This isn't /b/.
>and tryhards

Relax, this thread will be dead by morning and you can post your own with all the proper formatting and shit you want.

should I add weight lifting to my cardio?

I dont keep count of my proteins, is there a point to it? are gains possible without keeping track of proteins and on a deficit?

Is it okay to replace leg day with a deadlift day in a PPL routine?

What does Veeky Forums do if they have a sharp lower back pain?

>tfw took two months off
>went from a 225 bench to 135
> still discomfort and outright pain at night after a chest workout
Time to go to the doctor :/

Stretch then stretch some more.

Having some muscle is having better than no muscle. Start with low weight and practice on form if you're just doing cardio. You'll already have your feet wet for when you're ready to start lifting big.

Lifting helps avoid yo-yoing - more muscle means higher TDEE, not that cardio isn't important too. Making gains on a deficit is possible, it's pretty easy early on and then gradually gets harder. You definitely should at least try to estimate protein intake.

Depends, did it happen during a lift? Does it only occur when lifting stuff or also during normal activities? How much does it hurt? Where exactly? Is it getting better or worse?

Fuck off, you bought up that newfag shit, I merely tried to give someone a pointer on using the site.

Lower back hurts when I bend over. Especially on the right side (from mixed grip dl?).

Pain started the same time I started deadlifting again after a month break.

Bill Stars back rehab programme helps a lot of people. If it is towards the side then it probably isn't the spine (excluding refereed pain.) I'd rest up a bit and then do the programme, in the meanwhile focus on proper posture and do mild stretches, no foam rolling.

More context needed

Appreciate the help

> pull day
pullups
v-grip pulldowns
cable rows
face pulls
bicep work

> leg day/deadlift day
deadlifts
shrugs
some extra leg accessories

You can do whatever you like user, that seems like a decent way to structure things.

thanks

Is waking up early to go to the gym a long term solution? I've been lifting on and off all my life in spurts. I'm currently 27 but used to work out between
>10-12 skip leg day
>16-18 skip leg day
>21-23 actually have leg days because of Veeky Forums
>hike fag years 23-24
3 year break
My old stats were
bench 255lb x5 reps
ohp 175 x5 reps
squat 275lbs x5 reps
Clean and Jerk max 175lbs on sand

Right now I have no clue where I stand but tomorrow morning I'm going back to my push leg pull days with a 500 cal deficit like I used to do. But I never had to wake to be by the gym by 5 a m.
>inb4 home gym
Done that several times but all of my equipment ended up going bad due to the weather and I have a toddler to watch.

what treadmill should i get

Are there any benefits to using a sauna post workout?

Morning training is sustainable as long as your sleep schedule is sustainable. You will go to bed earlier and you can't really compromise on that.

Hikefagging builds calves decently 2 b honess

lol just got to the toddler part, lol your sleep is already compromised, but lol plenty of dads have succeeded in your position/parameters

feels weird attempting to give you advice being 24 and childless, but then again you probably know all of this and sometimes it just takes an extra voice to reassure

ya, sauna post lifting is good, cold showers post cardio is good

What does it do to the body? My gym also has a steam room, when should I use it?

As a 5'11 145 skinnyfat, what should I be focusing on? Eating at maintenance and lifting? Eating at maintenance, lifting, and cardio? I'd prefer to be around 140 in terms of weight, but not skinnyfat.

Why is it when I work out my triceps my biceps look bigger as opposed to when I work out my biceps?

I'm trying to lose weight, what can I eat when I'm bored/crave something/want to stuff something in my mouth?
I've tried carrots, apples, turnip cabbage, but is there something else? They get boring pretty fast so I'd like to shuffle a little

Eat surplus and lift. 140 is Auschwitz mode at 5'11". Shoot for 160 but not skinnyfat.

Your BMI is at 20, that's fairly low. In your shoes I'd do lifting at maintenance, then add a surplus when I stall out, cut once I'm at a bf% that starts to look bad (18% for me.)

On what exercise?

Its in through nose out mouth

Apples have a lot of sugar so avoid those for snacks. I like cottage cheese as a snack because it's very filling with relatively few calories and good protein, but it has a lot of sodium.

Thanks, really hoping the temporary lack of cutting and going straight into gaining muscle will help replace chin/neck and belly fat.

Mushrooms, celery, salsa, sugar free jello, any kind of berry, almond milk.

Veeky Forums I need your help. I swim a lot and I met this qt3.14 there. I asked her out for food today(after loads of spaghetti) and she said she was busy, but Friday was a good time. She told me to choose the place to eat. The pool we go to is in the town center, so there's a a great number of places we can go to.

Where do I take her to eat? What the fuck do I say? We're also swimming again tomorrow.

You're on your own, friend. Veeky Forums can't hold your hand forever, but maybe she can.

What's a good vegetarian way to acquire the proteins I need?

Skullcrushers vs Bicep curl

My biceps look more "defined" and bigger

i'm too dumb to explain check out dr. rhonda patrick about it all

The same way all vegetarians get their protein.

Drink semen.

almond milk is a frankenfood fake health product

My hamstrings are incredibly short/tight/whatever and I don't know why or how to fix this. They prevent me from pushing out my ass to flatten my back to deadlifts and squats, and I also can barely bring my knees vertical during the hamstring curl on the machine, but forget about touching the cushion to my ass. Is there any way to fix this? Stretch? Can I eventually develop the mobility to do these exercises with proper form or am I just fucked?

legumes

whole grains

eggs/egg whites

milk and cheese

I took a shit last night Veeky Forums and there seemed to be a fair amount of blood in it. I'm dying aren't I?

>Should I lift with a cold or will that affect my recovery?
I lifted with food poisoning, get your bitch ass in there and wipe everything down once you're done using it.

I'm joining the military and, of course, need to learn how to run properly. My recruiter says to always breathe in through my nose, and out through my mouth the whole run, and to just try every day. Is any of this right? I also am "flue footed" and have an odd stride. Is there any way to work on my stride to make it more efficient?

So is sugar free jello, what's your point? user asked for foods good for cutting.

Don't lift with a cold you disgusting animal. Other people go to the gym and use the shit your disgusting animal hands get germs all over.

No. If you see blood in your stool that means there's a tear somewhere close to your sphincter.

if it were actually serious, like a ripped gastrointestinal organ or something, then the blood gets digested as it passes through your intestines. in which case it appears really really black.

bump

Good advice, cheers mates.

would these shoes be good to lift in? they're jordan's my brother gave me, idk what kind. i'm p new to the game so i need a bit of a heel when i lift, usually i use 2.5 lb plates tho

by lift i meant squat

they're dope I like em

Is it possible to make strength gains while swimming 6 times a week?

My gym has pic related. How do you use it?

1rms
squat 395
bench 250
deadlift 500

re jacked & tan 2.0
first week, first day, back squat
3 sets of 6 reps+
>work up to 10rm
so that last set I should load up ~295 and do 10 reps?

mad confused about this honestly

Yes, you should stretch. Try to work on/progress to a standing pike. Try to improve general leg mobility. And don't stretch right before you work out, try and do it before bed every night. Also, don't listen to faggot broscience that says don't stretch if you want to get strong.

I want to buy some running shoes.

Can anyone recommend some? Nike's seme pretty memey and I hate looking at them since every fucker is wearing them.

Bump

I got a cold and have to breath with my mouth when sleeping, will this turn me into one of those mouthbreather clowns? I have a good jawline

What are some good ways to fix anterior pelvic tilt without foam rolling?

You read the fucking directions labeled on the machine

how do I make the video I took on my cellphone into a webm? I want Veeky Forums to formcheck me on deadlifts and bent over rows

Asics or Mizunos.

webm for retards

thanks but
>tfw mac

then just use ffmpeg
if you don't want to learn to use that then kill yourself

DOUBT

Wednesday: Recovery Day
A.Squat2 x 5 @ 80% of Monday's work weight
B.Overhead Press (if you bench pressed Monday)3 x 5 * or
Bench Press (if OHP on Monday)3 x 5 @ 90% previous 5 x 5 weight
>C.Chin-up3 x Bodyweight
D.Back Extension or Glute-Ham Raise5 x 10

C.- I can do 10 pull ups without assistance, what do I do? Does he mean 3 x F?

I can do weighted pull ups for lower reps

it's basically:
ffmpeg -i input.whatever output.webm

then you customize it further

usefull switches:

-c:v libvpx to have to correct codec
-crf 4 to se the quality (constant rate factor) lower values = higher quality
-b:v 4M to set the bitrate
-an to disable audio for cucked boards like /g/
-metadata title='the game' to add a title
to cut something:
-ss 0:01.00 to set the start
-t 0:05 to set the time

when you got comfy with this shit, you don't want to use anything else, have fun

webm related, it's my bitch
>ffmpeg -i erotic_stallman.gif -metadata title='your a fagget' -c:v libvpx -b:v 500k out.webm

Exactly how long before working out should I take my creatine? Like 30 minutes before lifting or something? Everywhere I search it just says "right before lifting" but that's not fucking specific enough
Also does overcooking eggs mess with their protein content?

It really doesn't matter when you take creatine. Just eat the damn shit. You're stressing over the 1-5% difference and it's hurting you more than helping. Burning shit is unhealthy for sure. You want a runnier yolk and non-runny whites. Softboiled/poached/sunny side up master race.

Well that's good to hear, you're the man

Did you eat a lot of beets or something with red food dye? That can do it.

Do knuckle push ups have any significance over regular push ups or do they make no difference?

Please answer fast

Is the Fierce 5 Novice Routine any good?

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

theyre mostly a meme
just do your pushups with good form and maybe use a dumbell or push up bars

Incline barbell bench press vs incline Dumbbell bench press. Which is better and why? I've heard DB is easier on the shoulders